ADVERTISEMENT

New name for Ft Bragg to be announced tomorrow

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Wish I was joking but apparently not

Sad

With all the shit in the world to be worried about they have bow down to the radicals. Waste of time and nonsense.

This country is doomed

Last edited:
Sources are saying the new name will be Ft Liberty

Hopefully these whack jobs don’t ditch the “All-American” patch as racist. Bragg is the center of the universe. Fort Liberty sounds gay, like a WNBA team.

• Haha
Reactions: ThunderCat98
If people want to hoist Byrd up as a reformed Klan leader, that's fine. People can change. But those same people need to own the fact if they voted for him prior to that

Hopefully these whack jobs don’t ditch the “All-American” patch as racist. Bragg is the center of the universe. Fort Liberty sounds gay, like a WNBA team.
I just told some troops in a text

the message I got back

WTF?

I can't wait till we have soldiers, standing in formation, half of them dressed like Klinger from M*A*S*H

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
They are renaming several others as well.

Names that made the list to have a Fort named after them are:

General and President Dwight D. Eisenhower

General and Secretary of State Colin Powell

Harriett Tubman

Yes, this is a serious list of names.

If Ft Bragg was to be renamed there was some hope for Ft York, named after Sgt Alvin York who served in the 82nd Infantry Division in WW1, prior to being Airborne. But, they decided to go with an expansion WNBA team name.

Powell lied us into Iraq. He's worse than Braxton Bragg who single handedly lost the Western Theater for the South
Gen Swarzkopf made Powell famous. Swarzkopf led the troops, devised the battle plan, and was real leader of men. Powell was the figure head.

The left hated Powell then loved him. Can't figure them out.

Nobody cared about these military base names until recently. Nobody. Not a person.

I always found it funny that the two largest Army bases (Hood and Bragg) were named after scrubs.
I found this on-line. Reading up on Braxton Bragg, he was labeled as the most hated officer in the Confederate Army. His subordinates really didn't like him. He was from Warrenton went to the US Military Academy and served in two prior wars. Retired from the Army and went back to farming. Then, joined the Confederate Army where he was pretty much disliked and ran a terrible campaign in the Carolinas.

But, looks like here might be the answer. Names with nore more than 5 letters. hahahahaha, wow. Camp Taylor would have been too hard.
------------------------------------

At the time, Gen. William J. Snow was the Army’s chief of field artillery, and it was his job to approve the names of the new facilities being set up to train the soldiers pouring into service. Newcity says that in his memoirs, Snow wrote that he told his subordinates the installations should be named for officers who had a connection to the place where they were located, and whose names had no more than five letters.

“Camp Zachary Taylor had been created, and Gen. Snow found it annoying to have to deal with a name that long when he was writing out communications,” Newcity said.

I found this on-line. Reading up on Braxton Bragg, he was labeled as the most hated officer in the Confederate Army. His subordinates really didn't like him. He was from Warrenton went to the US Military Academy and served in two prior wars. Retired from the Army and went back to farming. Then, joined the Confederate Army where he was pretty much disliked and ran a terrible campaign in the Carolinas.

But, looks like here might be the answer. Names with nore more than 5 letters. hahahahaha, wow. Camp Taylor would have been too hard.
------------------------------------

At the time, Gen. William J. Snow was the Army’s chief of field artillery, and it was his job to approve the names of the new facilities being set up to train the soldiers pouring into service. Newcity says that in his memoirs, Snow wrote that he told his subordinates the installations should be named for officers who had a connection to the place where they were located, and whose names had no more than five letters.

“Camp Zachary Taylor had been created, and Gen. Snow found it annoying to have to deal with a name that long when he was writing out communications,” Newcity said.

Not saying there’s not an issue but the last major hurricane to directly hit south Carolina was what Hugo in 89?
Thar was a cat 4. But hurricane Matthew and some others even though weaker messed the area up. A lot of beach area damage.

But there is a political side to this. It has more to do with punishment for South Carolina The lib feds are mad at South Carolina.

Keep weakening the military and turn them in to a fairy force and make guns harder to get and keep. Cripple it economically. We should be easy pickings within a generation.

Keep weakening the military and turn them in to a fairy force and make guns harder to get and keep. Cripple it economically. We should be easy pickings within a generation.
That is what they want. Half the population totally reliant on govt and bam they control everything

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT