ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA SEED?

Western Kentucky was a 12 based on their win over Purdue earlier in the season. Marshall has two wins over Middle Tennessee but Western's seeding had a lot to do with RPI and strength of schedule. Marshall is more than likely a 13.

I agree with you.

yea and if Linardi is correct, we win and see either murray state or WVU in 2nd round.
If he is right that is the toughest of the four; WVU,Nova, and Duke. Three legitimate teams. Not especially fond of the opening round with the Wildcats as well. Now the West would be a nice route to the 16. Open with Clemson followed by a flaky Arizona. Definitely, doable.

Given the conference tourney title, rpi and record it would seem Marshall will land a 12/13 seed. I would make an educated guess they will be in Boise or San Diego. Outside shot at Wichita. Given it’s been 31 years, I would safely assume Dan and the team would travel to the moon as a 16 seed if that’s what shows up on tv.

I will openly admit I am not a fan of his style but you can’t argue with his success this season. He has kids who play their roles, play as a team and play hard. He works hard to get the most out of them and most games he does a great job of it. As someone who was at their last NCAA game behind the bench, it’s cool to see their logo on the bracket again.

Given the conference tourney title, rpi and record it would seem Marshall will land a 12/13 seed. I would make an educated guess they will be in Boise or San Diego. Outside shot at Wichita. Given it’s been 31 years, I would safely assume Dan and the team would travel to the moon as a 16 seed if that’s what shows up on tv.

I will openly admit I am not a fan of his style but you can’t argue with his success this season. He has kids who play their roles, play as a team and play hard. He works hard to get the most out of them and most games he does a great job of it. As someone who was at their last NCAA game behind the bench, it’s cool to see their logo on the bracket again.

Appreciate your candor. I'm a fan of winning. We're never going to get the big guys the UK's of the world get. Have to improvise and Dan's system does that.

Appreciate your candor. I'm a fan of winning. We're never going to get the big guys the UK's of the world get. Have to improvise and Dan's system does that.

Oh believe me, winning is all that matters but prior to this season (from what I have seen) the old ole D and shoot a quick fast 3 was ugly “basketball.” The results proved the point. However, Dan has adapted to his recruited roster so it’s his job and he will do it the way he wants which is all that matters.

Reactions: Meadowsja
Marshall could knock of My. Kentucky had finally started playing well. If the herd shoots good they could beat a lot of good teams

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Dan has been the head coach for 4 years. His philosophy from the beginning was to be playing well at the end of the season to win the CUSA tournament and go to the NCAA’s.

In his 4 years we got booted first round in year 1, in the semis the second year, the finals the 3rd and the finals again this year and we win it.

He has done this with several WV kids who the majority of our board experts said is a terrible philosophy because you can’t win CUSA with several kids being from WV. He also turned a project like the Euro Penava into an all conference player. Oh yeah I forgot all the Euros suck and are trash according to our experts. Dan is 100% doing what he said he was going to do when he got here. He’s recruiting kids that fits his system and he just won the CUSA tournament to get us into the dance.

I don’t care if we are a 16 seed we will be on the selection show for the first time in 31 years. And it was accomplished by doing it Dan’s way which was a way that all of our Resident Coach K’s said was impossible or they said we had to wait until next year. Which is literally a chant we should change our We Are Marshall chant to. Wait Until.... Next Year!

Well guess what in basketball next year is this year!! And I couldn’t be happier!! I could care less who we play or what our seed is because no matter who it is the majority of people on this board will say we have no chance. But the great thing is we are in and anything can happen.

Just curious, how many Gonzaga games did you watch this year?

Being in LA enough. Before going to MU, I went to LMU so I try to catch a few WCC games live. But any way, all through the WCC they had their moments where they looked vulnerable. Keep in mind the WCC is not exactly a mecca for Basketball. You have Zags, St. Mary and everyone else. There were a couple of games I seen where they started slow. Maybe lulled themselves because of the WCC talent. But Few will have his work cut out for him in this years tourney.

Davidson's win in the Atlantic 10 championship may drop Marshall seed. Davidson was not projected to make the NCAA tournament as an at-large but with the conference championship they steal a bid from one of the last four in, more than likely Arizona State.

Lunardi has updated his bracket to include Davidson in the field and Marshall has dropped to a 13 seed in the Midwest against fourth seed Wichita State in Boise.

I will say this... i dont care if we play Virginia or LIU Brooklyn. Or if the game is in Charleston or Siberia. Im jacked to watch our guys play in the tournament for the first time in my life.

Lunardi has us against Wichita State in Boise in his final update. That would be a great matchup.

That's would be fun, go up against Donnie Jones.

It would not be fun. We wouldnt want to go up against Gregg Marshall considering the way Marcum treated him. That whole fiasco would just make him want to beat us like a drum. No thanks on a Wichita State matchup even though Jones is part of that staff

It would not be fun. We wouldnt want to go up against Gregg Marshall considering the way Marcum treated him. That whole fiasco would just make him want to beat us like a drum. No thanks on a Wichita State matchup even though Jones is part of that staff
Well it is going to happen. Lets go Herd!

Being in LA enough. Before going to MU, I went to LMU so I try to catch a few WCC games live. But any way, all through the WCC they had their moments where they looked vulnerable. Keep in mind the WCC is not exactly a mecca for Basketball. You have Zags, St. Mary and everyone else. There were a couple of games I seen where they started slow. Maybe lulled themselves because of the WCC talent. But Few will have his work cut out for him in this years tourney.

As a Gonzaga fan I feel like this team is underrated and a team that can shock some people.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT