ADVERTISEMENT

Malaria vaccine

Raoul Duke MU

Doctor of Journalism
It'S aLl AbOuT cOnTrOlL....

(CNN)In what it called a "historic" move, the World Health Organization said Wednesday it has recommended widespread use of the world's first and only malaria vaccine among children in sub-Saharan Africa and other regions where there are moderate to high levels of malaria transmission.

The recommendation was based on results from an ongoing pilot program of vaccinations in child health clinics across Ghana, Kenya and Malawi, according to WHO.

The program, launched in 2019, demonstrated that the RTS,S/AS01 vaccine is safe, cost-effective, feasible to deliver and significantly reduced deadly severe malaria by about 30%, WHO said in a news release.
"This is a historic moment. The long-awaited malaria vaccine for children is a breakthrough for science, child health and malaria control," WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said in the news release. "Using this vaccine on top of existing tools to prevent malaria could save tens of thousands of young lives each year."

Malaria is among the primary causes of childhood illness and death in sub-Saharan Africa, and more than 260,000 African children under the age of five die from malaria annually, according to WHO.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/06/health/malaria-vaccine-who-intl/index.html

So 39% effective and the benefit of the shot fades with time. Funded by Bill Gates. Looks like they would have taken the money spent on research and just stocked the villages with proven treatments.

Comparing the fake bird flu to malaria is the kicker.

Look at that piece of gravel/2 ton boulder in the road that I can't drive around. That's what people will be stopping their cars on the shoulder to say in years to come.

I'm getting roped in on shit too. Every piece of dust is a colossal comet coming to kill us all. Wonder what the hell's taking it so long.

the money spent on research
Who says research is done? Another vaccine is in the pipeline, perhaps 77% effective.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3830681

From what I have read, 30% for severe malaria is huge. That's not garden-variety malaria.

Vaccines are important to fight drug resistance. I do know that is an issue with malaria.

And the really big news here: this is the first vaccine for a parasite. This is cutting edge stuff.

Maybe the Chinese and Fauci could team up and mutate the mosquitoes so their bite gives you a high instead of illness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT