ADVERTISEMENT

Legg vs Cramsey

ThunderStruck you thought the play calling was good? You stayed until the end right? I don’t know much about this game (I’m only 72). IMO it stunk

Reactions: Herdfan1986
ThunderStruck you thought the play calling was good? You stayed until the end right? I don’t know much about this game (I’m only 72). IMO it stunk
Yeah I don’t know how people thought the play calling was good we literally ran the ball up the middle most the time on 1st & 2nd than would throw a 45 yard post route with no one in the vicinity . I specifically can recall the announcer last night saying “in all my years around football, I’ve never see such a strange play call” when we decided to run the ball up the middle on 3rd and 14? Play call was almost as hideous as Greens no emotional expressions all night, some people try to say that’s the look of composure lol Coaches need to go and Green needs benched. Hit the reset button

I honestly didn’t think the play calls were that bad. I mean we had several open looks in the passing game , but green just had an awful game. He missed badly on several throws.

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes
My favorite play call in the Doc era has been the 2nd down and 12+ yards to go draw play up the middle that everybody knows is coming. The fans in my section actually started booing as IG was handing the ball off because everybody knew it was coming. Oh and for those of you that are wondering with anticipation the result was a loss of 1 yard.

Both teams could have run Student Body Right/Left for every play of the game and the final score would have been 52-14 or close.

My favorite play call in the Doc era has been the 2nd down and 12+ yards to go draw play up the middle that everybody knows is coming. The fans in my section actually started booing as IG was handing the ball off because everybody knew it was coming. Oh and for those of you that are wondering with anticipation the result was a loss of 1 yard.
That's Don Nehlen football 101.

I don’t think it’s the play calling. We have to run on 1st and 2nd down because our QB could not hit water if he fell out of a boat. So in order to allow our defense to breath we have to chew clock.

I’m not saying Cramsey is amazing. But I’d like to see his offense with a halfway competent QB.

hideous as Greens no emotional expressions all night

Don't expect that to change. I noticed this when we signed him. When I watched his HUDL videos he always looked bored out there. Hardly ever felt pressure and I worried how he might fair when the pocket gets tighter and he was being blitzed at the college level. I'm not saying his demeanor is good or bad. Time will bear that out. Right now it's trending in the wrong direction.

To me the most frustrating part is he'll show flashes, like against OHIO. He was pretty darn good that night and hit some Mahomes type passes. Like the 65 yard bomb that Gaines dropped. Or the absolute dime he dropped to Keaton that was dropped right before he threw a rope to Levias that was dropped on our last possession of the half.

I think he is horrible under pressure. Against UC it was first read and throw the ball away. Against MTSU we just had him run it.

I will say this. Our supposed to have been good OL is absolutely terrible and not helping Green or Knox out.

Someone please explain why Doc hired this guy.

He had one of the top offense in the nation at the FCS level. We can debate it now, but seriously people say all the time we need to pluck lower level coordinators that are successful.

I don't think it's Cramsey. I think it's Doc.

He had one of the top offense in the nation at the FCS level. We can debate it now, but seriously people say all the time we need to pluck lower level coordinators that are successful.

I don't think it's Cramsey. I think it's Doc.

Yes, in his one season at Sam Houston (2017), he had the nation’s top offense and top scoring offense. But guess what? The OC before him in 2016 at Sam Houston had more total yards and more points per game even though Cramsey inherited almost the exact same players on offense with a year more of experience.

It goes back to a recent post of mine about why I don’t put as much value in a new head coach having success at an already established power. It’s far more of an accomplishment to turn shit into even mediocre results than it is to turn gold into more gold. Cramsey was given the keys to a Ferrari with a year’s worth of upgrades and drove it slower than his predecessor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT