ADVERTISEMENT

Kent State continue making a move into WV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for him. I've honestly never even heard of Michael or seen his name mentioned at all with MU.

2021 is deep with in-state talent, though. Marshall already has a commitment from K/P John McConnell out of Morgantown and is sitting very well with Caleb Bryan, Ethan Payne and Bryce Biggs.

Marshall is somewhat involved with Martinsburg RB Naieem Kearney. No offer yet but there is interest on MU's part.

Marshall offered Isaiah Johnson, Wyatt Millum and Zeiqui Lawton but none of them are still considering MU; although I do believe Johnson's recruitment is far from over in terms of his final five schools.

Good for him. I've honestly never even heard of Michael or seen his name mentioned at all with MU.

2021 is deep with in-state talent, though. Marshall already has a commitment from K/P John McConnell out of Morgantown and is sitting very well with Caleb Bryan, Ethan Payne and Bryce Biggs.

Marshall is somewhat involved with Martinsburg RB Naieem Kearney. No offer yet but there is interest on MU's part.

Marshall offered Isaiah Johnson, Wyatt Millum and Zeiqui Lawton but none of them are still considering MU; although I do believe Johnson's recruitment is far from over in terms of his final five schools.

Interesting, Dave Walker leaves Martinsburg and all of sudden Doc is recruiting that high school again.

btw, I think Johnson could end up at Marshall.

Reactions: johns1124
btw, I think Johnson could end up at Marshall.

One thing is that MU recently, last couple of years or so, has recruited some players from Bluefield HS and from cross town, Bluefield (VA) Graham High. Don't think the players from Bluefield HS stuck around very long. One, Mookie Collier, was a small, but quick, All State running back. I know that Bluefield's HC, Simon, and some players have been at past Coaches Tour events held in nearby Princeton, WV, and that Doc and his staff have recruited the Beckley-Bluefield area and nearby Southwest Virginia region (remember Devon "Rockhead" Johnson from Richlands, VA, HS?).

Not really...doc has offered one guy in the last 10 years

Not that this is any surprise, but you're wrong again in regards to recruiting.

Marshall has offered three guys from Martinsburg since 2013.

he offered German but it was yanked after the coach left(which is why Doc and Walker didn't like each other), Tavis Lee, and who? They didn't offer Lindsey who went to WVU but he was offered by Toledo. they have had several the last couple of years Doc could have offered but didn't

Last edited:
he offered German but it was yanked after the coach left(which is why Doc and Walker didn't like each other), Tavis Lee, and who? They didn't offer Lindsey who went to WVU but he was offered by Toledo. they have had several the last couple of years Doc could have offered but didn't

The coach that offered Eugene German was J.C. Price and he's still on the staff. German's offered was never pulled. He was simply recruited over.

Along with German, Marshall offered Tavis Lee, who chose WVU and DeWayne Grantham (currently enrolled @ WVU's JUCO of choice).

Now, you may not have known Marshall offered Grantham, but they most certainly did.

The coach that offered Eugene German was J.C. Price and he's still on the staff. German's offered was never pulled. He was simply recruited over.

Along with German, Marshall offered Tavis Lee, who chose WVU and DeWayne Grantham (currently enrolled @ WVU's JUCO of choice).

Now, you may not have known Marshall offered Grantham, but they most certainly did.
Wrong, it was Phil Ratliff that offered German and its why he went to Charlotte because Doc dropped the offer(Doc and Walker had a huge falling out), and you may want to talk to your other board mod because we had a huge discussion last year on why Marshall didn't offer Grantham(he didn't know marshall recruited him and no one at Martinsburg told me). I was told Marshall didn't take instate props. As a matter of fact the discussion was why would you take a linebacker form Winchester that got his butt kicked by Martinsburg and not take Grantham(so Marshall got out recruited by a juco). Btw, he wont be a WVU take after juco, so Doc still has a chance.

Wrong, it was Phil Ratliff that offered German and its why he went to Charlotte because Doc dropped the offer(Doc and Walker had a huge falling out), and you may want to talk to your other board mod because we had a huge discussion last year on why Marshall didn't offer Grantham(he didn't know marshall recruited him and no one at Martinsburg told me). I was told Marshall didn't take instate props. As a matter of fact the discussion was why would you take a linebacker form Winchester that got his butt kicked by Martinsburg and not take Grantham(so Marshall got out recruited by a juco). Btw, he wont be a WVU take after juco, so Doc still has a chance.

I don't know why you continue to talk recruiting.

Phil Ratliff joined the Charlotte staff on January 1st of 2012. German didn't receive his offer from Marshall until March of 2012, shortly after J.C. Price joined the Marshall staff. Price, who OFFERED and continued to recruit German was most certainly his lead recruiter. This also shoots down your idiotic theory or whatever lies you've been told about Walker and Doc having some sort of a falling out due to German's offer being pulled.

Once Grantham realized he had no other choice, but to go JUCO, Marshall became involved with him irregardless of what someone at Martinsburg may or may not have told you.

Whoever told you Marshall didn't take in-state props either overstepped their boundaries or you misunderstood what they were saying. I'd venture to say the latter if you're referring to @Chris McLaughlin.

I don't know why you continue to talk recruiting.

Phil Ratliff joined the Charlotte staff on January 1st of 2012. German didn't receive his offer from Marshall until March of 2012, shortly after J.C. Price joined the Marshall staff. Price, who OFFERED and continued to recruit German was most certainly his lead recruiter. This also shoots down your idiotic theory or whatever lies you've been told about Walker and Doc having some sort of a falling out.

Once Grantham realized he had no other choice, but to go JUCO, Marshall became involved with him irregardless of what someone at Martinsburg may or may not have told you.

Whoever told you Marshall didn't take in-state props either overstepped their boundaries or you misunderstood what they were saying. I'd venture to say the latter if you're referring to @Chris McLaughlin.
Look, I know what happened to German. I know the family, and I know the coaching staff at Martinsburg. Phil offered the kid and Doc didn't agree to keep an offer in place(lots of people had hard feelings on this one). So he went to Charlotte. On, Grantham go ask your other board mod because we discussed on here at length.

Please stop re-writing history.

Bottom line, Martinsburg is the most successful high school football team in the state the last 10 years and Doc has not taken one kid from that school. At some point facts matter.

Look, I know what happened to German. I know the family, and I know the coaching staff at Martinsburg. Phil offered the kid and Doc didn't agree to keep an offer in place(lots of people had hard feelings on this one). So he went to Charlotte. On, Grantham go ask your other board mod because we discussed on here at length.

Please stop re-writing history.

Bottom line, Martinsburg is the most successful high school football team in the state the last 10 years and Doc has not taken one kid from that school. At some point facts matter.

I'm not re-writing history. I'm taking the words right out of German's mouth himself.

On 4/8/2012, Mike Farrell wrote the following article. In the article, German states, "I got my first offer probably three weeks ago from Marshall," he said.

https://n.rivals.com/news/wv-tackle-lands-first-offer

How is it possible that a coach that joined the Charlotte coaching staff on January 1st of 2012, managed to offer German a scholarship from Marshall 3 months later?

Did he go back to the future? Please explain that to be Marty McFly.

Reactions: 19MU88
I completely agree. Once you start providing them, maybe then we can agree on something. Until then, you need to check yourself.
check myself how? go research a post I made just after the martinsburg video came out last fall and I list ever major player coming out martinsurg in the last 10 years and where they went and they back story to their recruitment. I told the German and Grantham stories then and I did not see you debating the issue then(and the other mod on this site agreed MU did not recruit Grantham). so again what do I need to check myself about? Pointing out I know the German family?

check myself how? go research a post I made just after the martinsburg video came out last fall and I list ever major player coming out martinsurg in the last 10 years and where they went and they back story to their recruitment. I told the German and Grantham stories then and I did not see you debating the issue then(and the other mod on this site agreed MU did not recruit Grantham). so again what do I need to check myself about? Pointing out I know the German family?

In regards to your so called "facts."

I don't doubt that you know the German Family, but I doubt what you think you know.

Like I said, why did Eugene claim that he was offered by Marshall in March if he was offered by Marshall prior to January 1st?

Explain that. Maybe ask him yourself since you know the family so well.

In regards to your so called "facts."

I don't doubt that you know the German Family, but I doubt what you think you know.

Like I said, why did Eugene claim that he was offered by Marshall in March if he was offered by Marshall prior to January 1st?

Explain that. Maybe ask him yourself since you know the family so well.
I don't need to ask the family. this happened long ago and there were hard feelings with everyone evolved(including Phil).

I just get tired of people with agendas.

I see enough of that stuff in life outside of sports.
I don't have an agenda, I just know the story...Im not really sure why this is an issue with you because I have posted about this story many times including as recent as last fall. Why you taking this on now?

I don't have an agenda, I just know the story...Im not really sure why this is an issue with you because I have posted about this story many times including as recent as last fall. Why you taking this on now?

Because you’re wrong. You’ve been wrong. And as long as you continue with this Martinsburg nonsense, you’re gonna be wrong.

I’ve given you time stamped dates proving you’re incorrect and you continue to argue it. It’s beyond me and clearly shows that you have an agenda.

I just get tired of people with agendas.

I see enough of that stuff in life outside of sports.
what does the article prove. He got an offer. We know. From what the family, coaches at marsitnsburg and friends of Phil in the coach business say it got pulled on him.

Because you’re wrong. You’ve been wrong. And as long as you continue with this Martinsburg nonsense, you’re gonna be wrong.

I’ve given you time stamped dates proving you’re incorrect and you continue to argue it. It’s beyond me and clearly shows that you have an agenda.
I don't see time stamped dates? I see 10 years of players coming from Martinsburg and not a one going to marshall.

I don't see time stamped dates? I see 10 years of players coming from Martinsburg and not a one going to marshall.

Did you bother to even read the article that proves you wrong?

Phil was hired away on 1-1-2012.

Eugene was offered, according to his own words, in the middle of March in 2012.

How was Phil Ratliff the coach that offered him?

Those dates are all time stamped by the Rivals article I provided as well as Phil's bio on the Charlotte Football page.

You're wrong. Just admit it. You're making yourself look like a fool.

Reactions: 19MU88
Just because they are going to Kent is no reason for our recruiting them.

Agree. If we're really after in state players whom we want badly and lose them consistently to the Kent States of the world then, yes, we've got a BIG problem!

As for Martinsburg's program, yes they've had a significant and great run in WV high school football. That aside, however, I don't remember reading or hearing that every season Martinsburg turns out 4, 5 or more really top flight FBS caliber football players who go on to have outstanding success on the field at FBS programs. Their super successful QB a few seasons ago has had a good career thus far at Shepherd, a D-II school. If he graduates early and has eligibility left, maybe he'll finish his career in some FCS or FBS program.

Those dates are all time stamped by the Rivals article I provided as well as Phil's bio on the Charlotte Football page.

As I have said, I have posted about this story many times here and you choose now to debate me. I know the family, coaches, and friends with Phil were upset how Marshall handled this situation. Any way you slice MU didn't get a player out of Martinsburg. Maybe this will be the year Doc finally wakes up and recruits the school.

whats sad is you hijacked the thread when a discussion on instate recruiting was taking place...good job

whats sad is you hijacked the thread when a discussion on instate recruiting was taking place...good job

I didn’t hijack anything. You made a false claim regarding in-state recruiting and I simply corrected you.....again.

I didn’t hijack anything. You made a false claim regarding in-state recruiting and I simply corrected you.....again.
and I disagree with you again! Like I have said, I have posted the issue with German way more then once on this board and you choose now to debate. Im not sure why. I posted last fall about Grantham not getting a look from Marshall(and Chris and I discussed it on this board that Marshall showed no interest). You didn't say a word, but know when you want to re-write history its a topic.

and I disagree with you again! Like I have said, I have posted the issue with German way more then once on this board and you choose now to debate. Im not sure why. I posted last fall about Grantham not getting a look from Marshall(and Chris and I discussed it on this board that Marshall showed no interest). You didn't say a word, but know when you want to re-write history its a topic.

I don’t come over to this board all the time.

Other than to chime in from time to time.

But your continued ignorance of in-state recruiting and false accusations get old.

When you’re wrong, and I see it, I’m going to correct you.

I am a coach in the Eastern Panhandle and JC Price is around some but he is not very aggressive and Doc's track record of not taking anyone from this area speaks volumes. I don't know the story on German but to get out recruited by an upstart Charlotte program should tell you something. On another note:

The QB that no one wants to discuss(saw this on shepherds weight room wall):

-he is now 6-3 and a half and 220 lbs
-runs a 4.7 forty
-benches 225 25 times
-400 lbs power clean
-450 dead lift
-drops footballs in a trash can from 40 yeads
-3.6 gpa
-already thrown for 7500 in two years(which puts him pace to be one of the all time greats in D2).

This kid will get his shot at the NFL and is better then most the QB's MU and WVU have recruited in the last several years.

Doc offered him a PWO slot as a linebacker(which did not go over well). The kid and Martinsburg staff really felt slighted(now before everyone says he had no other D1 offers Marshall took a linebacker form Winchester that had no D1 offers and Martinsburg abused him and his team ).

I don't know the story on German but to get out recruited by an upstart Charlotte program should tell you something.

Marshall didn't get "out recruited" by Charlotte. They recruited over German by signing a pair of three-star OT's in Sandley Jean-Felix and Chris Huhn.

They also signed Michael Selby, who was a four-year starter, and Cody Collins, who played for one of the more successful programs in Ohio (went 49-10 during his four years there). They were both recruited to play the interior.

The QB that no one wants to discuss(saw this on shepherds weight room wall):

-he is now 6-3 and a half and 220 lbs
-runs a 4.7 forty
-benches 225 25 times
-400 lbs power clean
-450 dead lift
-drops footballs in a trash can from 40 yeads
-3.6 gpa
-already thrown for 7500 in two years(which puts him pace to be one of the all time greats in D2).

This kid will get his shot at the NFL and is better then most the QB's MU and WVU have recruited in the last several years.

Doc offered him a PWO slot as a linebacker(which did not go over well). The kid and Martinsburg staff really felt slighted(now before everyone says he had no other D1 offers Marshall took a linebacker form Winchester that had no D1 offers and Martinsburg abused him and his team ).

Beyond played out, but hey let's talk about a D2 kid that wasn't even worthy of a FCS-level offer, much less D1.

Reactions: goherd13
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT