ADVERTISEMENT

NC state 2018

So a game winning drive to win the game is struggling? wow
Yes. Look at it this way. If I'm playing QB, and I'm up by multiple scores, and have dominated the game from start to finish, and I end the game by taking a knee, then my team didn't struggle to win the game. If I'm playing QB, and my team is losing, and I need to orchestrate a drive in the waning seconds to win the game, including making clutch throws, as well as being assisted by the other teams mistakes, then I struggled to win that game at the end. In other words, it was a fierce back & forth battle to win the game. If you remember, the Union Army defeated the Confederates at Gettysburg, but it wasn't without a struggle. The Union battled back on multiple days, as well as relied on a strategic blunder by General Lee. Union won the battle, but damn, was it a struggle.

I get dumber reading Fever’s comments. Like I have to do a double take to make sure someone actually said it

With Doc record against any winning team I'm not excited about the rest of this year or next. He always gets outcoached by better coaches. Always. We will be 3rd or 4th in conference with Davis and Kiffen as coaches in the FL teams.

Just goes to show you how little you know- Virginia Tech is a ROAD FAVORITE at Miami. Even Vegas sees through their record.

How being a road favorite worked out for them tonight? Keep sleeping on Miami because of their "struggles"

How being a road favorite worked out for them tonight? Keep sleeping on Miami because of their "struggles"

Haha I love how you went into hiding because you were getting owned and you were a pussy about it and Miami finally gets one quality win at home and you show up guns blazing. You’ll see what happens to them when they play Clemson.

Actually I wasn't getting owned. I have no reason to defend a team who has won 13 straight which includes a thrashing of your beloved Mountaineers in the bowl game last year. Their play on the field does all the defending for me.

And we arent worried about Clemson, we have Notre Dame this week. We will worry about Clemson once we lock up the coastal in 2 weeks against Virginia.

And yes I said we because I was a Miami fan long before I considered attending Marshall.

I love being on a Marshall board and hear posters use the term we for a team other than Marshall. Our program and fan base is officially becoming the type of program we hated in our MAC days.

Any time I have spoke about Miami I have said we, nothing new.

Sorry I didnt grow up a Marshall fan.

I don’t care who you grew up liking. This is a Marshall board and it sucks to hear Marshall fans say we on our board when discussing other teams. Trust me you aren’t the only one. We have UK fans FSU fans, WVU fans, Ohio State. We have become the “little program” favorite but their real team is XYZ team.

When we were in the MAC we hated that about our conference mates. We were Marshall fans and that’s it, we were different. Now we are no different.

Reactions: JudgeDD
We have UK fans FSU fans, WVU fans, Ohio State.
You left out Michigan, bro. We are...Michigan. I like our chances next week at Maryland. We win that one, and it sets up two big games for us against unbeaten Wisconsin, followed by The Game at home to end the regular season. I hope we we win out.

I don’t care who you grew up liking. This is a Marshall board and it sucks to hear Marshall fans say we on our board when discussing other teams. Trust me you aren’t the only one. We have UK fans FSU fans, WVU fans, Ohio State. We have become the “little program” favorite but their real team is XYZ team.

When we were in the MAC we hated that about our conference mates. We were Marshall fans and that’s it, we were different. Now we are no different.

I agree with this. As most of you know, I've had another son playing for Penn State over the past 5 seasons, and he's still up there working with the strength staff. I have regularly used "we" when talking about PSU, and continue to do so. But I would never do that on this board. Here, WE are Marshall. You are all, of course, free to post however you want. I can't stop you. But this is a Marshall board. It seems like we could all respect that when we are here. Just saying...

I agree with this. As most of you know, I've had another son playing for Penn State over the past 5 seasons, and he's still up there working with the strength staff. I have regularly used "we" when talking about PSU, and continue to do so. But I would never do that on this board. Here, WE are Marshall. You are all, of course, free to post however you want. I can't stop you. But this is a Marshall board. It seems like we could all respect that when we are here. Just saying...

Judge...I complimented you a few weeks ago with my comments on your football playing sons. I can tell I created anger with you and I am guilty of association by saying I witness no leaders on The Herd 2017 football team. As a father of three....I hang the moon with them.....and I would be offended if an internet post er was negative toward one of my kids. Accept my apology. I am a long time Marshall fan. Graduate (1969) .....season ticket holder that travels over 11 hours to come to Huntington. I am not alone. We are frustrated because as money giving supporters (110%)...our return on our investment is not making us happy. We are not pleased with the product we are seeing on weekends. Leaders are not born...but they can be influenced by coaches to take leadership roles. I don't see this happening. Perhaps players are restricted by members of our coaching staff? No one likes change----unless change is beneficial. We are victims of habit. We have football issues that started years ago. Among the concerns is not defeating teams with winning records....and the future doesn't look bright because other programs in a less than stellar conference .....are passing us by. I don't like it.....nor I bet you and your son don't either. I coach on the high school level. Our parents expect a lot from us when they empower us to teach their sons. I don't attend Marshall's practices....but I support on game day you employ what you learn on weekdays. Our offense is not fun to watch....when your QB runs about 4-5 plays. We are use to more from Herd football. Closing, I hope your son is getting a quality education in Huntington.

HERDZIILLA 22 in Charlotte

Judge...I complimented you a few weeks ago with my comments on your football playing sons. I can tell I created anger with you and I am guilty of association by saying I witness no leaders on The Herd 2017 football team. As a father of three....I hang the moon with them.....and I would be offended if an internet post er was negative toward one of my kids. Accept my apology. I am a long time Marshall fan. Graduate (1969) .....season ticket holder that travels over 11 hours to come to Huntington. I am not alone. We are frustrated because as money giving supporters (110%)...our return on our investment is not making us happy. We are not pleased with the product we are seeing on weekends. Leaders are not born...but they can be influenced by coaches to take leadership roles. I don't see this happening. Perhaps players are restricted by members of our coaching staff? No one likes change----unless change is beneficial. We are victims of habit. We have football issues that started years ago. Among the concerns is not defeating teams with winning records....and the future doesn't look bright because other programs in a less than stellar conference .....are passing us by. I don't like it.....nor I bet you and your son don't either. I coach on the high school level. Our parents expect a lot from us when they empower us to teach their sons. I don't attend Marshall's practices....but I support on game day you employ what you learn on weekdays. Our offense is not fun to watch....when your QB runs about 4-5 plays. We are use to more from Herd football. Closing, I hope your son is getting a quality education in Huntington.

HERDZIILLA 22 in Charlotte

Listen, there is no apology necessary. And I'm not angry. I've been coaching myself for over thirty years. It takes a lot more than a few words on a message board to make me angry. And I don't feel as if you've posted negatively toward my son. Posters have their opinions, which is fine. But sometimes posters are mistaken, or are basing opinions on nothing but...opinion. I'm just pointing out that they're wrong in this case.

I'm not saying we all don't have reasons to be disappointed in last season, and perhaps this one. But leadership on this team is as good or better than it has been since my son has been there. We may have issues, but leadership and team chemistry are not among them so far this season.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Honestly, I Cheer for them equally.

Its been a rough 15 years of College Football for me. But sorry to tell you but Miami is Back. Richt has that program rolling. And when it comes to recruiting, they are 5 steps ahead of everying in Sofla right now. Hartley landed a sweet ass spot after learning under Doc.

You left out Michigan, bro. We are...Michigan. I like our chances next week at Maryland. We win that one, and it sets up two big games for us against unbeaten Wisconsin, followed by The Game at home to end the regular season. I hope we we win out.

Dreh, guess you know what Doc and Coach Hairball have in common this season, don't you?

Yep, that's right. Neither coach has a win over a team with a WINNING record thus far.

Meecheegan, Woody's "favorite" team, has lost to teams with winning records, MSU and PSU. Should get a win this week against another "loser", the Twerps from College Park. Since the season ends with games against undefeated Wisconsin and THE OSU, guess its 4 losses for the "rines" this year.

I'm sure that Hairball is happy that UM fans are not as passionate as Herd fans and, therefore, don't go on message boards screaming that the maize and blue doesn't "play for 8-4"!!

This is nothing new, it's always been this way to a large extent.
I have season tix at three schools but if push comes to shove I'll always root for MU because I grew up watching the Herd and completed my degree there after my athletic career ended at another college.
Honestly, I Cheer for them equally.

Its been a rough 15 years of College Football for me. But sorry to tell you but Miami is Back. Richt has that program rolling. And when it comes to recruiting, they are 5 steps ahead of everying in Sofla right now. Hartley landed a sweet ass spot after learning under Doc.

As a collection Miami fans are a scroungy bunch. Most look like they need a lot more personal hygiene. I think it's the demo they appeal to.

Why is this thread still running? Who cares what N C State has done or is going to do. We need to concern ourselves with our remaining games which NC States record will have nothing to do about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT