ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD MBB versus Arkansas State

IMHO, OAK must be a very big deal to come in an start his first game instead of Mikel Beyers. Maybe Beyers needs a picture of the game before he can be at his best, he was a major contributor to the late-year success last year, along with Jannson.

IMHO, OAK must be a very big deal to come in an start his first game instead of Mikel Beyers. Maybe Beyers needs a picture of the game before he can be at his best, he was a major contributor to the late-year success last year, along with Jannson.
....& then you have Mikel, Milo, Bennett, George and the other euro coming off the bench...pretty deep rotation imo...

Reactions: goherd13
Has anyone used CUSA.tv? If I remember right there was a slew of complaints about it last year.

Would have been nice to have the games for free through stadium like football or available on espn+ but I guess that’s too much to ask for basketball.

I have espn+ and last year anyhow; most BB games were on it. Not sure this year. Looks like MU jumped out early 10+ lead. Just like I figured. One of the reasons I didn't want to try cusa.tv.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Any word on the actual ATTENDANCE at the game? I heard that only about 400-500 were in the CAM on Friday,

Any word on the actual ATTENDANCE at the game? I heard that only about 400-500 were in the CAM on Friday,

I understand that MU athletics is in a desperate financial crisis, but, the ticket prices for this season are way out of line. Especially for the local market.

I got upper bleachers for my lottery results. Sec 202 row PP. Only 2 seated rows from the very top. I counted the number of fans in sec 102 (where my season tickets are) right before tip and there were 27 fans there. Now granted the first 5 rows were blocked off and only every third row was being seated, but I'd say a LOT of people chose to enter the lottery and then stayed home anyway due to family plans or other personal reasons. The "upper chairbacks" part of section 202 had literally 2 fans in it.

The lottery seemed like a great idea, but I feel like this is going to be a common theme this year. Since you had to commit to the whole season rather than just the games you know you can make it to, the gaps between fans are going to end up being massive due to people who are just throwing their tickets away.

Second issue is just lack of excitement. I was desperate for herd basketball and was pumped to get to go to a game, but this year it's just so different that I don't know that I'm going to get much enjoyment out of it. There's no atmosphere when you have less than 1000 people in the stands. The players look silly sitting so far apart, on the wrong side of the court, and in the end zones. The cheerleaders are literally above the stands in the walkway behind the rim and can't come out on the court for their routines. There's no pep band. It's just really....lame.

Side note - the rules are all over the place. Fans have to wear masks (and I'm cool with it - I support masks as a public health measure). Players don't. Cheerleaders do. Coaches....sort of do, as long as they aren't yelling, in which case it's OK to take them off. Everyone's gotta sit far apart, except the scorer's table, where they can sardine themselves just like normal.

I got upper bleachers for my lottery results. Sec 202 row PP. Only 2 seated rows from the very top. I counted the number of fans in sec 102 (where my season tickets are) right before tip and there were 27 fans there. Now granted the first 5 rows were blocked off and only every third row was being seated, but I'd say a LOT of people chose to enter the lottery and then stayed home anyway due to family plans or other personal reasons. The "upper chairbacks" part of section 202 had literally 2 fans in it.

The lottery seemed like a great idea, but I feel like this is going to be a common theme this year. Since you had to commit to the whole season rather than just the games you know you can make it to, the gaps between fans are going to end up being massive due to people who are just throwing their tickets away.

Second issue is just lack of excitement. I was desperate for herd basketball and was pumped to get to go to a game, but this year it's just so different that I don't know that I'm going to get much enjoyment out of it. There's no atmosphere when you have less than 1000 people in the stands. The players look silly sitting so far apart, on the wrong side of the court, and in the end zones. The cheerleaders are literally above the stands in the walkway behind the rim and can't come out on the court for their routines. There's no pep band. It's just really....lame.

Side note - the rules are all over the place. Fans have to wear masks (and I'm cool with it - I support masks as a public health measure). Players don't. Cheerleaders do. Coaches....sort of do, as long as they aren't yelling, in which case it's OK to take them off. Everyone's gotta sit far apart, except the scorer's table, where they can sardine themselves just like normal.
At least we get in. I was hoping to go to Wright State Thursday but no fans permitted. I also hoped to go to ODU. Same thing.
I have 3 more trips I'm hoping for, FIU, WKU and La Tech. No report on them yet

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT