ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall opens as a big underdog.

blevins

Bronze Buffalo
Nov 29, 2001
Huntington, WV
Vegas lines: Marshall -10.5 at WKU and USM -6.5 at La Tech. It has been a long time since we were double digit underdogs.
Correction: As Herdmeister pointed out I should have written +10.5 and +6.5.

Last edited:
Don't have a good feeling about this game. My heart says Marshall will win but if I were to bet I would put my money on WKU to cover. I am guessing final score is 49-24.

Our defense will be the best western has seen this year, so I think we will slow them down from their typical 40-50 point output. However, I think our offense is still lacking. I see this being like a 30-14 game in western's favor.

Our defense will be the best western has seen this year, so I think we will slow them down from their typical 40-50 point output. However, I think our offense is still lacking. I see this being like a 30-14 game in western's favor.
I think our defense is really good. Do you think they are better than LSU? I say no

Reactions: blevins and 30Kelly
ohio - If I can profer a translation for T-cat98's
post : while not on the level of LSU's defense, our defense will be the 2nd best unit that Western has faced. They will be surprised by the scheme we come up with, and we get a couple of picks. We also lay the wood on Doughty, and this changes the timing for those talented receiving corps. This + improving run game by committee + moxy of our frosh QB +
excellent ST= W
.......or something to that effect.....
Go Herd!!

Maybe. Haven't watched lsu this year, but I would guess we're closer than you think.

WKU was slowed down alot, not just because it was an SEC defense but the rain was pretty bad that game.

Not only will there be rain, but it will be goddamn chilly I bet for this one...and Marshall has done well in it before...beat LT in one of the coldest games of the season.

Vegas lines: Marshall -10.5 at WKU and USM -6.5 at La Tech. It has been a long time since we were double digit underdogs.
Actually, just the opposite. We and USM are underdogs NOT favorites. We aren't giving points, we are getting them thus +10.5. The last time were double digit underdogs were 2 years ago at Va Tech.

The 1st quarter is gong to be huge.....I saw where WKU is out-scoring teams like a million to 10 in the 1st. This might actually be one of the few games in which, if we win the toss, we might take the ball.

Against Vandy, LSU, and FAU they were shutout in the 1st quarter......2 close games and a loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT