ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall vs WVU joint game thread

Oh here we go with the “I’m old school marine corps bullshit.” I am telling you what you should ****ing complain about, that’s Elmore’s 6 turnovers, 7 missed layups, 12 rebounds in the hole, and 30%FGP. Not the refs you dumbfvck

His profile allows viewing of his last 14 posts going back to football season. Of his last 13 posts, 6 of them were about how Marshall was getting screwed by officiating:

"as usual getting jobbed be the officials... 0 penalties on nc st through 3 qtrs.. some bullshit going on!"

"CUSA refs trying to impress to move up themselves? They clearly aren't the cream of the crop anyway!"

"1 - local fan apathy
2 - mediocre teams
3 - officiating is awful
4 - game day atmosphere (Cheerleaders attempting "we are.." cheer while we are on offense"

"figures officiating stinks!"

"f u.. wpu getting all the calls and allowed to play like the thugs they are.. game was over before it even started in refs eyes"

"naismith would roll over in his grave seeing what a debacle they have made out of the game he designed! bottom line refs changed the game when marshall was up with no calls that halted Marshall’s run... wpu wouldn’t have a starter on the floor if they called all the fouls first half.. but i imagine it will be more of the same and wpu crying when a foul is finally called. i’d cold cock a ref at this point, as soon as his damn whistle doesn’t blow i’d pound it down his throat! marine i got out of he service when hey started the don’t ask don’t tell.. u must have joined fothe that reason?!? don’t f’ing tell me what i shouldn’t complain about."

What the **** did you just ****ing say about me, you little *****? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ****er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ****ing dead, kiddo.
So what movie is that from?

What the **** did you just ****ing say about me, you little *****? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ****er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ****ing dead, kiddo.

Wow someone needs to chill out. Who is the moron threatening people? With that attitude you were probably kicked out of the Marines for being a psycho .get a grip.

His profile allows viewing of his last 14 posts going back to football season. Of his last 13 posts, 6 of them were about how Marshall was getting screwed by officiating:

"as usual getting jobbed be the officials... 0 penalties on nc st through 3 qtrs.. some bullshit going on!"

"CUSA refs trying to impress to move up themselves? They clearly aren't the cream of the crop anyway!"

"1 - local fan apathy
2 - mediocre teams
3 - officiating is awful
4 - game day atmosphere (Cheerleaders attempting "we are.." cheer while we are on offense"

"f u.. wpu getting all the calls and allowed to play like the thugs they are.. game was over before it even started in refs eyes"

"naismith would roll over in his grave seeing what a debacle they have made out of the game he designed! bottom line refs changed the game when marshall was up with no calls that halted Marshall’s run... wpu wouldn’t have a starter on the floor if they called all the fouls first half.. but i imagine it will be more of the same and wpu crying when a foul is finally called. i’d cold cock a ref at this point, as soon as his damn whistle doesn’t blow i’d pound it down his throat! marine i got out of he service when hey started the don’t ask don’t tell.. u must have joined fothe that reason?!? don’t f’ing tell me what i shouldn’t complain about."

Straight up that dude is going to kill someone.

Thank God for Va and the late start. This game will not make a sound in the forest.

"1 - local fan apathy
2 - mediocre teams
3 - officiating is awful

I am sure glad this is a closed forum and only Herd Nation users can see thi....wait, what? It’s public?
Great game WVU. You guys won it fair & square. Now take down ‘Nova and make final 4. Always, always proud of my school, just very embarrassed by this thread....

Well played.

Rifle blaming the refs? This game was very one sided. Huggins left the man to man press to a zone press and Marshall played side to side instead of north and south. Lose with class. Especially when you get blown out. Herd had a great season just one really bad night

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
WVU was too long, too strong and too deep for Marshall. Physically, they imposed their will and frankly shot the ball better than I thought they would.

I'd rather lose a game like this than get beat on a last second shot at the buzzer. It was a great season and there's no reason not to think Marshall can continue to improve and become a very good mid-major team. But Dan is gonna have to elevate his recruiting to compete successfully against the really good P5 teams.

Refs called it pretty fair I thought. WVU with 22 fouls. Marshall with 16. They let both teams play. O. Elmore had 4 of those fouls in the first minute he was in the game...It was almost like he was sent in just to slap someone.

Nice... What is your last name and BUDS class number? Maybe I know some guys you know? The lyrics seem similar...LOL

Reactions: johns1124
Dude became a legend in about 4 minutes, his stat sheet was awesome
How do you still have a gut like him at the end of the basketball season? Someone said he looked like a 45 year old accountant who sits behind a desk all day.

How do you still have a gut like him at the end of the basketball season? Someone said he looked like a 45 year old accountant who sits behind a desk all day.

I said the same thing last night. Unless you’re a dad, you shouldn’t be rocking the dad bod at that age.

Refs called it pretty fair I thought. WVU with 22 fouls. Marshall with 16. They let both teams play. O. Elmore had 4 of those fouls in the first minute he was in the game...It was almost like he was sent in just to slap someone.

Officiating was pretty consistent, but they definitely let them play more than other crews. I didn't think it was lopsided per se, and I don't even think with a tightly called game MU wins it, but the style that they let go on was definitely in our (WVU) favor.

Like YAGS said, on that Elmore vs. Konate drive sequence I didn't think Konate got him...but that was an abysmal phantom call on the rebound in behind the play.

Carter has great hands, but he gets away with a lot of slaps that other people would get called for and Konate gets away with some body bumps...largely because of their reputation and skill. This is not unique to WVU or any sport though - good players with reputations for whatever skill get away with a lot; ask Jordan or Kobe about how many touch fouls against them they get called and get the benefit of the doubt on.

How WVU was a 5 and not higher is beyond me.

IMO committee wanted insurance in the event WSU didn't advance for ratings. WVU vs Marshall was a good fall back storyline in the event a much more appealing TV matchup of two teams that mirror each other's personalities didn't pan out. Of course WVU could have also lost round 1 but you cant protect yourself everywhere.

We had a case for a 3, 4, or 5. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, we had some good wins and also some horrible losses, RPI was meh, but Kenpom had us much higher which the committee supposedly looks at now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT