ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA women's bball

Raoul Duke MU

Doctor of Journalism
It's not very often I will tell you to watch a college women's game (but certainly more often than I will tell you to watch the WNBA), but listen here:

Tonight's South Carolina and Iowa matchup (9:30 ET, ESPN) is going to be fun to watch if you are any kind of basketball fan. I often say women's bball isn't the same game as men's, but two players tonight transcend that.

Iowa's Caitlin Clark is a female Steph Curry. Well, she's white so maybe a female Larry Bird, since all white people love Bird, or Pistol Pete. Chick launches shots from anywhere, zero F's given. She has that swagger like Curry and Bird, let's the opponent know they can't do a damn thing about it, she talks shit. Hell of a passer too. 900 pts and 300 assists this season, that's absurd, man or woman. 40 pt triple double against Louisville in the Elite 8. Any basketball purist should enjoy watching her. I have the Big Ten Network for men's sports, but anytime the Iowa women have been on I've watched.

SC's Aliyah Boston. 6'5". Plays like a man, backs defenders down in the paint and over-powers. Two time NCAA defensive player of the year. Has like almost 90 career double doubles, average 2 and a half blocks a game. I'd liken her to Barkley, fun to watch.

A good show here to get you in the mood for tomorrow's men's games.

I watched my first game ever? a few days ago when Tech was playing and I was surprised at how physical they get. They barely call fouls so it’s just scrum after scrum for the ball. Was more entertaining than I expected.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
I watched my first game ever? a few days ago when Tech was playing and I was surprised at how physical they get. They barely call fouls so it’s just scrum after scrum for the ball. Was more entertaining than I expected.
If only they played on mud.

• Haha
Reactions: GeauxHerd
The women can play mean, for sure.

What makes women's college hoops boring in general is a lack of talent, there is a really big spread between the haves and have nots; unlike men's ball, where good teams can lose on any given night. That's not an issue once it's down to the Sweet 16, you see some good stuff.

My 5 year old was rolling around on the ground saying “I’m gonna die” after she realized VT lost. I’m sure that one’s mine.
Yeah, if she was your “herd” half, she would have made that statement before the game started. 😀

Well..hard to beat the sisters back to back

Last edited:
It’s ok even losers can come to the White House.

Oh and get ready for womens basketball to shoved down our throats. That game was watched by 9.9 million people across all 87 espn channels
Odd thing, are some of these sporting spectacles losing interest? Talke to a lot of people and it seems people are paying less and less. Talked to several folks on the golf course last weekend and more than not had not even watched a game of the NCAA tournament. One was a fomer basketball ref and played ball. Said he hadn't watched one minute of the men's tournament. Said he watched 8 games total during the season and that was his favorite college team he watched growing up. None of the others guys had watche, said they didn't care about it anymore. I know I didn't watch much college basketball at all this year. Started paying more attention really in the final 16 and then elite 8. Right now watching the men's game and it is boring me some. If I turned it , not sure I would miss it.

Odd thing, are some of these sporting spectacles losing interest? Talke to a lot of people and it seems people are paying less and less. Talked to several folks on the golf course last weekend and more than not had not even watched a game of the NCAA tournament. One was a fomer basketball ref and played ball. Said he hadn't watched one minute of the men's tournament. Said he watched 8 games total during the season and that was his favorite college team he watched growing up. None of the others guys had watche, said they didn't care about it anymore. I know I didn't watch much college basketball at all this year. Started paying more attention really in the final 16 and then elite 8. Right now watching the men's game and it is boring me some. If I turned it , not sure I would miss it.
Transfer portal and nil and cellphones and politics have a lot to do with that

Reactions: i am herdman
Transfer portal and nil and cellphones and politics have a lot to do with that
I just notifie more and more people don't seem to care or follow less closely. Looked like to me at one or thr final 4 games there were empty seats in the crowd.

There is no longer such a thing as college sports. No school loyalty. No team pride. Too many players sell themselves for the thirty pieces of silver then when the next school offers thirty one, they gladly put on the new colors.

10 million watched the final round of The Masters last year.
Cool beans besides the womens World Cup no one watches womens sports. The powers that be at espn etc will think because of this one game people will want to see women’s pro softball or some other shitty sport now. Just get ready for more womens sports on tv is all I’m saying

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT