ADVERTISEMENT

MARSHALL---wvu basketball

CarolinaHerdZilla22

Bronze Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2015
Charlotte
I will attempt to be careful what I say because Dan has requested I not post on Herd Nation things we discuss. He does not read nor "get caught up in some of the nonsense" that is posted here.

West Virginia is a poor state. Both major universities can use the revenue generated from playing the annual basketball game in Charleston. Same goes for the city of Charleston. The folks of WV needs the excitement the game generates...if for only a few days or hours the contest is played. High School basketball players (ie Marshall's Elmore) get excited and hope to be recruited to play at one of the schools. Dan wants more WV guys to play for The Herd and his recruiting of WV players proves this. Appears this is not the case in Morgantown.

The Charleston Civic Center seats about 12,337 for basketball. This years contest, played on a December Thursday evening sold 11,784 tickets...shy of 553 tickets for a sell out. On a THURSDAY night! No legislature in session because of Christmas break. This is the reason the game is played in Charleston in the first place. WVU hosted James Madison in an earlier game at the CCC with ticket sales around 8,101.

I saw on the local Charlotte news this week that West Virginia leads the Nation in prescribed chemical drug deaths. Not a good thing to be proud of...or happy about. On a personal note, I hope all the doctors "getting West Virginians hooked on pain medication" are found guilty and spend prison time.

Again, folks in West Virginia need positive news and sporting functions, played by both universities, to ease their unhappy minds for a while, as reported in another national survey showing West Virginia is one of the worst states to live & work in. I support sports is good medicine for folks that enjoy this type entertainment.

Dan's comments had little to cause the contract to be cancelled. His comments were blown out of context after last year's game. For those that know or have known Dan for as long as I have.....He is a jokester and finds pleasure in kidding people. His heart for the state of WV is enormous. If not, he would not be coaching Marshall....his dream job.

I do not know Coach Huggins. I have only watched him coach on television. His persona is grim...he always appears to be angry. I recall he was a "fighter" when he was a college basketball player at WVU. I recently witnessed a basketball game at Hinkle Fieldhouse (Indianapolis) between Butler-Providence, two Big East teams. A lady (graduate of Michigan State---her son graduated from Butler) from Chicago was seated beside me in the sold out arena. We chatted about different sporting events. When the subject of West Virginia arose...she was well informed about Marshall's sporting history and the fact we are nationally known as a friendly place to visit. She alluded to the comments from Purdue fans & players that were posted after our football game this year. Here's her comments on Coach Huggins...."Watching him on TV is painful for me...he always appears condescending, angry, uses foul language...a successful coach, but I would never want my child play for him." She then proceeded to ask if all the national negative comments are true about "some students" at WVU. I stated the ones I have witnessed in Morgantown to be factual. She asked..."what's all their couch burning about?" I had no answer. She asked..."is it true that females are subjected to foul language & negative insults as reported?" Again, I replied..."this is what I have HERD----I have not witnessed this behavior first hand!"

Point being.....the State of West Virginia needs our two Universities competing in sporting contests. The state of West Virginia needs the money the games generate to pay bills. Neither school sells out for football games.....unless Marshall is playing the Mountaineers. I know this is fact....I see the empty seats in both stadiums when playing other teams.

If Coach Huggins & their AD are responsible for the basketball contract being terminated.....in my opinion....they care little for the families in West Virginia. I can witness for Dan....he is proud of our state and LOVES being the basketball coach at Marshall. You might notice how he has incorporated the State Map Outline on The Herd's clothing. Morgantown & WVU does not own our STATE!

Shame on you "huggy bear".....you have now added more to your resume how you are viewed OUTSIDE West Virginia.

Gary (HERDZILLA22) Sweeney in Charlotte

Reactions: HerditAllBefore
I have gotten to know Danny since practice started in October. He is a great guy and truly loves Marshall and the state of WV. As Zilla mentioned, it is Danny that came up with the new logo we are seeing so much on Herd gear with the state outline with Marshall super imposed over it. In fact, Danny had been wearing that tee-shirt in many games under his sport coat.

First and foremost the game should be played. I have a different perspective because I attended both schools and I am a fan of both schools. I was at Marshall during the Skip Henderson days and loved watching those good teams, and have fond memories. Having said that I have a few comments and observations. They are as follows:

1. I think and hear Bob Huggins is upset Ron Everhart did not get a second interview for the job. I hear he got the impression Ron Ron got a token interview no more no less(this is BS).

2. The RPI issue is a non-starter for WVU. Move on this is BS

3. WVU does have an issue with bringing the most fans and splitting the money 50/50. .

4. Huggs wants out of the game but...

5. ...Dan pulled the old Bob Pruett challenge your manhood after last years game and I understand it pissed a lot of folks off not just Huggs. Dan walked right into a trap. Gave Huggs and WVU the reason to get out. Btw, if Dan was joking then he picked a bad time and place to joke.

6. **Important** Im starting hear and feel like no one really respects the Capital Classic anymore. For example, attendance is down, Huggs making excuses to not play, and Dan challenging WVU's manhood. If everyone really enjoyed the event then Huggs will work at keeping it afloat, fans support it more, and Dan would enjoy the event without trying to create more then then what is already in place (like playing home and home and making it more a rivalry game then what it is).

7. The one group of people that always supported this game but don't seem to care anymore are the fans. Marshall fans have not been selling tickets. WVU has more then Marshall but still not like in the past. I have spoken to a lot of WVU fans that always fought for and supported this game in the past that just don't care anymore.

In closing, I see this as an issue that everyone is a little at fault over and if the game is to continue someone is going to need to step up and bring all sides together. To be honest the biggest loser is the City of Charleston and the Civic Center so maybe one of them can step up and take a leadership role.

I'm gonna try to comment on this as civic and realistic as I can:

The WVU coaches and players do not care about this game. They look at it as more of a chore to have to complete rather than an opportunity for a big game. With games at Madison Square Garden, the PHOG, Kansas City for the B12 Tournament, and multiple others - would you get excited about the Charleston Civic Center? After the earlier game there this year, Huggins even complained about it, so it's not just the Marshall game. It is understandable that Marshall gets excited. WVU is one of a handful of P5 schools on their schedule. Everyone agrees that a win against WVU is usually the biggest if not one of the biggest wins of the Herd year. If West Virginia wins, it's not a self full-filling accomplishment to them. It's no different than the other 8 or 9 regional non-conference games on the schedule. They circle games against Kansas, Oklahoma, Virginia, and even the Virginia Tech game in Blacksburg was an attention getter to them. Nobody associated with WVU cares of Va Tech and any win over the Hokies feels good. The lacklusterness of excitement filters down to the fans. When the fans see the players excited, or the stage set for a national primetime game, they get excited. The Capital Classic, not so much....

West Virginia has gotten a taste of NCAA tournament success over the last decade with a Final Four, Elight Eight, and a couple of Sweet Sixteens. We believe our leaders 100% when they say winning that tournament is the top priority. If they feel that taking Marshall off the schedule will help them with that, for whatever reason, then their fans support them in it.......

This is not meant to bash, disrespect, or anything else you guys want to perceive. This is nothing but 100% truth from the Gold and Blue side.....

Reactions: WVU_SA

The WVU coaches and players do not care about this game. They look at it as more of a chore to have to complete rather than an opportunity for a big game. With games at Madison Square Garden, the PHOG, Kansas City for the B12 Tournament, and multiple others - would you get excited about the Charleston Civic Center? After the earlier game there this year, Huggins even complained about it, so it's not just the Marshall game. It is understandable that Marshall gets excited. WVU is one of a handful of P5 schools on their schedule. Everyone agrees that a win against WVU is usually the biggest if not one of the biggest wins of the Herd year. If West Virginia wins, it's not a self full-filling accomplishment to them. It's no different than the other 8 or 9 regional non-conference games on the schedule. They circle games against Kansas, Oklahoma, Virginia, and even the Virginia Tech game in Blacksburg was an attention getter to them. Nobody associated with WVU cares of Va Tech and any win over the Hokies feels good. The lacklusterness of excitement filters down to the fans. When the fans see the players excited, or the stage set for a national primetime game, they get excited. The Capital Classic, not so much....

West Virginia has gotten a taste of NCAA tournament success over the last decade with a Final Four, Elight Eight, and a couple of Sweet Sixteens. We believe our leaders 100% when they say winning that tournament is the top priority. If they feel that taking Marshall off the schedule will help them with that, for whatever reason, then their fans support them in it.......

This is not meant to bash, disrespect, or anything else you guys want to perceive. This is nothing but 100% truth from the Gold and Blue side.....
Quite frankly, I don't care what blue and gold fans think about anything. If I did, I would go to their message boards and read it.
I come to a Marshall board to read what MARSHALL fans think. I wish that the moderators here would throw the wvu trash out and make this a Marshall board again.

Oh thank god. Now that this series is over, the schools no longer play each other in any sport that matters, and their athletes don't care about Marshall, and their students don't care about Marshall, and their fans don't care about Marshall, and as everyone knows it is not a rivalry, then this should signal the end of my occasionally finding myself shuddering under a mist of spit and chewing tobacco particulate while some toothless hick screams "FOOK MORSHOL" at me.

For a fan base that says over and over they don't want, or care about this game, you sure have a lot of ways of saying it should be played.

In regards to the Charleston Civic Center, no one gets excited to play there because its like playing inside a tomb.

The game is good for the State but doesn't draw the national attention it needs to be considered a big game. Perhaps the process of marketing the game needs to be evaluated for improvement.

this is absolute horseshit...........

we are talking about basketball. a sport in which teams play 30-40 games per season. are you trying to tell me that EVERY game on wVu's schedule is some HUGE f'g deal? so much so that "stepping down a level" to play lowly Marshall for ONE of those games is just a HUGE burden for the players, coaching staff, fans, and beagles waiting out back to be molested?

play the game on campus rotating each year. even you ignorant beagle fvckers know this stopped because you never won a game (and only competed in one) in Huntington...

this is absolute horseshit...........

we are talking about basketball. a sport in which teams play 30-40 games per season. are you trying to tell me that EVERY game on wVu's schedule is some HUGE f'g deal? so much so that "stepping down a level" to play lowly Marshall for ONE of those games is just a HUGE burden for the players, coaching staff, fans, and beagles waiting out back to be molested?

play the game on campus rotating each year. even you ignorant beagle fvckers know this stopped because you never won a game (and only competed in one) in Huntington...
there was a rumor floating around that they stopped rotating the games because a balloon full of pee was thrown at a teams bench during the game.

I will attempt to be careful what I say because Dan has requested I not post on Herd Nation things we discuss. He does not read nor "get caught up in some of the nonsense" that is posted here.

West Virginia is a poor state. Both major universities can use the revenue generated from playing the annual basketball game in Charleston. Same goes for the city of Charleston. The folks of WV needs the excitement the game generates...if for only a few days or hours the contest is played. High School basketball players (ie Marshall's Elmore) get excited and hope to be recruited to play at one of the schools. Dan wants more WV guys to play for The Herd and his recruiting of WV players proves this. Appears this is not the case in Morgantown.

The Charleston Civic Center seats about 12,337 for basketball. This years contest, played on a December Thursday evening sold 11,784 tickets...shy of 553 tickets for a sell out. On a THURSDAY night! No legislature in session because of Christmas break. This is the reason the game is played in Charleston in the first place. WVU hosted James Madison in an earlier game at the CCC with ticket sales around 8,101.

I saw on the local Charlotte news this week that West Virginia leads the Nation in prescribed chemical drug deaths. Not a good thing to be proud of...or happy about. On a personal note, I hope all the doctors "getting West Virginians hooked on pain medication" are found guilty and spend prison time.

Again, folks in West Virginia need positive news and sporting functions, played by both universities, to ease their unhappy minds for a while, as reported in another national survey showing West Virginia is one of the worst states to live & work in. I support sports is good medicine for folks that enjoy this type entertainment.

Dan's comments had little to cause the contract to be cancelled. His comments were blown out of context after last year's game. For those that know or have known Dan for as long as I have.....He is a jokester and finds pleasure in kidding people. His heart for the state of WV is enormous. If not, he would not be coaching Marshall....his dream job.

I do not know Coach Huggins. I have only watched him coach on television. His persona is grim...he always appears to be angry. I recall he was a "fighter" when he was a college basketball player at WVU. I recently witnessed a basketball game at Hinkle Fieldhouse (Indianapolis) between Butler-Providence, two Big East teams. A lady (graduate of Michigan State---her son graduated from Butler) from Chicago was seated beside me in the sold out arena. We chatted about different sporting events. When the subject of West Virginia arose...she was well informed about Marshall's sporting history and the fact we are nationally known as a friendly place to visit. She alluded to the comments from Purdue fans & players that were posted after our football game this year. Here's her comments on Coach Huggins...."Watching him on TV is painful for me...he always appears condescending, angry, uses foul language...a successful coach, but I would never want my child play for him." She then proceeded to ask if all the national negative comments are true about "some students" at WVU. I stated the ones I have witnessed in Morgantown to be factual. She asked..."what's all their couch burning about?" I had no answer. She asked..."is it true that females are subjected to foul language & negative insults as reported?" Again, I replied..."this is what I have HERD----I have not witnessed this behavior first hand!"

Point being.....the State of West Virginia needs our two Universities competing in sporting contests. The state of West Virginia needs the money the games generate to pay bills. Neither school sells out for football games.....unless Marshall is playing the Mountaineers. I know this is fact....I see the empty seats in both stadiums when playing other teams.

If Coach Huggins & their AD are responsible for the basketball contract being terminated.....in my opinion....they care little for the families in West Virginia. I can witness for Dan....he is proud of our state and LOVES being the basketball coach at Marshall. You might notice how he has incorporated the State Map Outline on The Herd's clothing. Morgantown & WVU does not own our STATE!

Shame on you "huggy bear".....you have now added more to your resume how you are viewed OUTSIDE West Virginia.

Gary (HERDZILLA22) Sweeney in Charlotte
Marshall hasn't made the ncaa tournament since 1987. Reagan was still President. You know you receive $$ for making that tournament. Maybe Dan can worry about getting marshall back there instead of worrying about 1 game a year.

I'd like to see the series continue but it's not a big deal.

Intercourse you marshallsig...for the 1,000th time.

Your HERD-Daddy in Charlotte

'Intercourse you' ? Are you posting from a church pew?

Also, Gary, were there over 27,000 people at the Purdue game last year? Just wondering because you said Marshall couldn't get 27k butts in the seats at the Joan. Thanks in advance.

I used to enjoy this game, but it's really been hard to watch lately. It's basically a foul shooting contest in a crappy arena. I quit going a few years ago even though I live nearby. Maybe they will restart it when they renovate the Civic Center. It could give the game a boost by taking a few years off. Good luck to you in the meantime. FYI, we have more commits from WV than you, so I not sure what Zilla is talking about.

'Intercourse you' ? Are you posting from a church pew?

Also, Gary, were there over 27,000 people at the Purdue game last year? Just wondering because you said Marshall couldn't get 27k butts in the seats at the Joan. Thanks in advance.

No Clark...there was close to a FULL HOUSE @ the Joan for Purdue. However, did you attend the Purdue game? I DID! [drum roll please] did you attend any other football contests during the season? Don't think you want me to show a screen shot of The Herd's other games @ The JOAN--- less than full for the other games. It is called CONSISTENT Sell Outs! Something that Huntington residents do not do! It takes us out-of-town folks to travel HOURS to fill SOME seats!

I rest my case!

BTW, how many HERD fans made the Bowl game on Dec. 26 @ 11:00 am? I ordered tickets...did not attend...being with FAMILY in Indianapolis was MORE IMPORTANT to me at my age, during Christmas!

HerdZilla (Gary) in Charlotte :):rolleyes::cool:

Last edited:
So, Gary in one post calls out fans that do not make the games. Then in the same post proudly states why he did not go to the bowl game. Classic sweeney. Contradict much or just a hypocrite?

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
So, Gary in one post calls out fans that do not make the games. Then in the same post proudly states why he did not go to the bowl game. Classic sweeney. Contradict much or just a hypocrite?
Give him credit. even though he didn't attend, he saw that Marshall got the money anyway by buying tickets. This year, I did the same thing since I had just returned from Las Vegas watching Herd hoops play 2 games.

marshallsig...Unlike you....MY FAMILY is the most important thing to me...NOT Marshall University. I am 68 years YOUNG...I do not have a lot of years left to enjoy my three children & 9 grand kids. I find humor that I even waste my time sparring with your dumb-ass! I am a "GREEN" [soon to be in the LEADER category] Big Green Foundation member.....and I pledged to the 5-year Mission Program to help upgrade Marshall's facilities. I feel good about being a "helping hand" to Marshall, and that I can afford to help Marshall continue to grow and help student/athletes represent The HERD.

Gary Sweeney (HerdZilla22)

Reactions: 30CAT
Gary, I understand that your family is most important to you. It should be. I respect that and have no problem with that. I also do not question your dedication to Marshall.

You are missing my point. Do you think sometimes when fans do not show up to games that they may have family commitments and other legitimate reasons? My point is you cannot criticize them over missing for possible legitimate reasons when you then do the same.

You were calling out posters and fans in general for not coming to games. Yet you have no idea why they do not. Maybe they had legitimate reasons also. You post made you look like you were speaking out of both side of your mouth.

I personally advocate for playing Marshall in Football and Basketball. I think the deal for WVU is that we never liked the 50/50 split on that game and once Dan started talking trash, it gave WVU an excuse to end it. JMU had 8k fans in attendance at the Civic Center and WVU made more money off that game...

It's a game. One game if many. Wvu's protests and statements that it's not big or important are hilarious. I've never heard wvu say that about any other game I've never heard MU say that about morehead or any school. For that matter I've never heard any school anywhere banter like wvu and its fans over a game you would think(to hear them) they barely realize it's on the schedule.

Wvu just has that marshall spur up its ass and not playing the game won't change it, heck it will probably get worse. Lol eerdiots are funny

Reactions: The Real SamC
Truthfully
http://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/2...ent-end-of-capital-classic-fear-economic-blow

Wow, somebody writes an article based on economics. $7000.00 lost to the Holiday Inn, $170,000.00 lost to the civic center. I'd say every bar and any eating establishment also will lose money in a month when it counts.

If only eerbilly fans could do basic math these numbers might make sense!

Truthfully, not a very comprehensive economic analysis. The reporter could have summed up the story in one sentence. If the game is not played, the local economy suffers. Nobody could or would argue that fact.

What is not said is what if Marshall or WVU schedule to play someone else in December? I suspect a WVU game vs Anybody U would have a greater economic impact than a Marshall game vs Anybody U played in Charleston during the month of December but the reporter makes no effort to examine that.

I'd like to see the game played but the flimsy economic data supplied by this sophomoric attempt fails to move the needle.

Geez, Gary. If you really talk to DD, and you really think the state of WV needs the game, then you might mention to him that if Dan had just kept his mouth shut and coached instead of calling out the fat man in black, the game would probably still be in existence. Foolish overplay by the side with no leverage vs the side that is looking for an excuse not to play (just like football with Pruett).

Reactions: AllEers6
Geez, Gary. If you really talk to DD, and you really think the state of WV needs the game, then you might mention to him that if Dan had just kept his mouth shut and coached instead of calling out the fat man in black, the game would probably still be in existence. Foolish overplay by the side with no leverage vs the side that is looking for an excuse not to play (just like football with Pruett).
yes, and from what I understand Huggs would have had zero reason to pull the plug on this game. DD should have stayed out of this fight.

Reactions: HuntersvilleHerd
Gary, I understand that your family is most important to you. It should be. I respect that and have no problem with that. I also do not question your dedication to Marshall.

You are missing my point. Do you think sometimes when fans do not show up to games that they may have family commitments and other legitimate reasons? My point is you cannot criticize them over missing for possible legitimate reasons when you then do the same.

You were calling out posters and fans in general for not coming to games. Yet you have no idea why they do not. Maybe they had legitimate reasons also. You post made you look like you were speaking out of both side of your mouth.

Sig....points well taken. You are CORRECT...I made a general statement...bad on my part. I understand times are difficult in West Virginia and folks have to decide how they spend their money.....attend family functions...church, etc. Thanks for pointing out my "missed-guided words."

Sweeney in Charlotte.

HuntersvilleHerd...YES.....I talk to Dan. WE had dinner with him, his family, Uncle Lewis (102 years old) and sister Kathy, Jan. 2. We were guests of him for the WKU game...provided great seats about 5-rows behind the HERD bench. We played some cards Saturday night and called it an evening. He took us to see his new home, still under construction. I don't "school" Dan on what to say--or not say." He is a smart person...he is well educated and he presents himself well in public. In my opinion...his words last year were misreported...you should know how the media can INFLUENCE things. I have been INSTRUCTED to NOT say anything on Herd Nation what we discuss. I abide by Dan's request. In fact, we talk very little about Marshall's State of Affairs. Our discussions are on unrelated HERD topics.....Golf, NFL, children & grand kids....Family Reunions...you know---the important things in a close family.

I will not comment about the situation between the "huggy bear" and Dan.....NONE of my business. It is just====Coach Talk, in MY opinion! However, (in my opinion)..... I support Huggins has the POWER to terminate the game....and did!

HerdZilla (Gary) in Charlotte

Here is my take on this. First of all I am Marshall man. I bleed GREEN. I also have some common sense and I don't compare us and WVU in any sport. They are in the Big 12 and we are in CUSA. The only thing we have in common is both of us are in WV. Period!! It pisses me off when some of our fans try to compare us in football and basketball. The only sport we have been competitive against them over the past few years is baseball. Year in and year out we cant and are not supposed to beat them in football or basketball. Compete with them? Yes. Maybe beat them here and there? Maybe. But the bottom line is we should play them!!! Look at other states. They play each other and its usually home and home in football and basketball. Is it good for the state? You bet it is. Why should WVU play James Madison in Charleston and not Marshall? Makes no sense. Why should they play Ga. Southern or Liberty and not Marshall? Again makes no sense. Over the years I have grown to really hate WVU and everything they stand for. The coaches are the most arrogant bastards I have ever seen. Their fan base are nothing but assholes. They had to join a conference that is so far out of their area its not funny. Now because there in the Big 12 they think there all that. But you know what? I could give a rats ass. I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep if we never played them again in any sport. That way I wouldn't have to even think about WVU.

Here is my take on this. First of all I am Marshall man. I bleed GREEN. I also have some common sense and I don't compare us and WVU in any sport. They are in the Big 12 and we are in CUSA. The only thing we have in common is both of us are in WV. Period!! It pisses me off when some of our fans try to compare us in football and basketball. The only sport we have been competitive against them over the past few years is baseball. Year in and year out we cant and are not supposed to beat them in football or basketball. Compete with them? Yes. Maybe beat them here and there? Maybe. But the bottom line is we should play them!!! Look at other states. They play each other and its usually home and home in football and basketball. Is it good for the state? You bet it is. Why should WVU play James Madison in Charleston and not Marshall? Makes no sense. Why should they play Ga. Southern or Liberty and not Marshall? Again makes no sense. Over the years I have grown to really hate WVU and everything they stand for. The coaches are the most arrogant bastards I have ever seen. Their fan base are nothing but assholes. They had to join a conference that is so far out of their area its not funny. Now because there in the Big 12 they think there all that. But you know what? I could give a rats ass. I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep if we never played them again in any sport. That way I wouldn't have to even think about WVU.
I agree, but coaches like Bob Pruett and DD keep bringing up WVU so as long as MU coaches keep talking about WVU how can MU fans stop thinking about them. MU needs to become the best Marshall they can be and stop taking on WVU's man hood. BP says he does it to try and create more of a rivalry with WVU but after a while is just pisses people off. Thus, DD's comments just made people mad. BTW, for those saying Dan was misquoted, he also was talking a little trash during the pre-season after playing that D2 school, so he was aware of what he was doing now that the game wont be played next season Dan is running for cover. Marshall needs to win games and boost moral by winning and stop saying the WVU game is about moral.

Eerbillys, let's look at the facts.

Your no longer playing UCONN ECU UCF the same teams we beat now and are claiming to be national champions .Our hoops team is turning the corner too, so let's not play Marshall in basketball now.
Our privately funded and paid for IAF dwarfs your state paid for IPF and has more tangable schools attached.
Our football team has won more bowl games in Docs tenure than your school has in the "geniuses" tenure.
Your school made stupid mistake by over scheduling and is no longer competitive in B12, alas you took the cash for a title of conference fodder playing Iowa state pig bowl for your season ending rivalry game.

To play and lose to us is literally the last blow you need dealt to you. I understand.

Enjoy the cash from the B12 while the city of Charleston loses tons of revenue. Your such a forward thinking bunch of eerbillys.

CarolinaHerdzilla, I appreciate your attempt a compete logical arguments for playing wet va but they are never going to "get it" which is huge reason why the state is in the shape it is in, it's controlled by their graduates.

Forward thinking isn't in their gray matter, beer is in their gray matter.

If Herd basketball is turning the corner, then a game scheduled by the Herd in Charleston should draw a crowd, right?

WVU already has a game scheduled. Will Marshall do "what's good for the state"?

CarolinaHerdzilla, I appreciate your attempt a compete logical arguments for playing wet va but they are never going to "get it" which is huge reason why the state is in the shape it is in, it's controlled by their graduates.

Forward thinking isn't in their gray matter, beer is in their gray matter.
the logic is to win games without always looking to the north for approval. Just go win games man.

Reactions: countryroads89
If things are going so well for "your" (same words as on your DL, no actual relationship) school, why are you here?

The total fixation of the insular, non-alumni Spamtards has no limit.

And, in 6 or 7 weeks, when the "usens beat that there Kansas" changes to yet another season that ends the exact same way every USPAM season ends, all they will have is another round of "But Marshall..."

Find ANY college in any state in the postition to which USPAM's non-alumni fans agrandize it to and any college in the position to which they (in their ignorance) assign MU, and find ONE PERSON who cares what that school did.

A unique obsession. All they can think about.

Simple question - why is this posted in a new thread? Haven't we already talked about this topic enough? Seriously the horse is DEAD please stop beating - it seems cruel (although not unusual)

Reactions: jocktalker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT