ADVERTISEMENT

Monkeys

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
Sorry, Michigan, this isn't about your buddies.

Does anybody know what kind of monkey this is?

I just had a woman neighbor give me the evil-eye and scold me. I was heading out for the first of my two daily walks, and her son ran up to me and wanted to show me his "animal cards" (what the fvck happened to baseball cards)? He's usually very social with me, so it didn't surprise me. On the front of each card is a picture of an animal while the back gives interesting facts about the animal. He proceeded to go through the first two cards and tell me everything he knew about the animal.

But then this animal popped up as the third card, and I wanted to show the little know-it-all that I am pretty smart, too. So I exclaimed "I know that one! It's a monkey!"

Nope.

He corrected me and told me the name of it: It's a "macaque." The first time he said it, I said "excuse me?" So he said "macaque" again. So out of politeness, not knowing if his mother allows him to talk like that, I said "yeah, what about your cock, kid?" At that point, his mother (who was seated about 10 yards away), jumped up from her chair and sternly told him to get in the garage. She then told me I should be ashamed of myself. I looked at her perplexed and explained that I wasn't the one who was teaching her kid that word. I told her that I hope her daughter doesn't approach me with an animal card of a baby kitten on it, as I now know what type of language she is teaching her kids. Can't wait until I see her husband.

So I skipped my walk to go home and see if what the kid was saying was accurate, and sure enough, it was:

• Haha
Reactions: WV-FAN
When I was a kid (preteen), they used to advertise monkeys for sale on the end pages of comic books. I saved my money and ordered one.

My parents were not pleased when they got a call from Railroad Express (delivery service before UPS) that they had a monkey that was about to be delivered to our house.

Never argue with kids about their passion, they are likely right when they say something. My daughter had books on dogs and could identify every breed at about 7 or 8. That spread to knowing about all mammals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT