ADVERTISEMENT

Marco Polo

I finished it on Sunday. While wildly historically inaccurate, it is really entertaining. It has caught a lot of flak from critics because it isn't Game of Thrones-y enough. Those are two completely different things, fantasy and period drama. I really enjoyed it and hope they do a second season, though I worry about how it has performed. The show had a budget of 90 million, (9 mil per episode) and it really shows. The sets are incredible. I hope they get the same kind of money the second go round.
Also, the guy playing Kublai Khan is awesome.

Watched the first episode yesterday. I wasn't blown away but it was pretty good. I'll watch the rest of them.

Almost every review I've read says it doesn't get good till about episode 4. I'm on 8 and I agree. It takes a while for some of the characters to develop.

I'll have to check it out. I've also heard really good things about "Mozart in the Jungle" on Amazon Prime. I'll probably check that out first.

I've also watched the first few episodes of Millennium, from X-Files creator Chris Cooper. So far, so good.

I also need to get back into the Wire. Haven't watched any of that in about a month. I'd been watching it solo, while my lady was on a 7pm-7am schedule. She's been on days this month (and probably next month too), so I'll likely be sticking to stuff we both enjoy for now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT