ADVERTISEMENT

MLK Statue Unvelied...Looks like Something

InfantileCleverDartfrog-max-1mb.gif

Bring back Stonewall and Gen Lee. At least they didn't look like someone holding a big cock.

Are there any good sculptures of MLK? I’m not a fan of the one in DC (they could have done better) - and even that one drew a ton of criticism when it was unveiled.

Are there any good sculptures of MLK? I’m not a fan of the one in DC (they could have done better) - and even that one drew a ton of criticism when it was unveiled.
There are a few just normal bronze ones around. Atlanta has a couple.

My favorite is probably the words carved into the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. The man like all was flawed and I think we get a little worshipy at times (and that’s not at all limited to MLK,) but the words transcend that.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
The one in dc looks like some chairman mao statue or something you’d see in North Korea

The piece has checked one of the boxes for outstanding art. It has raised intellectual discussion. If the work would have been a simple representation of two people hugging, we would have already forgotten about it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT