ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Marshall v UAB

Grant is overthrowing and under throwing. Glad he made that TD pass. Let's have another one please, cause you're killing us.

Reactions: RhinoD
3 rd down again, first down again. Their receivers have that catching thing down.

I agree they seem to be the better team. Still can pull it out though.

One more chance. Offense has been pretty bad but maybe they can put a ODU and tie this up.

receiver was standing still on that interception. UAB deserved the win, better team.

Wells is the biggest problem for our offense. We don’t have a consistent passing game and teams can key on Ali. UAB had no respect for Wells (and after last years game why should they?) and it hurt us all night. Im sticking with my comparison of Jimmy Skinner

Wells is the biggest problem for our offense. We don’t have a consistent passing game and teams can key on Ali. UAB had no respect for Wells (and after last years game why should they?) and it hurt us all night. Im sticking with my comparison of Jimmy Skinner
When you posted his comparison to Skinner the other day I thought you were crazy. Unfortunately I do believe you may be right. Wells is who he is and he is a huge liability late in close games. There is a reason we are recruiting 3 qbs in this class.

Reactions: ilmherdfan
It's really frustrating... Wells has the measurables, arm, etc.

But he doesn't have it between the ears. We might as well have our receiver that is getting the ball raise their hand exiting the huddle because Wells is going to stare them down anyway.

Randy Cross said it best on the late INT... "That throw wasn't close... Maybe he wanted the receiver to come back to him? I don't know... But that's not what made him throw it to the safety."

Been saying that since Game 1. Where are those folks who told me I was wrong?

Reactions: redsfan5590
I was surprised how much bigger UAB was. Played much more physical. Offensive line couldn’t move their dline. Their receivers and backs were huge.

Our second TD was a great play design. Unfortunately That’s the only one of those we ran all night. It took us over a quarter to start calling pass plays suitable for a two deep safeties. Cramsey isn’t the answer. It won’t matter who your QB is.

UAB was just a better team this year. I feel fortunate we didn’t get blown out by 21 or worse.

• Angry
Reactions: W-S HerdFan
They definitely were the better team but, despite the big pass plays, our defense only gave up 21 points after the offense left them on the field way too long.

14 points isn’t going to win games. Offense is a liability against any decent defense. Really disappointed in the run blocking and QB decision making. Playcalling on 3rd down continues to baffle me.

Two passes in the turf. One shouldn't have even been a catch.

Zamora can't get here soon enough.
What makes you think it will be Zamora? Could be Harrison or Pennington. If Cramsey is still here whoever the QB is will still be under him. Huff needs to make some major changes in his staff. Why not play Zban the rest of the way?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT