ADVERTISEMENT

Looks Like Rich Rod Is Available

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Matt Luke fired this evening at Ole Miss.

On a side note, Matt Luke was fired while on a recruiting visit. Ouch

Matt Luke always looks like perhaps he mentally retarded. Not saying he is, but he just has the retarded look. Rich Rod is 10X the coach Doc is. I think everybody knows Rich Rod would get things turned around here really quickly.
Screen-Shot-2017-08-15-at-1.30.50-PM-622x411.png

Kiffin is also on the move today - Supposedly Arkansas is talking to him

South Florida fired Charlie Strong after 3 years.

Schiano back at Rutgers

Missouri job is open as well as FSU

Last edited:
Already enough talk about rich. Please stop.
if it helps Rich and Doc hate each other. Doc wanted the job at WVU when Rich was hired. The word is Doc was trashing Rich and WVU on the recruiting trail to the point WVU sent Doc a letter to stop.

RR is a classic mid major gimmick coach who could not hack it when he moved up to the true major level. Failed at both Michigan and Arizona.

A mid major could do worse. Although the same people that hate Doc for his degree would melt completely down over RR. I can see him in any G5 league and doing well.

Sorry to see Chris Petersen stepping down from UW. Perhaps a year away from the sidelines will be beneficial.

Apparently Willie Taggart can drop back down a level to USF and be paid minimum wage. FSU owes him $18M in buyout money but gets a credit for any money he makes elsewhere, so USF (which played to a claimed average of 30000 empty seats, truth was maybe 50000) can hire him for nominal $$. USF is bleeding $$ in the AAC.

RR is a classic mid major gimmick coach who could not hack it when he moved up to the true major level. Failed at both Michigan and Arizona.

A mid major could do worse. Although the same people that hate Doc for his degree would melt completely down over RR. I can see him in any G5 league and doing well.

I could see him doing well here, has a name in the recruiting circles, runs an exciting offense. A WV native who started at Glenville.

Reactions: herd2believe
You know what I find odd. The same people that have slammed Doc for recruiting "character issue" players are now clamoring for Rich Rodriguez to be our HC.

Really is confusing. We want our players to be outstanding citizens and representatives of our university just not the guy setting the example.

RR would be a good choice, for the right G5 program. That is not MU, first because we are not looking for a coach, and second because it just is not reality.

1 - If you think the reaction from the part of this fan base that hates Doc because of his WVU ties is bad, the reaction to RR would be 10000 times worse.

2 - If you think the reaction from the petty jealous WVU fan base to MU hiring Doc was bad, their reaction to RR would be 1000000 time worse.

3 - It is not happening.

4- Ole Miss plays in the SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE. You do not get a job in the greatest conference by failing at lesser conferences like the Big 10 and Pac 12.

The lesson of RR, for this fan base, or at least the negative part of it, is the story of RR and Lloyd Carr. The delusional Michigan fan base ran off a great coach who had been 10-3, 10-3, 9-3, 7-5, 11-2, and 9-4 in the previous six years, had won a National Championship and had held even with Ohio State. For RR, 3-9, 5-7, 7-6. Enter “Michigan Man” Brady Hoke. One good year with RR’s recruits, 11-2, then 8-5, 7-6, 5-7 fired. Enter another “Michigan Man”, Jim “Ohio State owns me” Harbaugh. 10-3 lost to OSU, 10-3 lost to OSU, 8-5 lost to OSU, 10-3 lost to OSU, 9-3 (will be 9-4) lost to OSU.

The lesson? The same you have with so many other such programs, like Nebraska and Osborne, Notre Dame and Holtz, Texas and Brown, Florida State and Fisher, and so many others. Including, at the lower level, WVU and Bill Stewart. The delusional childish poisonous segment of a fan base that spews idiocy like “9-3 is not acceptable” are program killers, and should be ignored.

The lesson? The same you have with so many other such programs, like Nebraska and Osborne, Notre Dame and Holtz, Texas and Brown, Florida State and Fisher, and so many others. Including, at the lower level, WVU and Bill Stewart. The delusional childish poisonous segment of a fan base that spews idiocy like “9-3 is not acceptable” are program killers, and should be ignored.

Some of those programs you named however, really have standards of "9-3 is not acceptable."

Is it delusional to say that? For MU, yes. MU can't afford what comes with said expectations, but for Nebraska or an elite program? No, not really.
But their realities become the same as ours.
Its a roll of the dice.
I was thinking back to when LSU fired Les Miles, despite his record. For them, less than 9 wins really isn't acceptable.
Same for Nebraska. Same for Auburn. Same for Texas A&M.

But it has worked out for LSU since with National Treasure #2 Ed O.
Nebraska and A&M? Not so much.
Nebraska is hoping they can prove themselves right by firing Bo Pelini, however, its not been going well.
They haven't even been competitive lately.
While Jimbo's in year 2, he's getting $7.5 million a season, and has them at 7-5 (fitting for his salary, lol). His wins this season are not anything to brag about either.
If 2020 is a dud, his seat will be pretty warm.
Auburn is a little weird...because it really does seem to stem entirely on beating Bama.
This is an Auburn program that fired Gene Chizik 2 years after winning a National Title. Yes, he had 2 bad seasons after, however, he was 1-3 against Saban.
Gus hasn't been able to get Auburn back to 2013 or 2017 since he took over, and by Auburn standards he flirts with being fired or being retained...winning roughly 9 games a season he should be fired but he isn't, since he is 3-4 against Saban.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT