ADVERTISEMENT

NHR: ECU loses at home to JMU by 20

It is lateral enough. It would be like jumping from Rice to Mid Tennesee.. success wise much better, career wise not exactly the giant move coaches are looking for. MOST coaches dont make small jumps.
Rice to MT is a lateral move. Same conference, about the same money, and Rice has actually been more successful than MT in CUSA.

Reactions: The Real SamC
That's horseshit. We are a top-10 G5 program in terms of facilities and program support and history, and While we are not in a great conference, CUSA is better than an FCS conference.

Facilities yes, winning yes, MONEY- NO. Believe it or not we are LOSING money every year.

No I dont think JMU is in the AAC, I just know they are better than most teams this year IN the AAC, which means no one is going to jump from a school outplaying the AAC to a school that can barely pay their own staff as it is and is having financial trouble out the wazoo... thats a FACT. I hate it, but it IS the case... like I said- cool story bro

You think nobody would jump from JMU (an FCS with a head coaching salary of $375,000) to Marshall (an FBS with a head coaching salary of $750,000+)? Every single FCS coach - outside of perhaps some at Ivys - would jump from that situation at JMU to Marshall. You're clueless.

If you don't think JMU to Marshall is a big enough jump to entice a top FCS coach, what program do you think would entice him?

A coach and program that dominated FCS - Craig Bohls at NDSU - left for Wyoming. Wyoming is in a better conference than Marshall, but it doesn't have a better program. Bobby Hauck went from a great FCS (Montana) to a bad FBS (UNLV). Trent Miles went from an average FCS (Indiana State) to an awful FBS (Georgia State). We could give examples all day.

Hell, look at JMU two years ago. They had a head coach who had back-to-back 9-4 seasons and then left for Texas State. So, you're argument is that a JMU head coach wouldn't leave for a program like Marshall because it is a lateral move, yet a coach left two years ago from JMU for Texas State.

Stay clueless.
as both are top-3 in their respective conferences this year.

No to both of those.

You think nobody would jump from JMU (an FCS with a head coaching salary of $375,000) to Marshall (an FBS with a head coaching salary of $750,000+)? Every single FCS coach - outside of perhaps some at Ivys - would jump from that situation at JMU to Marshall. You're clueless.

If you don't think JMU to Marshall is a big enough jump to entice a top FCS coach, what program do you think would entice him?

A coach and program that dominated FCS - Craig Bohls at NDSU - left for Wyoming. Wyoming is in a better conference than Marshall, but it doesn't have a better program. Bobby Hauck went from a great FCS (Montana) to a bad FBS (UNLV). Trent Miles went from an average FCS (Indiana State) to an awful FBS (Georgia State). We could give examples all day.

Hell, look at JMU two years ago. They had a head coach who had back-to-back 9-4 seasons and then left for Texas State. So, you're argument is that a JMU head coach wouldn't leave for a program like Marshall because it is a lateral move, yet a coach left two years ago from JMU for Texas State.

Stay clueless.

I guess we will see how much Marshall is willing to dish out for a new coach if they let Doc go. 750K... I doubt it. Money is getting smaller every year.

It is lateral enough. It would be like jumping from Rice to Mid Tennesee

Actually, you do KNOW that I-A and I-AA are different levels, right?

In any event, if you bother to look it up, JMU's budget is 80% subsidy, which you would term "losing money".

JMU is fine school. I will leave it to its (60% female, BTW) student body whether it thinks that $1332/year in athletic fees to watch I-AA football and one-bid league basketball is worth it. But nobody is confusing the place with Texas.

guys I smell a troll...eerdiot maybe.

he's been here a few weeks, talks out his ass, throws a few fan comments up here and there, mentions a couple of times he still burned up over the wvu loss in 2010, and now this. either a troll or we have some herd fans every bit as stupid as eerdiots.

he's been here a few weeks, talks out his ass, throws a few fan comments up here and there, mentions a couple of times he still burned up over the wvu loss in 2010, and now this. either a troll or we have some herd fans every bit as stupid as eerdiots.

Yes I'm a WVU fan. Morons. That's your answer to anyone who has a different opinion.

You're the idiot. Fool

That's your answer to anyone who has a different opinion.

"Opinion" - A view or judgement formed about something. Ex: "It is my opinion that strawberry is better than vanilla."

"Wrong" - Not correct or true. Ex: "Seattle is the capitol of Washington."

Your posts about FCS/I-AA and FBS/I-A are just plain wrong. Not opinions, just wrong.

As to the troll issue, I will reserve judgement, but not understanding I-AA's and the G5's makeup is a common Spamite idiocy.

Yes I'm a WVU fan.

Good job on smoking the rat out of the hole.

Reactions: 19MU88
Any one totally bored can scroll back through his post the last few weeks. He's clever as far as eerdiots go, but the stinch of eershit is strong

Any one totally bored can scroll back through his post the last few weeks. He's clever as far as eerdiots go, but the stinch of eershit is strong
Well, you know why the good Lord made Eer Fans stink so bad... it's so blind people can hate them as well.

hey just ask us what promotions are going on and you will mix right in

hey just ask us what promotions are going on and you will mix right in

I think you're the troll. Trolling all my posts trying to find something to dig at while you post total nonsense. My guess is you're like some mid 50s age loser with no one to talk to so you try to create conversation by insulting others.

Thompson was forced on Hamrick by your board as Hamrick wanted to hire Doc and was denied. As for MU fans not likely ECU fans, for several years ECU fans came on here belittling and snubbing their noses at our fans and programs so we grew to hate most of the pompous assholes your fanbase includes.
You seem like an angry person that isn't very nice. Fortunately, I have met several Herders that are friendly and fun. I hope to meet more at the NC State game.

This is a bit off subject, but it is about one of y'alls alumni. The first time I heard Randy Moss speak it freaked me out a little, cause I was caught off guard by that southern/country sounding accent of his. He sounds so different than all the other commentators. I don't know many West Virginians so is that a common accent among them? I'm from NC, so I'm around southern accents. Anyway, I like his commentary on ESPN. He's a smart guy.

Reactions: chuck1069
This is a bit off subject, but it is about one of y'alls alumni. The first time I heard Randy Moss speak it freaked me out a little, cause I was caught off guard by that southern/country sounding accent of his. He sounds so different than all the other commentators. I don't know many West Virginians so is that a common accent among them? I'm from NC, so I'm around southern accents. Anyway, I like his commentary on ESPN. He's a smart guy.

Randy's accent is much thicker than most WVians. He puts allot of twang in there.

Reactions: All4TheHerd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT