ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Marshall vs Rice

To watch the game online in this thread, make sure you have your ad blocker turned off and are not browsing in private mode.

Is the main scoreboard above the press box? And it's an old school one with the individual bulbs lighting up to create numbers?

To watch the game online in this thread, make sure you have your ad blocker turned off and are not browsing in private mode.
Watching on fire tv Facebook app. Blurry off and on. I have 400mb down and 40mb up. Would be better on a tv like Mac games.

I know this is common knowledge, but our secondary is putrid. If you are going to give a 10 yard cushion and let them catch a 7 yard ball, you need to at least make the tackle.

Reactions: mlblack16.
Offense better figure out how to finish a drive. Looks like Rice found a QB - of course most look good against our secondary.

Reactions: Dre621
Lol at this point if you lose to the worst team in the history of college athletics it’s worth asking whether the program should even exist.

but if they do decide to continue the program it’s pretty obvious the entire roster from coaching to players needs to be entirely purged.

I’m sorry folks but losing to the literal worst team to ever exist says a lot about the caliber of kids and coaches involved here

Lol at this point if you lose to the worst team in the history of college athletics it’s worth asking whether the program should even exist.

but if they do decide to continue the program it’s pretty obvious the entire roster from coaching to players needs to be entirely purged.

I’m sorry folks but losing to the literal worst team to ever exist says a lot about the caliber of kids and coaches involved here

This take is so hot that I need oven mitts just to handle it.

Watching on fire tv Facebook app. Blurry off and on. I have 400mb down and 40mb up. Would be better on a tv like Mac games.
My picture is clear using a computer with HDMI out. Im guessing the blurriness you see is going to be due to not enough bandwidth getting to your fire stick or the firestick itself is struggling to keep up with the stream.

We are playing at a time of day on Saturday which internet traffic is probably high. Those quoted speeds are always peak.

Do you have the Fire Stick connected via Ethernet cable or using WiFi? I made sure to run an Ethernet cable to my Fire HD Stick to avoid the fluctuations in WiFi speeds from my router.

Rice isn’t good but they’re not the prototypical 0-8 team that’s packed it in already. They made a couple of plays on their TD drive. I know it’s a cop out because you are what you are, and they are 0-8, but their defense has kept them in games this year.

We left points on the field in the first quarter. Played pretty well in the second.

Don't we play prevent defense all the time? 10 yard cushion, then tackle after the catch.

Good thing their QB was hurt. We are in our typical play not to lose offensive scheme.

Hope so, but we never make halftime adjustments and our opponents do, so...
Your were right. I thought with Rice being so bad and us seeming to have momentum, we would do something in the second half. Guess I should have known better.

@mlblack16. has an attitude problem. I blame it all on the cheap girlie beer he drinks.

Me, I'm all bowed up on Michigan brewed double IPAs and I'm good with another Herd win.

I'd say yore exhausted from all the horse back riding you watched today. It's got you all delusional and what not.

Guys I am as critical of Coach as anybody but conference wins in the road are never easy no matter how bad the team is. We got out if Texas with a win. That’s all that matters right now. We still control our own destiny.

I agree.

Some takeaways...

My only issue was with about 4 mins we decided to run the ball. Rice had all 3 timeouts left and didn't use them.
We got maybe 3 yards and the clock somehow didn't run.
Rice went 4 and out.
Got the ball back rather quickly...same damn thing...and Rice got the ball back with time to spare.

Fortunately, MU's defense has been absolutely stout since FAU. So perhaps we were very confident the defense would prevent Rice from doing anything.
It looked to pay off.

Green's passes were much more on target, hit guys in stride, and really maybe had 2 that were dangerous, the little flick pass for no gain and the lofted pass that was broken up for Johnson.
Even his incompletes didn't "look" bad as they had previously.

Knox is once more being the offense and an absolute rumbler.
I also like that our TE's get separation from corners, which is a nightmare for a defense and Green can really heave it to them.

Defense, as I said, a real unit.
Rice isn't a good team, but MU didn't allow them to really get anything going after their only score, it could have been a back and forth scoring game if the defense had decided to let up.
They didn't. They made Rice run their QB probably more than usual, he hardly passed.
MU didn't need to be flashy or dominant. They just needed to be in control, which they were.

I had the game pinned on my phone and I also thought it took forever for the clock to run from 5+ minutes down to 2+ minutes. Something like 20 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT