@FIU
@LaTech
@WKU
@ODU
FAU
Charlotte
Middle Tenn
Rice

7-5 regular season. I predict a bowl win = 8-5 overall.

Last edited:
Reactions: whf2
schedule:

early prediction, subject to change but I could see us going 4-8, I can see us losing the first 6 games

@ECU-Loss
Pitt-Loss
@Ohio-Loss
Boise-Loss
@FIU Loss
@LaTech-Loss
@WKU- Win
@ODU-win
FAU-Win
Charlotte-Loss
Middle Tenn Win
Rice

5-7

With John, you just have to take a percentage into consideration. He will lose at least 2-3 games he shouldn't and win maybe 1-2 he shouldn't.

Worst part is, Herd fans will be a while waiting on our first victory of 2020. We will be 0-4 out the gate.

Reactions: Shark19
We win 3-5 thanking Hamrick along the way for the high standards he sets for our once proud program.

I won’t predict a record but I will predict the following:
Inept coaching
Shitty QB play
Poor discipline as a team with idiotic penalties
DB’s who refuse to turn around and find the football
3rd and 19 runs up the middle while the ball is spotted on the opponents 40, a gain of 9 and than a punt.
A loss to a program that was just born in the 2000’s
Same prediction I’ve made for years on here
Stowers telling us we suck as fans because we don’t give enough money
Sam C attempting to convince us the AAC is beneath us even though we were drubbed by two teams who didn’t even win that conference
Perkins telling us all the games he’s traveling to and how he wouldn’t trade the season for any other

Honestly, it will come down to the same two things as the last two seasons... Coaching and QB play.

Offense brings back Knox/Evans, Obi, Thompson, Keaton, Gaines and pretty much the whole O-line... That alone will be enough to be above .500 in an awful CUSA (no more Kiffin at FAU so they will return to irrelevance).

The defense needs to have a lot of holes plugged, but should at least be serviceable.

I will say 7-5... 1-3 to start, but 6-2 in CUSA. Just good enough to finish second in the East so we can be told about how well Marshall "Competed within our division."

Reactions: Elkview
6-6. I hear the Bahamas are nice in December. I think WKU is the favorite in the East next season.

I think WKU is the favorite in the East next season.

that’s okay, we strive for second place in the east now
tenor.gif

Honestly, it will come down to the same two things as the last two seasons... Coaching and QB play.

Offense brings back Knox/Evans, Obi, Thompson, Keaton, Gaines and pretty much the whole O-line... That alone will be enough to be above .500 in an awful CUSA (no more Kiffin at FAU so they will return to irrelevance).

The defense needs to have a lot of holes plugged, but should at least be serviceable.

I will say 7-5... 1-3 to start, but 6-2 in CUSA. Just good enough to finish second in the East so we can be told about how well Marshall "Competed within our division."
Wait a minute. Evans is still on the team? Haven't seen him in......forever.

I believe we lose to Pitt, ECU, Boise, La Tech, WKU, and FAU. Toss up/ too close to call with Charlotte and FIU.

Better than 6-6 means something changes between now and next season. Maybe we bring in a QB coach, maybe Wells turns out to be really good AND John lets him play, or we get a grad transfer at QB.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Not homering enough for you Sam? Go ahead and tell us how the AAC is beneath us some more

You mean the league that the only Div I-A public college in the 2nd richest state lost so much money in they are paying millions to get out of?

You have AAC envy. The brightest shiny object of the day. Fact is the league is not financially viable, for Marshall, and probably not for any of its members. The MWC just signed its new TV deal (big increase) as did the SEC for its Game of the Week package (huge increase). Three of the P5 have TV deals up in the next 5 years. The next great realignment is coming, and thank goodness we have a leader like MH and not a bunch of keyboard warriors who really think there is a big difference between the G5 leagues. There isn't.

Maybe, if we’re lucky, we’ll finish in a tie for first in the East, but lose the tiebreaker. That’d be progress!!!
giphy.gif

Our goal is to not get into ties for second place in the east before climbing that mountain.

Reactions: trace_94
8-4. 2nd place in the division. Another Gasp-a-gorilla bowl. Aaron Perkins says be happy with this or go away. He's excited. https://twitter.com/aaronperk05?lang=en
bLZFXDb.png
We are blessed to have waterboy as a writer and analyst on this site. Such a way with words. Here’s the score for the opening “sentence” of that tweet:
Me - 1
I - 2
Next - 2
Thinking - 3

You mean the league that the only Div I-A public college in the 2nd richest state lost so much money in they are paying millions to get out of?

You have AAC envy. The brightest shiny object of the day. Fact is the league is not financially viable, for Marshall, and probably not for any of its members. The MWC just signed its new TV deal (big increase) as did the SEC for its Game of the Week package (huge increase). Three of the P5 have TV deals up in the next 5 years. The next great realignment is coming, and thank goodness we have a leader like MH and not a bunch of keyboard warriors who really think there is a big difference between the G5 leagues. There isn't.

Nope. UCF makes a lot of money in the AAC as do a lot of programs. Our athletic budget will top $75M in a few years. UConn left because their fans are delusional and think a regional Big East for basketball is so great that they’re willing to kill off football for good. Their program is a dumpster fire and the AAC will be better off without them.

PS- you do know that the new AAC tv deal pays out double what the new MWC one does right?

Years of this false hope that a great re-alignment where Marshall ends up in the same conference as wvu, who gets left out of the Big 12, is what you live for Samantha C. Keep dreaming silly boomer. wvu may very well get relegated to a mid major conference, but Marshall will stay at the basement level it is now. You don't like this? Then Marshall football is not for you silly boomer. You keep telling fans, "Marshall Football is not for you." NO! Marshall football is not for YOU!

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Well congrats to you. I understand the model you, and our two directional Floridas as well, use. Student fees. We don't have that luxury. Neither did UConn.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT