ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Marshall vs ODU

Although the offense looks better this game, they sill have a long ways to go. Only having 21 point against a team as bad as ODU is sad

I’ve been critical this season but the secondary played well tonight for the most part. Not too many big plays and only a couple of interference penalties. Apparently they had a couple of good receivers and they held them in check.

I liked the run game a lot tonight. Anderson and King are a good duo back there. I am not sure when Davis comes back but we have 3 good backs. If the OL can run block, we may have a chance to keep FAU off the field.

Tall task next week but they played well today - Go Herd!

Take it for what it is. AT looked better. ODU is one of the two worst teams in the league (I know they beat VT). I wish I felt better with AT as QB going into next week, but I don't.

AT did exactly what you want your backup QB to do... He didnt turn it over (outside of a freak defensive play on the 1st possession)... He ran the ball enough to keep the defense honest... And he made a few nice throws in big spots (the TD to Brady and the big 3rd down with 5 mins to go to help put the game away).

He was bad last week. I will say average this week. Hopefully he stays on an upward trajectory next week.

I’ve been critical this season but the secondary played well tonight for the most part. Not too many big plays and only a couple of interference penalties. Apparently they had a couple of good receivers and they held them in check.

I liked the run game a lot tonight. Anderson and King are a good duo back there. I am not sure when Davis comes back but we have 3 good backs. If the OL can run block, we may have a chance to keep FAU off the field.

Tall task next week but they played well today - Go Herd!
Anything could happen against FAU. Keep in mind, ODU was only down 1 possession in the 4th Qtr. against FAU last week before they scored a couple of TDs to pull away like we did.

Reactions: beefcake0520
59.4 qb rating. 1:1 TD to interception ratio. Thank God for the running game tonight.

59.4 qb rating. 1:1 TD to interception ratio. Thank God for the running game tonight.
A 59.4 QBR rating is good enough for top-4 in CUSA and is middle of the pack nationally for FBS. Hell, the great Brent Stockstill's Raw QBR on the season is 62.0 and his yards per completion is similar to that of Thomson. As a note, Green's QBR is 34.8 on the season with his last two games not being good outside of orchestrating the winning drive against WKU. Now, I'm not saying that Thomson should be the starter, but he played much better than last week and played a solid game overall. Green and Thomson have put up similar numbers in QBR and Passer Rating with the only difference being that Green throws downfield more. We could win with either guy at QB this season so it really is a toss up based on what we see on the field.

A 59.4 QBR rating is good enough for top-4 in CUSA and is middle of the pack nationally for FBS. Hell, the great Brent Stockstill's Raw QBR on the season is 62.0 and his yards per completion is similar to that of Thomson. As a note, Green's QBR is 34.8 on the season with his last two games not being good outside of orchestrating the winning drive against WKU. Now, I'm not saying that Thomson should be the starter, but he played much better than last week and played a solid game overall. Green and Thomson have put up similar numbers in QBR and Passer Rating with the only difference being that Green throws downfield more. We could win with either guy at QB this season so it really is a toss up based on what we see on the field.
It’s also the worst QBR that any QB has had against ODU this year.

Anything could happen against FAU. Keep in mind, ODU was only down 1 possession in the 4th Qtr. against FAU last week before they scored a couple of TDs to pull away like we did.

Keep in mind, pd, that FAU had their off week this week so who the heck knows what kind of whacky, trick plays the Lane Train will pull out of his wazoo next Saturday at the Cam?

He probably won’t have to if the game is played on an 88 ft basketball court. Should be about right for attendance though.

ADVERTISEMENT