ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD MBB vs. Rice

.....Going to be some good matchups today. UTSA should win, FAU vs UTEP could be really close. Herd should dominate a winded Rice squad & NT wins over Middle. My take...

Reactions: KyMUfan
Herd is -10 per Vegas
Always a concern in first game playing a team that has already played. They have no jitters, they know the rims etc

Reactions: Herdsavedme
Herd is -10 per Vegas
Always a concern in first game playing a team that has already played. They have no jitters, they know the rims etc
True, but they also struggled m i g h t i l y to put away a horrible So Miss team, that was scoring at will at the basket in the 2nd half until they started jacking 3’s for the last 8 minutes of that game. Their big worked his ass off for 38 mins last night. Let’s see how long he lasts against Obina, Milo, Williams & Byers tonite....

Reactions: Diamond Duke
True, but they also struggled m i g h t i l y to put away a horrible So Miss team, that was scoring at will at the basket in the 2nd half until they started jacking 3’s for the last 8 minutes of that game. Their big worked his ass off for 38 mins last night. Let’s see how long he lasts against Obina, Milo, Williams & Byers tonite....
I watched that game on the plane. Their big is not flashy but very solid. He reminded me of a Larry Bird without a jump shot. He is a GREAT passer. He sees the floor well and although he doesn’t jump well he never quits on the boards. I’m going to IMPLORE Jannson to not go for the head fakes. Hopefully that big is gassed from last night.

Atl - All of our interior guys are doing a great job of not leaving their feet on those head fakes. You can really tell the coaching staff has been working with them on that part of our defensive philosophy. Let's run 'em outta the gym!!

p.s. If he isn't gassed, I say drug test!!!

Atl - All of our interior guys are doing a great job of not leaving their feet on those head fakes. You can really tell the coaching staff has been working with them on that part of our defensive philosophy. Let's run 'em outta the gym!!

p.s. If he isn't gassed, I say drug test!!!

Jannson is still a little too quick to leave his feet. He can afford to stay on the floor with this guy.

Beyers put way too much on that shot. Whipped that bad boy at the backboard

Missed the first half. Funeral home visitation. Dinner with family now. Get it done Herd!

Disappointing end to a disappointing season. Should have been better.

Lack of defensive effort cost them.

What a waste. I guess this saves us from being beaten by WKU for the 6th time in a row or whatever it is.

I believe it GHMY. Just a pit in your stomach head scratcher. We prob just saw Kinsey’s last game in the green & white. One of the worst performance’s of his career....oh well

Who knows.
I will say, like those who claim to want to see the football program win, but bash Doc, I want the basketball program to win and will be ctitical of Dan.

Unlike them though, I'm not going to start any threads saying, "FIRE DAN!" I'm not going to rub it in the faces of everyone who disagrees with me on the HC, and I'm not going to constantly say, "SEE!!! HAHAHA!!! I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG!!!"

Nah...if this game wasn't enough to convince you something needs to change, then you're beyond reason.

With Doc, I can look forward to new and fresh life into the program, since he's gone.
With Dan, I can continue to see the team plateau, since he's still here.

^^^^^

No one is happy. Just time to move in a different direction.

Exactly. This is the issue with the DD sycophants, they lack the ability to distinguish our justified and reasonable criticism of DD, and of what CUSA really is in basketball, from some desire to see MU lose. I never want MU to lose at anything. Ever. I just understand that we are a mediocre team with a coach that is not getting it done, despite a conference that is wide open to be grabbed by the throat and controlled by someone who demands excellence.

It is time for DD to do the right thing. He, as a player, and because of an 8 day hot streak as a coach, is a HUGE part of MU sports history. He has had a good career is SC high school sports, a solid time as an NBA assistant, and a good run at MU. Don't make this ugly. Don't make this fan base go through yet another basketball coach multi year hot seat drama. Don't make it ugly.

Retire.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT