ADVERTISEMENT

MLB Expansion

Have fun when you can't find home insurance.
I have to go back and read the letter, but I think my main residence in CA is being dropped in September due to fire concerns. My neighbors told me they pay nearly $20k year in homeowner's. I see people talk about being dropped all of the time, and I think it's challenging for them (now us) to find any reasonable coverage.

I have to go back and read the letter, but I think my main residence in CA is being dropped in September due to fire concerns. My neighbors told me they pay nearly $20k year in homeowner's. I see people talk about being dropped all of the time, and I think it's challenging for them (now us) to find any reasonable coverage.

When I had my insurance claim on my car one of the robo-messages while on hold (?or maybe online, I can't remember?) said State Farm was going to quit doing ?any? policies in California I think I heard it say.

That's amazing. A guy who mentioned multiple times that he despises the state and Huntington suddenly loves it.

What does your son want to do?

On my town's Facebook page, there have been a few families mentioning how they have friends of their children coming for extended stays over the summer. They moved to my town from other states, so their old friends come to visit during the summer. Find a cool place to live with child-friendly amenities, and you could talk your son into the same thing taking place. Or just wait a couple of years, take him to a beach where there are high school girls, and ask him if he'd rather be in WV or Florida.

If the children will be with you, you should come visit. It's a sin that I live where I do with no children. The little town really is a child's paradise.

And then you have Disneyland 30 minutes away, Legoland 40 minutes away, Universal and SeaWorld an hour away, can bike to the beach, can get to the mountains for hiking in 10 minutes, and donkey shows about 90 minutes away in Tijuana.

It's not weird. I'm calling you out for avoiding being honest. There are plenty of places in WV that aren't in the hills or mountains. So that isn't the reason you don't want to live there.
The entire state of WV lies with the Appalachian Region. It is the only state of the 13 states within the Appalachina Region to have that claim. So, no not every house or town is on a hill or mountain but, there are hills everywhere in the entire state. That is not even debate. It is a hilly state. I don't travel to the mountains of NC either. I do for work every now and again. But, not much at all. I like the coastal areas. I like warm weather.

Two, I don't want the winters there. I am from there, I don't want them anymore. If I were a hill or moutain person or like colder weather, I might go there. I like warmer weather, coastal areas, beaches, the warmer weather for golf and fishing.

If I wanted some mountain or hilly land and like that WV might be a good place to go. Low cost of living and still some cheaper land available. I work witha guy who retired there. Retired from the Air Force went to work where I do and retired and went to WV. He is originally from New Jersey. He wanted some land with rural living. he likes the hills. Ended up in Calhoun County in BFE. He loves it. Not me anymore.

I do rank WV ahead of New York, California, Illinois, New Jersey, PA, Maryland, Delaware, Rhode Island, Washington, Oregon, hell you get the idea.

West Virginia is the only state that lies completely within the Appalachian Mountain region.

Last edited:
You boys laugh, if Disney doesn't straighten it shit up they are going to tank more. Their movies are tanking and their parks were once their backbone. They are going in the shitter as well. I say that a go every year at least once. It is not just the queer stuff either. Their overall atmosphere and quality are down. Not to expectations. They have some serious poor leadership. That is bad.

They better straighten up or the chinks will buy them.

California and Florida are quickly becoming places only for the very wealthy, and everyone else can go get fvxked.

I live in an area known for gorilla hail and giant tornadoes...$1700 a year. So an average homeowner in a kinda weird location, and I cannot fathom living in CA or FL and getting a bill like that...only to probably get dropped next year.

Well, the coast. Which is where most in CA live because it’s where you’d want to, but it does get a lot cheaper if you go inland.
I’m at Yosemite today and tomorrow. Here, Tahoe, and Big Bear would be places HerMan would enjoy that are away from the coast.

Indianapolis would support a team, but they already have a really nice AAA team and park, right there close to the nice hotel where me and rifle stay.

I’m at Yosemite today and tomorrow. Here, Tahoe, and Big Bear would be places HerMan would enjoy that are away from the coast.
I would enjoy them , but probably would not want to live there. I really enjoyed Arizona.

If the children will be with you, you should come visit. It's a sin that I live where I do with no children. The little town really is a child's paradise.

And then you have Disneyland 30 minutes away, Legoland 40 minutes away, Universal and SeaWorld an hour away, can bike to the beach, can get to the mountains for hiking in 10 minutes, and donkey shows about 90 minutes away in Tijuana

The kids will be with us. We love Disney and Disneyland is a bucket list item for us. We would make that a priority. My son REALLY wants to see Redwood and I would love to take him while we are out there, time permitting. But it’s like 700 miles from L.A. Freakin’ monstrous state.

We are going to Hawaii and want to spend a few days before and after on the west coast. We are debating flying into LA one direction and Seattle the other direction, just to see more of the area. Not sure yet.

Redwood is “only” 500 miles from Seattle, so that might be the better play.

If you and I can break away for a few hours, I’ll take you up on that donkey show.

The kids will be with us. We love Disney and Disneyland is a bucket list item for us. We would make that a priority. My son REALLY wants to see Redwood and I would love to take him while we are out there, time permitting. But it’s like 700 miles from L.A. Freakin’ monstrous state.

We are going to Hawaii and want to spend a few days before and after on the west coast. We are debating flying into LA one direction and Seattle the other direction, just to see more of the area. Not sure yet.

Redwood is “only” 500 miles from Seattle, so that might be the better play.

If you and I can break away for a few hours, I’ll take you up on that donkey show.
The play would be to fly back through Sacramento if you can. It’s “only” about 250 miles away from Redwood.

But really it’s going to be a lot of driving on top of a lot of flying you did going to Hawaii. If you’re going through LA then my #1 spot I would recommend is the Getty. And the Getty Villa if you like Roman history.

Reactions: big_country90
donkey shows about 90 minutes away in Tijuana.
e96a7e2957daecff874ebc881114ee02.jpeg

The play would be to fly back through Sacramento if you can. It’s “only” about 250 miles away from Redwood.
I think it’s a lot longer than that. I would suggest doing Yosemite over Redwood (the kid has a WV education, so he probably won’t be able to read the signs anyways). Fly into Fresno, and it’s 1.5 hours from there (another hour inside the park to get to the best stuff).

Then, a three to four hour drive back to LA.

Cough, cough, hey guys who laughed. Disney could be looking to sell of a big part of its business.

Bob Iger is seeking to reassure an anxious arm of Disney’s business.

In an off-site meeting on Tuesday, the Disney chief executive spoke to senior leaders of the company’s television businesses, CNN has learned. The meeting came just days after Iger made decidedly candid remarks to CNBC’s David Faber in which he said Disney’s linear business “may not be core” to the entertainment giant — a comment that immediately sent shockwaves through the industry.

The admission to Faber naturally set off alarm bells inside Disney General Entertainment Content, the division of the Magic Kingdom that houses its linear business and operates quintessential broadcast and cable networks such as ABC, the Disney Channel, National Geographic, and FX.

First of all I would love to see Disney broken up into dozens, possibly hundreds of companies. It’s criminal how large they are.

But then spinning off ABC and friends isn’t the same as “Disney being bought.”

uGGHH, COUGH COUGH

BREAKING: CEO Bob Iger Considering Selling Streaming Services and Other Assets, May Even Try to Sell Entire Disney Company​

Considering selling streaming services in India lmao

Considering selling streaming services in India lmao
Keep reading my posts. Remember, I am a Disney fan. For the record, I think Ron DeSantis ****ed Up with them as well. I am about business relationships. Disney and Florida helped make each other. Why try to ruin each other? I don't like their woke gay shit shoved at everyone and frankly they were caving in to a minority of their employees IMO. But, I don't like DeSantis using it as a bullshit platform either. Not with a company that help put Orlando and Florida on the map. Walt Disney(the man and the company) were good for Florida and Florida was good for them. Go hash that shit out somewhere else. Why hurt a company than then hurts your state. They made money for each other. Long history there. DeSantis ****ed that up.

yahoo and cnn?
Is there anything in either of them about them selling the company? From what I see it’s just about them potentially selling off some of their TV assets. I’d prefer to see those spun off (or forcibly cleaved) instead of sold to just another media conglomerate but that’s a far cry from Disney being bought.

Is there anything in either of them about them selling the company? From what I see it’s just about them potentially selling off some of their TV assets. I’d prefer to see those spun off (or forcibly cleaved) instead of sold to just another media conglomerate but that’s a far cry from Disney being bought.
Yehh they are going to sell off stuff. Could also lead the company being sold off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT