ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall WVU Baseball Game in Charleston

MU PIKE

Silver Buffalo
Mar 14, 2007
Not much of a baseball fan but the game yesterday was entertaining. Huge crowd, 5000 people with probably 60/40 WVU to Herd fans And everyone was wearing their colors. The team seems close to turning the corner and competing on a regular basis. Hope the new stadium encourages crowds like last. night to show up and support the Herd.

My suggestion would be PLEASE have enough concession stands and workers. It was a shit show on the concourse with every line 45 minutes to an hour wait. Main issues seemed to be lack of workers and no Cash Accepted. Terminal issues were plaguing the checkout. Missed 3 innings grabbing beer and hamburgers.

This game should always be played. Heck I’d say 3 a year even. One in Huntington, one in Charleston or Beckley and one in Morgan hole

The cashless policy is, I believe, a very recent decision so most of the workers may not have been experienced with the process. I could be wrong about all of this. Lack of workers is epidemic around WV as too many people didn’t want to work before the sickness hit.
Also, if you really missed three innings to buy a beer and hamburger then I’m not sure you really cared much about the game.
😉😃

The cashless policy is, I believe, a very recent decision so most of the workers may not have been experienced with the process. I could be wrong about all of this. Lack of workers is epidemic around WV as too many people didn’t want to work before the sickness hit.
Also, if you really missed three innings to buy a beer and hamburger then I’m not sure you really cared much about the game.
😉😃
No doubt. I give up on a decent poop after sitting on the bowl for five minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I have been told that the de facto manager of the ballpark, who is the lover of previous Charleston mayor Danny Jones, Rod "Toastman" Blackstone, treats the workers like garbage, making it a job for people who simply cannot find any other work. He also is a 100% anti-Marshall type and has done petty things to MU over the years, like not having the locker room open when we get there, short staffing the concessions, not having a grounds crew there, having cops hassle our bus drivers, etc.

However, we get 100% of the gate from this deal (we play twice a year, played up in the 100% WV taxpayer funded ballpark in the 'hole a couple of weeks back). So if the crowd was 60% Spamies, then thanks for ally that nice money.

I have been told that the de facto manager of the ballpark, who is the lover of previous Charleston mayor Danny Jones, Rod "Toastman" Blackstone, treats the workers like garbage, making it a job for people who simply cannot find any other work. He also is a 100% anti-Marshall type and has done petty things to MU over the years, like not having the locker room open when we get there, short staffing the concessions, not having a grounds crew there, having cops hassle our bus drivers, etc.

However, we get 100% of the gate from this deal (we play twice a year, played up in the 100% WV taxpayer funded ballpark in the 'hole a couple of weeks back). So if the crowd was 60% Spamies, then thanks for ally that nice money.

Wow, so you are for an MU/wvu series of sorts?

Wow, so you are for an MU/wvu series of sorts?
As stated many times, certainly in baseball, men's soccer (where we are in the same conference) and any other sports where we are on the same level. Just not football (the $$ math doesn't work) or men's basketball (USPAM is at a different level).

As to baseball, I'm down with the current deal (one in the 'hole, one in, presumably, Huntington IF they ever actually build a ball park) or add one in Charleston and split the gate.

As stated many times, certainly in baseball, men's soccer (where we are in the same conference) and any other sports where we are on the same level. Just not football (the $$ math doesn't work) or men's basketball (USPAM is at a different level).

As to baseball, I'm down with the current deal (one in the 'hole, one in, presumably, Huntington IF they ever actually build a ball park) or add one in Charleston and split the gate.
Wvu wishes they were on our level in football right now. NOW is the time we SHOULD be playing them. Not when they have Pat white and Steve Slaton.

Reactions: 19MU88
Correct, I hate baseball but support the Herd. Baseball is boring, lacrosse is more to my liking. Also didn’t buy a Bud Light. .

Wvu wishes they were on our level in football right now. NOW is the time we SHOULD be playing them. Not when they have Pat white and Steve Slaton.
This comment is why they will never play the series. You are one of the 10% of fans that are just stupid, and keep good things from happening between the schools.

I for one am in favor of playing in basketball and football (more so in basketball for logistics) but regardless, these comments and mindsets are why the game will probably never get played again.

Reactions: Beeb
This comment is why they will never play the series. You are one of the 10% of fans that are just stupid, and keep good things from happening between the schools.
No. The reason (in basketball) is people like you. People who accept mediocrity. WVU and MU were on the same (low) level in basketball for decades, with MU slightly ahead (tallest midget type discussion). The series made sense, because both teams generally had a chance.

People like you accepted mediocrity. MU stood pat. WVU invested (and yes, most of the investment was WV taxpayer money, but what are you going to do) and slowly build their program into what it is today. A solid "second 40" program. Not a "blue blood" nor even a once and awhile contender, but solidly in the "second 40". Ask a knowledgeable sports fan to name off 100 best college programs, and somewhere between 40 and 80 WVU should show up. MU stood pat.

You accept mediocrity.

Reactions: Elkview
No. The reason (in basketball) is people like you. People who accept mediocrity. WVU and MU were on the same (low) level in basketball for decades, with MU slightly ahead (tallest midget type discussion). The series made sense, because both teams generally had a chance.

People like you accepted mediocrity. MU stood pat. WVU invested (and yes, most of the investment was WV taxpayer money, but what are you going to do) and slowly build their program into what it is today. A solid "second 40" program. Not a "blue blood" nor even a once and awhile contender, but solidly in the "second 40". Ask a knowledgeable sports fan to name off 100 best college programs, and somewhere between 40 and 80 WVU should show up. MU stood pat.

You accept mediocrity.
You know whats amazing- you say everyone accepts mediocrity, yet your only solution is to fire everyone. You don't give any thought to who should be hired. You will only use generics like "someone that would do such and such".

You truly are a token fan

You know whats amazing- you say everyone accepts mediocrity,
No, I said YOU accept mediocrity.
yet your only solution is to fire everyone.
If everyone means everyone associated with DD and his mediocre basketball program, yep. When people are not getting the job done, you replace them.
You don't give any thought to who should be hired. You will only use generics like "someone that would do such and such".
What do you want, a list of names? If you read this board, you will find plenty. And "such and such" shows how little you know about basketball. Such and such is things like work the job full time, recruit D1 level players, stop with the 3 fests. Yes, to we who understand basketball, it is a discussion. To trolls like yourself, its just "such and such". Such is your intellectual ability.
You truly are a token fan
Do you know what "token" means?

We beat Notre Dame last season. As bad as wvu was last year they still managed to squeak out a win over Oklahoma. I don't think that has ever happened before where both the major college football teams in this State each beat a blue blood program in the same season. I would have loved to have played wvu last year. I don't know who would have won as both teams were very erratic from week to week.

Last edited:
What do you want, a list of names? If you read this board, you will find plenty. And "such and such" shows how little you know about basketball. Such and such is things like work the job full time, recruit D1 level players, stop with the 3 fests. Yes, to we who understand basketball, it is a discussion. To trolls like yourself, its just "such and such". Such is your intellectual ability.
No, I don't want to know who the board says. I want to know who YOU say we should be hiring. Pick 3. You can't just say fire everyone and have no list of people that we would/should hire. I'll wait....

Do you know what "token" means?
Yes, it means giving very little effort. In your case, you just spout off bullshit, which no substance to back it up, and then claim I am a troll because I call you out. Answer the question I posed so you can redeem your token effort.

First call:

After that, any of a plethora of quality assistants at larger programs, who came up the ladder of college sports, not some SS recipient who retired from an uninspired HS career in Myrtle Beach and then rode around with his journeyman NBA coach brother for a few years.

First call:

After that, any of a plethora of quality assistants at larger programs, who came up the ladder of college sports, not some SS recipient who retired from an uninspired HS career in Myrtle Beach and then rode around with his journeyman NBA coach brother for a few years.
So your first choice after firing our entire staff is to hire someone who has been out of work for 3 years because of abuse of players. Got it

This will end my conversation with you. You truly are stupid as ****, and everyone on this entire board knows it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT