ADVERTISEMENT

Need some rain

greengeezer

Platinum Buffalo
Dec 25, 2007
I went out at 6am this morning to plant a tree. It was over 90 degrees yesterday and you can’t work manual labor outside in that kind of weather. The ground is bone dry and as hard as concrete. We are definitely in a mild drought.

Leaves are already starting to change. I wish we could have a couple more months of a mild summer. Of course, after planting that tree, I also wish I was 25 years old again.

Have a good morning!

My beach place had around 15 inches of rain during the last tropical storm. 6 inches of rain or so at home. But, bone dry now. Yard is baked. I don't even water it anymore. Cheaper just to reseed it in the fall.

My beach place had around 15 inches of rain during the last tropical storm. 6 inches of rain or so at home. But, bone dry now. Yard is baked. I don't even water it anymore. Cheaper just to reseed it in the fall.
Worst thing about outdoor watering here is not only does it raise the water bill drastically, it also raised the sewage bill. PSD sewage rates are based on water usage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Worst thing about outdoor watering here is not only does it raise the water bill drastically, it also raise the sewage bill. PSD sewage rates are based on water usage.
A lot of places do that. You are not using the sewer when it runs into the ground, but it is a way to raise rates without raising rates.

Might just be cheaper to AstroTurf the entire yard. No need to mow either.

Worst thing about outdoor watering here is not only does it raise the water bill drastically, it also raise the sewage bill. PSD sewage rates are based on water usage.
I have a second water meter for all outside water to prevent getting billed for sewage.

My lawn is still struggling, even with the lawn irrigation system. It's set to water every other day, but this week I'm running it each day due to high heat levels. All the neighbors who do not have an irrigation system have dead grass for the most part.

We got about 10" in some storms the week before last. It's all dry again.

I don't care about the yard really. I haven't yet figured out how yards work out here, it's a different climate. It had damn near went dormant, and then POW it took off again after those rains, I swear it shot up a foot in two days. I've been trying to let the Bermuda grass just take over, it seems to be the only thing that stays green out here in summer.

We just water the flowers and the garden. We have extensive flowers and plants out front. I'll be taking the garden down this weekend, it's about done. I was disappointed in our tomatoes this year, they were quite small. Again, it's a different climate and soil, I am figuring it out. In the spring we covered it in manure from the stockyard and tilled that up with the ground, you'd think that would be decent nutrients but I guess not.

my yard is actually green, which is mind bottling. (for rifle)

I’m about ready to drop my submersible pump in the river and use that to water. I’m thinking I need a bigger pump to get it all the way up the hill though. Maybe 3hp or so.

my yard is actually green, which is mind bottling. (for rifle)
Don’t purposely make errors now to cover your moronic mistake in the other thread. Nobody believes your claim that you did it on purpose.

I’m about ready to drop my submersible pump in the river and use that to water. I’m thinking I need a bigger pump to get it all the way up the hill though. Maybe 3hp or so.
You could build a sluice at the top of the hill and mine for gold with the runoff water.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT