ADVERTISEMENT

Next three opponents

andy4theherd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2007
are a combined 4-11... (this week's result)

#150 UNT 2-3 (lost to MTSU)
#133 FAU 1-4 (lost to FIU)
#180 Char 1-4 (lost to ODU)

rankings are Sagarin as of last week

The only achievable goal for this team is to go 6-6 and go to some pre-Christmas bowl. WKU, MTSU, and USM are automatic losses. North Texas and UNCC are automatic wins. That leaves running the table versus the Floridas and ODU.

Don't see it. 5-7/

5 is a distinct possibility , 6 will probably be more like it and if luck prevails 7 might even surface.

Reading multiple post on here today , I like a few others are wondering when the "We are a Young team" will start.

Last edited:
The only achievable goal for this team is to go 6-6 and go to some pre-Christmas bowl. WKU, MTSU, and USM are automatic losses. North Texas and UNCC are automatic wins. That leaves running the table versus the Floridas and ODU.

Don't see it. 5-7/

The only Achievable goal?? Man you must have some low self-esteem.

By the time MTSU and WKU play us I don't know if they will have enough players to field a team. They lose a key starter for the season every week. And Southern Miss, please they can't stop the run period. Talent wise, nobody is more talented than us in CUSA. I'm worried about the lack of winning play calling by the OC.

CUSA is terrible top to bottom.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Im always on the right track Mr greenduke. Did Duke win yesterday? North carolina basketball team is going to get slapped with wrong doings.

we will not lose to all three (WKU, MTSU, S. Miss) .we may end up 7-5 but we are better that our record.But hey I get it, we just lost a hard fought game on the road to a talented ACC school- time to pile on.

LOL. I predicted 7-5 would be a good season and it appears I may be correct.

Awfully young, but the team that's playing now won't be the team that's playing AFTER 3 possible wins in a row.

It is what it is. Still I saw some positives last night.

- we didn't quit
- Chase looked good
- decent play and RB

We SHOULD win out. However, I can see us dropping one of either MTSU or So. Miss., but not both. WKU will beat us because Brohm is a better coach than anyone we have and they own us. If we open up the playbook and run the ball like we did in the 2nd half, we'll be tought to beat.

we will not lose to all three (WKU, MTSU, S. Miss) .we may end up 7-5 but we are better that our record.But hey I get it, we just lost a hard fought game on the road to a talented ACC school- time to pile on.

No, we aren't our record is a great indicator of how we are, which is not that good. But go ahead and feel good about it.

If our guys play the rest of the season like the 2nd half of the game yesterday, Should not lose another game. I am just hoping that happens. I have seen way too many games where 1/2 half of football is good and the other half is bad. Sometimes have pulled the game out and sometimes not. Against WKU, S Miss, and MTSU will have to be a full good game. Everyone else could have a bad half and still pull it out.

Don't see it. 5-7/

Man come on.

This team made huge strides last night at Pitt. We should have played to win in the first half, (i.e. went for it on 4th and short inside the 40 in Pitt Territory), the game would have played out drastically different in the end. I saw a team with ZERO quit and I left the stadium content with what our guys did after the half. COACHING LIMITED US TOO MUCH AT TIMES AND WE NEVER SHOULD HAVE HAD ONLY 1 TIMEOUT LEFT WHEN WE NEEDED TO STOP PITT DOWN 30-27. BUUUUUT, our guys have grit I didn't think they had before. The new pieces will gel, and so be it against the nexxt 3 teams we face. I see this team going 8-4 or 9-3 and taking the division at least.

I just watched the second half again. Boys if we can play like we did in the second half we could go 9-3. Davis runs like Matt Snell greenduke. You will know who I am talking about. Anderson needs to be emo_Oerson boozer

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
we just lost a hard fought game on the road to a talented ACC school- time to pile on.

Really? Pitt isn't that great. I haven't heard anyone refer to them as "talented". Akron is horrible and we lost that one AT HOME. We are horrible right now and probably don't deserve to even be 1-3.

In football, you are what your record says you are. We are 1-3, 0-3 versus legitimate competition.

North Texas is bad. Their only legit win is 2 OT vesus 0-5 Rice. Win.
FAU is bad. Their only win is vesus a I-AA. Win.
UNCC is awful. Their only win is also versus a I-AA A bad I-AA. Win.

This is about where the delusional "we have matured/come together/figured it out" stuff starts.

Southern Miss is not bad. They beat Kentucky which is you are going to let the Spamies count Missouri, then UK counts as an SEC win too. Their only loss is to Troy whose only loss is to possible national champion Clemson on the road by 6 points. Loss. Bad loss.

ODU is an unknow quantity. It beat joke programs Hampton and UNCC and bad UTSA. Lost to NC State and a probably pretty good Appy State. This is probably the game that decides things. Probably a win.

Middle is not bad. Their only loss is to SEC Vandy. Beat a MACer, and a pretty good LA Tech team. Loss.

FIU is a joke. Still they beat FAU and two of their losses are to team technically in the Big 10. Still easy win.

WKU is the class of this conference. Lost in overtime to SEC Vandy and gave Alabama a good game considering. Beat a MACer. Rest of their schedule tells us nothing. Loss.

That makes 6-6 the best possible outcome. That involves beating everybody we are supposed to and finding a way to beat ODU. That is what the actual, non-delusional, factual situation is.

Did we play that much better in the 2nd half or did Pitt lose some focus and intensity following halftime?

Moral Victory U....we are world beaters in the 2nd half....and still lose.

Thank god we play in a shitty league.

Really? Pitt isn't that great. I haven't heard anyone refer to them as "talented". Akron is horrible and we lost that one AT HOME. We are horrible right now and probably don't deserve to even be 1-3.

Running down the team that beat you doesn't help.

Don't see it. 5-7/
Have you seen WKU, MTSU, and USM play? They aren't very good either and 2 of 3 are at home. By the time we play WKU and MTSU, we should be a much more experienced team so I like our chances to win both those games. The USM game is also winnable as they haven't looked good either, but the game is in Hattiesburg so it won't be easy. 8-9 wins certainly doable with the remaining schedule.

5 is a distinct possibility , 6 will probably be more like it and if luck prevails 7 might even surface.

Reading multiple post on here today , I like a few others are wondering when the "We are a Young team" will start.
Have you looked at the 2-deep, we are a very young team, and said that at the start of the season. Only 20 of 44 2-deep players are upperclassmen, we only have 7 SR starters while having 12 underclassmen starters with 3 FR. It gets worse, only 24 of 63 players that have played were upperclassmen while we also played 21 FR players, of which, 7 were T-FR. Hell, the defense lost 8 starters from last year's team and 7 were multi-year starters and all 8 were in the program for at least 3-4 years. We could have beat Pitt and the big disappointments were the Akron performance and Litton being out for the Louisville game. We are 1-3 but were projected by most experts to be 2-2 so we are 1 game behind where we thought we would be. Let's see where we are after the S. Miss game before we call the season a failure.

The delusion level here is USPAM (currently the Spamie are posting and ACTUALLY BELIEVE, "their" team will win that there national champieeenship) like. I have always thought that living in the real world was the main seperator between Herd fans and Spamites.

Maybe not.

Reality:

This is not a good football team. Not at all. The main challenge is to keep the team focused though the certain losses so we do not blow a game we MUST win if we want to go to one of these ginned up ESPN bowls. 6-6 is the best we can hope for. And that only on the weak assed nature of some teams we play.

The delusion level here is USPAM (currently the Spamie are posting and ACTUALLY BELIEVE, "their" team will win that there national champieeenship) like. I have always thought that living in the real world was the main seperator between Herd fans and Spamites.

Maybe not.

Reality:

This is not a good football team. Not at all. The main challenge is to keep the team focused though the certain losses so we do not blow a game we MUST win if we want to go to one of these ginned up ESPN bowls. 6-6 is the best we can hope for. And that only on the weak assed nature of some teams we play.

That is your opinion and one that seems to not look at just how good the teams are that we play. Go put on the tape, WKU, MTSU, and USM aren't very good and we play them later in the year when our young players will have much more experience.

WKU, MTSU, and USM are solidly mediocre teams. WKU is probably the best team in CUSA this year, but it hard to know because several other solidly mediocre CUSA teams have played big time programs where they had no shot and might challenge. MU is a bad team, Among the 30 or so worst teams this year. We have no shot at beating any of those three teams. We should win the next 3 weeks and also beat FIU, none of which is much of an acomplishment. That leaves ODU as the must win to have a winning season and go to a bowl. ODU has the edge as it is playing at home and will be coming off playing hapless UTEP, and we will be traveling (probably a bus trip, don't know) after a beat down by USM.

I've seen WKU. Unless they have some serious injuries by the time they get to us....they WILL be good.

Frankly, They have better talent on both sides of the ball. Their WRs are big targets with speed. They will wear our secondary out if we get no pressure on their 1st year starting QB. Another big RB too.

Until I see our offense actually show some kind of consistency. I'll give the edge to almost any well coached Dfense.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Really? They lost 2 very close games to 2 good teams. UNC who is 4-1-a team that just beat Fl State. They also lost a nail biter to Oklahoma State which despite having a game stolen from them is also a good team. Is Pitt elite? No. Are they good yes. Akron is not good.... notice I didn't mention them in my post, try again

Reactions: ialwaysknow
We are bad folks. The program has slid and this team is not even mediocre. A winning season would be nice at the point or even a .500 season.

Reactions: The Real SamC

Pitt is pretty solid. Their problem is they can't stop the pass. But, they just took UNC to the wire a week before playing us and UNC just knocked off FSU. Pitt isn't world beaters but the are solid. They'll go bowling for sure.

Don't build up the teams that beat us. Fact is the so-called HBCU leagues don't even belong in I-AA. That score is meaningless. I believe that there are regular students at Marshall, who with a week of practice, could have beat Morgan State. Akron is a middle level MAC team which will finish about 3rd or 4th in its division and go to some meaningless bowl. Louisville is a very good, but not great team, as Clemson showed us. They drew an easy schedule the rest of the way in the way too expanded ACC, and might go 11-1, and might even play in the ACC championship is FSU can right itself or Clemson has a case of "clemsoning" somewhere else, but it would finish about 5th in the SEC West. Pitt is mediocre, and was totally exposed by a bad Oklahoma State and a better than usual (still not that great) UNC team.

Fact is this team is 1-3 and if it played a legit I-AA might be 0-4. It should be 4-3 in three weeks (anything less is the team has just quit) but that does not mean anything. The beat downs resume on the 29th. This team just is not very good.

Don't build up the teams that beat us. Fact is the so-called HBCU leagues don't even belong in I-AA. That score is meaningless. I believe that there are regular students at Marshall, who with a week of practice, could have beat Morgan State. Akron is a middle level MAC team which will finish about 3rd or 4th in its division and go to some meaningless bowl. Louisville is a very good, but not great team, as Clemson showed us. They drew an easy schedule the rest of the way in the way too expanded ACC, and might go 11-1, and might even play in the ACC championship is FSU can right itself or Clemson has a case of "clemsoning" somewhere else, but it would finish about 5th in the SEC West. Pitt is mediocre, and was totally exposed by a bad Oklahoma State and a better than usual (still not that great) UNC team.

Fact is this team is 1-3 and if it played a legit I-AA might be 0-4. It should be 4-3 in three weeks (anything less is the team has just quit) but that does not mean anything. The beat downs resume on the 29th. This team just is not very good.

Not building up the teams that beat us. I agree Morgan State is possibly the worst college football team I've ever watched and I had a cousin play at West Liberty so I watched a lot of D2 WVIAC football while he was there and Morgan State was worse than all of them.

Akron, is Akron. That game is an embarrassment, to this team and to this program. Even if Akron would somehow win the MAC championship (I agree they won't) getting trounced like that, at home, by them isn't acceptable.

But, you may be underselling our other two opponents a bit. Like I said, Pitt isn't world beaters but they are a solid team, could be a lot better team if their secondary wasn't trash. They have a stout run game and a DE who may be the best in college football (lead's the nations in sacks at the moment). They are 8 points away from being undefeated. Ok State isn't a bad team either. They have a bad loss to Central Michigan (which technically shouldn't have been a loss since the refs blew the call. But, that's what the Cowboys get for even letting that game get close) but their only other loss is to undefeated Baylor. OK State will likely win 8 games playing far better competition than we play. UNC will most likely win 9 games and since they avoid both Clemson and Louisville during the regular season the Tar Heels will most likely play in the ACC title game. So, in my opinion, Pitt doesn't have a bad loss. Again, they aren't anything special because that god-awful secondary they have is going to hold them back. But, they're a pretty solid team

And Louisville is one of the top 8 teams in the country this year. I don't think they are an "all-time" great team. But, they are a great team as far as 2016 goes, which is shaping up to be a bit of a down year in CFB.

I've seen WKU. Unless they have some serious injuries by the time they get to us....they WILL be good.

Frankly, They have better talent on both sides of the ball. Their WRs are big targets with speed. They will wear our secondary out if we get no pressure on their 1st year starting QB. Another big RB too.

Until I see our offense actually show some kind of consistency. I'll give the edge to almost any well coached Dfense.

WKU has lot several starters to season ending injuries - unfortunately. You hate to see any kid get hurt.

Hard to beat anyone when your starting qb has a concussion and the coaches missed that. The result was maybe the worst quarter "2nd: in the history of marshall football and we played them with zero offense after chase took tat hit. Chase played well against Pitt. yet i am not willing to call him one of our greatest like the kool aid drinkers. Im afraid he cant the hits in a D1 game. Hope he turns out to be a pro prospect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT