ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Marshall - EKU...

They have problems stopping and FCS offense so yeah. If you can’t see that you’re blind

Really? Held EKU to 200 Yard’s and 3 takeaways there Stevie Wonder. They’ve been out in shit positions all night and had to adjust to a new QB they’ve never seen before.

Bad game all around, hard to find the positives in this one, if EKU scores here it is a 1 score game. Wow.

What was up with the 300 screen passes in the first half...

They single covered Brady all night with no help over top and we threw screen passes ... come on Cramsey quit being like bill legg, but I liked the motion run package.. and use Anderson on 3rd and 1 WTF

Special teams were horrific and our OL and DL got manhandled most of the night.

Levi was hobbling, should have taken him out.

We need to go over the top more often. The weapons are there and green has the arm. Overall poor coaching in the 4th quarter should have put up 2 more scores on those guys easily.

Really? Held EKU to 200 Yard’s and 3 takeaways there Stevie Wonder. They’ve been out in shit positions all night and had to adjust to a new QB they’ve never seen before.
Honestly you’re a jackass and have no clue about football. Don’t call me Stevie wonder ever again. That was a poorly played game by our team against an inferior opponent. We looked like shit in front of our home crowd. I hope we improve, and learn from our mistakes, but anyone else on our schedule we lose they we played tonight

Honestly you’re a jackass and have no clue about football. Don’t call me Stevie wonder ever again. That was a poorly played game by our team against an inferior opponent. We looked like shit in front of our home crowd. I hope we improve, and learn from our mistakes, but anyone else on our schedule we lose they we played tonight

I won’t disagree that we looked like shit on offense and special teams and we need to improve or we could finish 2-10. But I’m not going to say the defense played the worst of the three. If you can’t see that there’s no hope for you until you can watch the game in Braille, Stevie.

Our D was so bad that we gave up a total of 187 yards for the game. EKU had 48 yards passing and averaged a whopping 3.1 yds per rush and 2.9 yds per play.

I have no idea what game he was watching, (if he was able to see it at all I’m not certain either)

Reactions: pdbailey
Don't think I have ever witnessed so many special teams miscues, pretty much said "here is the ball back, I dare you to beat us". Offense lost their rhythm after first quarter but the defense was on the field most of thr game, yet yielded less than 200 yards on top of constantly being put in bad spots. Hats off to the defense, they won this game. EKU gave WKU and UK all they wanted last year, I now see why. Only God knows what was up with special teams......

Besides ST, running game has been the biggest disappointment to me.

Honestly I'm more worried about the running game. Most of the special team stuff Is easily correctable , plus were traditionally good on special teams so I'll give them one head scratcher.

But the running game is just a contribution of D problems we have had on the Ground going back to last year. Only at against lesser competition. There's no excuse at this point.

Reactions: marshallisqbu
Offensive line didnt hold their lanes or hold contain all night, back to the drawing board for Adkins.

Likely, unless last weeks team shows back up and a little more improved at that. Sure have to wonder if most of the team wasn't looking ahead today.

Poorly played? Absolutely. Holding any team to 187 yards, I'll take that. They started running backs that transferred from the Big 10 (IL) and ACC (UofL). We held them to 48 yards passing.

Special teams sucked or we might have dropped 50 on them.

I'm just waiting on the Supa-Fans to come busting in here to complain about Marshall fans complaining about a Marshall win.

@Chris McLaughlin you were calling people out last weekend for it, now you need to do it again tonight.

How dare you Marshall fans! We gosh darn won a game and you fans are complaining?! We have a new offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator and a freshman QB.

Poorly played? Absolutely. Holding any team to 187 yards, I'll take that. They started running backs that transferred from the Big 10 (IL) and ACC (UofL). We held them to 48 yards passing.

Maybe he can give us some opinions on intramural badminton on campus, I don’t think he’s qualified to do so for football

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Damn, conference looks like crap today. WKU loses to Maine, UAB loses to CCU, USM loses to ULM, MT had a tough time with UTM, don't let the score fool you. FAU did beat Air Force and UNT looks consistent. Still not sold on FAU and I guess at least we didn't lose today lol

Reactions: marshallisqbu
Special teams were horrific and our OL and DL got manhandled most of the night.

Levi was hobbling, should have taken him out.
Our DL dominated their OL all night, but I agree that our OL struggled tonight.

I'm just waiting on the Supa-Fans to come busting in here to complain about Marshall fans complaining about a Marshall win.

@Chris McLaughlin you were calling people out last weekend for it, now you need to do it again tonight.

How dare you Marshall fans! We gosh darn won a game and you fans are complaining?! We have a new offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator and a freshman QB.
Last week and this week are two completely different things. We looked terrible tonight and deserve the criticism.

Don't think I have ever witnessed so many special teams miscues, pretty much said "here is the ball back, I dare you to beat us". Offense lost their rhythm after first quarter but the defense was on the field most of thr game, yet yielded less than 200 yards on top of constantly being put in bad spots. Hats off to the defense, they won this game. EKU gave WKU and UK all they wanted last year, I now see why. Only God knows what was up with special teams......
I'm not sure we had that many special teams miscues in the previous 5 years. We typically have excellent special teams units so hopefully they just had a bad night.

Reactions: beefcake0520

It’s easy to hold an inferior opponent to a low amount of yardage when they are getting the ball inside our 40 yard line multiple times. They can have a lower amount of total yards when they dont have far to go obviously. Our special teams should have never put us in that situation. 1 time it happens, but 3 times that’s a problem. And you talk about who they have as transferred players like we don’t have any ourself. Obi had a good game on O. Brady is a monster. But playing EKU it should never be close. Field position dictated their total yards. Like I said we have that many miscues against an FBS team we lose.

Maybe he can give us some opinions on intramural badminton on campus, I don’t think he’s qualified to do so for football
Badminton huh? Seriously screw you. I without a doubt know more about this game then you ever will and am younger than you. Im sorry I watch more into the game then reading a stat line. We played bad on all 3 aspects of the game. The D was our best part, but it wasn’t like they were great

It’s easy to hold an inferior opponent to a low amount of yardage when they are getting the ball inside our 40 yard line multiple times. They can have a lower amount of total yards when they dont have far to go obviously. Our special teams should have never put us in that situation. 1 time it happens, but 3 times that’s a problem. And you talk about who they have as transferred players like we don’t have any ourself. Obi had a good game on O. Brady is a monster. But playing EKU it should never be close. Field position dictated their total yards. Like I said we have that many miscues against an FBS team we lose.

1. Correct their low yards may be from field position, but where were the points? That's all that matters. And dude, 48 yards passing. That's not just field position.

2. I said special teams sucked balls.

3. Our transfers are irrelevant to my claim. This was a FCS team with multiple P5 transfers. Legit ballers. That's not normal for FCS. EKU is building some shit. Good for them.

4. Take away our special teams fvxk ups and the score isn't close. The score was sorta close. That didn't surprise me or others here.

5. It's not an excuse, but this was a sort of trap game. And the weather sucked balls in the 2nd half.

6. Even with EKU stacking the box I am concerned about our OL. I think Levi was hobbled a while before he came out. Maybe that explains it. But shit, the D was not my concern at all. EKU had some talent and they had field position. You specifically bitched about the D.

7. You want perfection, be a Bama fan I guess. I'll take the win. At least it wasn't Troy coming in and beating our asses.

EKU averaged less than three yards per play.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Last week and this week are two completely different things. We looked terrible tonight and deserve the criticism.

I see a lot this week I saw last week from the middle of the 3rd on. Just sloppy play from everywhere. 2nd straight game we came out looking like it was going to be fun game to just watching rhythm and sync go out the window. Miscues all over the place.

I mean the game's leading rusher was their 3rd string QB.

Reactions: mlblack16.
Still a lot of questions to be answered about this Herd team after two games. After last night's action who knows how good/how bad the Herd is currently. I note that Cincinnati beat Cryami 21-0 Saturday night in something like the 112th game in their long running rivalry. Yes, that Redhawk team that per Doc had all those offensive weapons, great skilled receivers, veteran, smart QB, etc., etc. So what do we really know about Herd after the first 2 games?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT