ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Marshall - EKU...

Badminton huh? Seriously screw you. I without a doubt know more about this game then you ever will and am younger than you. Im sorry I watch more into the game then reading a stat line. We played bad on all 3 aspects of the game. The D was our best part, but it wasn’t like they were great

Yes, badminton anything but football, You’re clueless on it. But funny how you now claim the D was our best part after bashing it.

Reactions: sistersville
I see a lot this week I saw last week from the middle of the 3rd on. Just sloppy play from everywhere. 2nd straight game we came out looking like it was going to be fun game to just watching rhythm and sync go out the window. Miscues all over the place.

I mean the game's leading rusher was their 3rd string QB.
Agree but the context in which the similarities happened are very different.

How so? I'm really just busting your balls about this, but now your excuse has me curious as to what you mean by the "context" being very different?

I think last week fans saw (all things considered) a team do pretty well against what was predicted to be a respectable MAC opponent (jury is still out on that) so Doc's typical piss poor game management skills were somewhat excusable in lieu of the excitement about Green.

Last night, folks took that motivation into the game against a high school team, expecting a high scoring game yet saw much of the same bulls!t from the 2nd half of last week's game.

I felt good after last week's game. After last night, I'm not sure what the hell to expect.

How so? I'm really just busting your balls about this, but now your excuse has me curious as to what you mean by the "context" being very different?

I think last week fans saw (all things considered) a team do pretty well against what was predicted to be a respectable MAC opponent (jury is still out on that) so Doc's typical piss poor game management skills were somewhat excusable in lieu of the excitement about Green.

Last night, folks took that motivation into the game against a high school team, expecting a high scoring game yet saw much of the same bulls!t from the 2nd half of last week's game.

I felt good after last week's game. After last night, I'm not sure what the hell to expect.

Excuse? Come on, man. I'm not making excuses and I'm not a super fan. Please stop with that nonsense.

You laid out exactly why last week's performance and this week's performance were different.

We were on the road against a decent FBS team with a freshman QB and brand new coordinators. We weren't perfect but overall the game was encouraging (in my opinion).

This week, outside of the defense being stingy (which I take with a grain of salt considering the opponent), can only be considered positive because we won. Running game was absolutely shit, special teams were as bad as I've seen in decades and I think Green made some questionable throws that will get us in serious trouble next week on Columbia.

So yeah, we won both games but the context around those wins is/was completely different.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Excuse? Come on, man. I'm not making excuses and I'm not a super fan. Please stop with that nonsense.

You laid out exactly why last week's performance and this week's performance were different.

We were on the road against a decent FBS team with a freshman QB and brand new coordinators. We weren't perfect but overall the game was encouraging (in my opinion).

This week, outside of the defense being stingy (which I take with a grain of salt considering the opponent), can only be considered positive because we won. Running game was absolutely shit, special teams were as bad as I've seen in decades and I think Green made some questionable throws that will get us in serious trouble next week on Columbia.

So yeah, we won both games but the context around those wins is/was completely different.

Someone is edgy this morning, LOL. As I already mentioned, I was busting your balls about the Super Fan thing. However, sh!tty play is sh!tty play. At this point, I don't think they get a pass anymore for last week's 2nd half nonsense. We were exposed by a I-AA team and that's concerning to me.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Someone is edgy this morning, LOL. As I already mentioned, I was busting your balls about the Super Fan thing. However, sh!tty play is sh!tty play. At this point, I don't think they get a pass anymore for last week's 2nd half nonsense. We were exposed by a I-AA team and that's concerning to me.
.........for the stats/historical geeks: When was the last time Marshall had 5 TO’s and won, DOUBLING the score on their opponent?

While true the STs miscues last week and this week are 100% inexcusable no matter the context.

I also don't care if they were loading the box or not. Neither one of our best RBs being able to rush for over 50 yards against and FCS team is pretty sad and embarrassing.

Minus the 1st quarters of both games this team has played extremely and uncharacteristically sloppy football. We've just been lucky that Little Miami and EKU weren't talented enough to make us pay in the end. We play these next two like either of the first two and we will get blown out.

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT