ADVERTISEMENT

No ice cream

greengeezer

Platinum Buffalo
Dec 25, 2007
A few days ago, I was having an iced tea at a local McDonald’s. I noticed that their ice cream machine was pulled out from its usual location against the wall and unplugged. It made me realize that I never order any frozen dessert products there because the machines are always out of service.

Later that day, I was scanning articles online to find something to read. An article titled “Why you can’t buy ice cream at McDonald’s “ caught my attention. The young writer had gone to a number of McDonald’s in his area trying to buy ice cream and found all the machines were out of service.

With some additional research, the writer discovered that at any one time, 15% of McDonald’s machines nationwide are out of service. The industry standard is less than 1%.

A company named Taylor has and exclusive contract with McDonald’s to provide and service ice cream machines. Only their tech people can provide service without voiding the warranty. When a machine shuts down, the usual response at the store is “call the guy.”

Each service call can cost the owner of the store hundreds of dollars and in Taylor’s yearly report, they list 25% of their profits as coming from repair services.

Yesterday, I met a friend in Beckley at the Golden Coral for lunch. When I walked over to the dessert section, they had a soft serve ice cream machine with a flashing red light and a hand lettered sign that read “Machine Broken.”

I laughed out loud when I read the nameplate on the machine: TAYLOR.

Conspiracy!!

Last edited:
A few days ago, I was having an iced tea at a local McDonald’s. I noticed that their ice cream machine was pulled out from its usual location against the wall and unplugged. It made me realize that I never order any frozen dessert products there because the machines are always out of service.

Later that day, I was scanning articles online to find something to read. An article titled “Why you can’t buy ice cream at McDonald’s “ caught my attention. The young writer had gone to a number of McDonald’s in his area trying to buy ice cream and found all the machines were out of service.

With some additional research, the writer discovered that at any one time, 15% of McDonald’s machines nationwide are out of service. The industry standard is less than 1%.

A company named Taylor has and exclusive contract with McDonald’s to provide and service ice cream machines. Only their tech people can provide service without voiding the warranty. When a machine shuts down, the usual response at the store is “call the guy.”

Each service call can cost the owner of the store hundreds of dollars and in Taylor’s yearly report, they list 25% of their profits as coming from repair services.

Yesterday, I met a friend in Beckley at the Golden Coral for lunch. When I walked over to the dessert section, they had a soft serve ice cream machine with a flashing red light and a hand lettered sign that read “Machine Broken.”

I laughed out loud when I read the nameplate on the machine: TAYLOR.

Conspiracy!!
Tell me your obese without telling me you’re obese

Six three, 205. You judge.
you-fat-ass-kyle-broflovski.gif

• Haha
Reactions: greengeezer
McDonalds corporate gets a kickback on those repair fees from Taylor. It’s why they don’t change vendors even though the machines are crap.

Another ice cream conspiracy, it is near impossible to own a profitable Cold Stone franchise. It’s because the company requires you to buy an overkill equipment package and replace equipment on a schedule. The company just so happens to own the equipment business.

Reactions: greengeezer
An elementary school math teacher asked her class one day, "If there are three birds on a wire, and a farmer shot one, how many are left?"

One little boy said two, but little Sally, realizing it was a trick question, said, "None, 'cause everyone knows that if you shoot at birds they all fly away." The teacher congratulates her on her correct answer.

Little Johnny, however, disagreed. He said, "No, there would be one -- the one that the farmer shot."

The teacher replied, "No, Johnny, you're wrong, but I like the way you think."

"OK, teacher, I have a riddle for you," boasted Johnny. "Let's say three women are at a bar and they each order a single scoop ice cream cone. The first one eats it by gently licking it around the edges, the second slowly sucks the ice cream off the cone from the top, and the third gobbles the top and then sucks the rest out of the cone. Which one is married?"

After a few seconds of contemplation, the teacher replied, "Well, I think it must be the third, the one that gobbles the top and sucks out the inside."

Johnny responded, "No, teacher, you're wrong -- it's the one with the wedding ring. But I like the way you think."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT