ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s Basketball

It's woefully funny how people want Marshall to remain sort of traditional in how they run things, like MU could afford to do so, or had name brand value to do so. Neither is true.
But then they get antsy and are willing to let MU do what everyone else is doing, because they complain MU "is gonna be left behind."
When MU does, they get mad that MU is about money or doesn't care about their fans with what they are doing...forgetting that no school cares about it's fans or what they are doing since it has always been money driven.
blah, blah, blah…yawn

blah, blah, blah…yawn
Sorry that you are mocking something that is inevitably ongoing.
The cycle is gonna happen. Where MU is gonna have success in a sport. Possibly lose the HC, most likely to someone that the fans don't understand "why would anyone leave MU...for that??"

This is, of course, after declaring their acceptance of being a stepping stone school.

Then slump and realize "MU is poor and can't afford to keep up" and cry and whine about it...hoping the next person can be as good.

MU will find someone in another sport who is successful and the process repeats.

Sorry that you are mocking something that is inevitably ongoing.
The cycle is gonna happen. Where MU is gonna have success in a sport. Possibly lose the HC, most likely to someone that the fans don't understand "why would anyone leave MU...for that??"

This is, of course, after declaring their acceptance of being a stepping stone school.

Then slump and realize "MU is poor and can't afford to keep up" and cry and whine about it...hoping the next person can be as good.

MU will find someone in another sport who is successful and the process repeats.
No one cares what you think junior. But, by all means you do you, in between playing Crossy Road and updating your Tik Tok…..

No one cares what you think junior. But, by all means you do you, in between playing Crossy Road and updating your Tik Tok…..

Sounds like you took a ton of pictures of the sky and ground before you could figure out a selfie 🙂

Another indicator of DD’s foolishness:
Following in the D’Antoni tradition of awarding non-DI athletes schollies, Kiisen Pruett is now taking up one!

The guy has to be a troll. He's a fountain of useless information.

What useless information is that?

If you don't agree with it or like it, that doesn't make it useless.
I've disagreed and not liked a ton of things said on here, but I wouldn't dismiss it as useless.

What useless information is that?

If you don't agree with it or like it, that doesn't make it useless.
I've disagreed and not liked a ton of things said on here, but I wouldn't dismiss it as useless.
tell us more about the Huggins interview....all while you mock Landon for being incorrect.

foolishness

Herdguy04 has announced he’s coordinating with Sam on investigating whether or not the proper permits were obtained prior to opening day….

• Haha
Reactions: 19MU88
tell us more about the Huggins interview....all while you mock Landon for being incorrect.

foolishness
He did interview.

Landon has historically been incorrect in many of his articles.
If you're inspired by, or trust Landon, then really, there is no hope for you.

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
He did interview.

Landon has historically been incorrect in many of his articles.
If you're inspired by, or trust Landon, then really, there is no hope for you.
Tell us when he interviewed. Date please.

UK is already a "major program" so I don't know how much more they could be.

Unless you're saying to be a feeder program to UK. In which case, I am all for it.

Let UK and MU work together to have MU serve as a farm system for UK to develop players and let them move up after a year or so.
UK helps MU recruit and say, "you're good, but spend 1 season at MU, transfer here, we'll still pay you in hookers and blow, and you'll be a star."

Oh, and Marshall basketball was never "big time."

It never made it past the first round of the NCAA tournament and made it, what, 6 times or something to the big dance ever?

The perception of the program of MU fans when compared to the national picture, are vastly different, obviously, but the contrast is staggeringly bad.

What DD did with Elmore et. al, should have been done 20 years ago and the benchmark for success.
You must have never seen Russel Lee and company. Brother they were big time. 5 starting all Americans.

Another indicator of DD’s foolishness:
Following in the D’Antoni tradition of awarding non-DI athletes schollies, Kiisen Pruett is now taking up one!

Yeah...about that...
From FB:

' Oakland Star Guard Jack Gohlke was a 0-Star Recruit with no Division 1 Offers Coming out of High School...

He played at Division 2 Hillsdale College for 5 seasons, doing Uber & Doordash on the side. He entered the Transfer Portal before this season, but received only one D1 offer - Oakland.

He took the offer, and in his first season at the D1 Level, led Oakland to a Horizon League Championship & NCAA Tournament...

And today vs Kentucky, he hit 10 3-Pointers en route to a MASSIVE upset. The record for most made 3's in a Tournament Game is 11, he was just one short.

Gohlke is officially cemented as a March Madness LEGEND after this performance.

This could be an academy award winning movie script.

Jack after the game during his interview “we’re not a Cinderella” Legendary.'

Sources: Spark Talks & Blue Blood Bias

#MarchMadness #kentuckywildcats #oakland #CBB

‘04 - how’s that concrete evidence coming along? What’s that? You can’t find it?

Checking the archives.

Are you going to ignore the idea that recruiting people who aren't D1, can work out for someone who knows how to coach them, and Oakland literally proved it?

I'm also pretty sure their HC interviewed with us too 😉

A lot of lower Division players can play in D1. Some are good enough to play or start while others need to be a good fit (role player) for the new program. The coach needs to know what type and how to recruit the transfers. Dan just gave a scholarship to a walk on who is not DI material and has had more than his share of players who didn't contribute. Dan relies on his assistants to do the recruiting and I think that has lead to poor roster management.

In Creasy's article in the HD, Dan stated he was not comfortable with the portal
"As far as what his approach will be to using the portal D'antoni was candid and admitted that hes still learning the system which is a far cry from what he grew up around and what it was like when he took over the Herd in 2014."
"This is so new to me, I don't know. We need two or three players to come in here and bolster D'antoni said. We just have to get better have that big year and erase some bad memories."

The portal has been around since 2018 and the transfer rules changed in 2021. Dan seems to be befuddled with the changes. A coach must adapt to the new conditions or he will fail.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT