ADVERTISEMENT

Leftwich named OC in Arizona

That's a tough situation. They're a team who needs to hit the reset button. The HC is an inexperienced defensive guy and Leftwich will be stepping in to "right the ship" when he has a rookie QB with an aging supporting cast--OL/WR--and a RB returning from injury.

I don't think he'll look very good. Hopefully he doesn't get saddled with the results.

2016: No coaching experience at all
2017: NFL QB Coach
2018: NFL Offensive Coordinator

That's a pretty sharp trajectory. I know its a terrible team, but it says a lot about Leftwich that he moved up that quick. Of course if you remember the way he played, his best skill by far was his ability to read defenses at the line and improvise, which isn't something that diminishes with age and plays directly into coaching.

I also think he's going to be named as a HC candidate at Marshall constantly from now on until the day he dies.

2016: No coaching experience at all
2017: NFL QB Coach
2018: NFL Offensive Coordinator

That's a pretty sharp trajectory. I know its a terrible team, but it says a lot about Leftwich that he moved up that quick. Of course if you remember the way he played, his best skill by far was his ability to read defenses at the line and improvise, which isn't something that diminishes with age and plays directly into coaching.

I also think he's going to be named as a HC candidate at Marshall constantly from now on until the day he dies.

I heard he was coming here to first take over the offense and serve as HCIW. Pass that one along, if you don't mind.

Reactions: herdalicious
No, I’m not impugning the opinions of neither Josh nor Chris; I’m just passing info along about what has been said about BL to MU.
No one is impugning opinions of josh or Chris. Just the moron fans that actually thought a rumor of Byron coming back to coach was actually going to happen

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT