ADVERTISEMENT

Lane Kiffin to FAU

I almost never agree with Sam's point of view.

However, when Lane asserts the reason he took the FAU job was that he wants "to do it better than its ever been done before," he really didn't set the bar very high, did he?

I think he took this job to continue trying to rebuild his reputation in hopes of getting a real head coaching job anywhere else.

Really? So a guy with millions is going to donate an unspecified amount of money to a scholarship fund if somebody will actually come to game. Note that the most recent game had an ANNOUNCED attendance of 6000. And probably a fifth of that in reality. Lame has to recruit, and playing before no one sucks.

Has nothing to do with the fact that in the unlikely event that Lame actually has success there, he is gone.

You do know he named his son Knox because of his deep commitment to Tennessee, right?

No one has claimed he would retire there. Christ. Who cares? Thats not really the point. Successful coaches move on when they succeed in the mid majors.

The point is one of your earlier claims of selfishness is already....wrong. Lane has worked and been taught by the best in the college ranks. If he wasn't capable of success he wouldn't have lasted at Alabama this long.

I'll stay with my original assertion. Kiffin will be beating our ass very soon. Our current talent isn't much better. Our coaching quality this season was simply terrible. Another season like last and Doc will be donating to fill some seats.

I almost never agree with Sam's point of view.

However, when Lane asserts the reason he took the FAU job was that he wants "to do it better than its ever been done before," he really didn't set the bar very high, did he?

I think he took this job to continue trying to rebuild his reputation in hopes of getting a real head coaching job anywhere else.

So what's wrong with rebuilding a reputation? Who cares what the bar is. My point is, all the shit talking about Kiffin will cease when he starts wearing out the Herd.

[QUOTE="raleighherdfan, post: 428202, member: 1184"My point is, all the s*** talking about Kiffin will cease when he starts wearing out the Herd.[/QUOTE]

So should we just drop football or what? Since you have declared that we have no chance, because lifetime failure, the world's oldest undergraduate, Lame Kiffin, will certainly dominate us.

CUSA has some great coaches and some great programs to worry about. None of them are in Boca Raton.

HMMMMM.......I seem to remember a program that accepted a player who was essentially booted from 2 programs (ND & FSU) for various legal issues and character flaws.......
Yes for a HS fight and smoking a doobie that no one would have know about without said fight. Not to mention said fight wouldn't have been a criminal offense had Moss just committed to wvu

[QUOTE="raleighherdfan, post: 428202, member: 1184"My point is, all the s*** talking about Kiffin will cease when he starts wearing out the Herd.

So should we just drop football or what? Since you have declared that we have no chance, because lifetime failure, the world's oldest undergraduate, Lame Kiffin, will certainly dominate us.

CUSA has some great coaches and some great programs to worry about. None of them are in Boca Raton.[/QUOTE]

What's wrong Sam? Someone provides a little perspective to your mindless rants and all you have in response is mindless hyperbole???

Personally the only coaching staff I am worried about is our own. Especially considering we squeaked out a win at one of those worthless, "nobody knows, nobody cares" Florida schools; and the other beat us like a step child.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT