ADVERTISEMENT

NIL/ Glenns Sporting Goods and NIL

Jul 27, 2021
I remember months ago it was announced that Marshall had partnered with a business that worked on behalf of the University to secure NIL deals for their athletes. Has anyone seen any NIL deals for Marshall athletes? I read about them every day at other institutions and it appears to me Marshall is behind on the times.
How about a business like Glenns Sporting Goods? Glenns has a deal in place with the University to sell Marshall products. Glenns makes a profit off the sale of these products. Marshall receives a profit when Glenns sells Marshall gear. I would think the student athlete should figure into the equation as well and make some money. I thought that was what NIL was about.

Not only Glenn's. When any business sells items with the Marshall logo on it, the university benefits. I believe you have to be licensed to sell MU items.

NIL is about paying the players. It is a subterfuge. There is no one who is paying a player for NIL that actually expects to turn an actual profit on the matter. That is not the point. They just want to beat the other team.

Reactions: RhinoD
NIL is about paying the players. It is a subterfuge. There is no one who is paying a player for NIL that actually expects to turn an actual profit on the matter. That is not the point. They just want to beat the other team.
Bingo... You want to compete with the big boys, you have Nike, Exxon, Coca Cola, etc pumping money into your NIL... Glenn's and the other business above a re great local Herd supporters, we as fans should support their businesses, etc. But they aren't running an NIL collaborative that is going to amount to anything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT