ADVERTISEMENT

North Texas

Dec 16, 2009
Cabell midland could beat North Texas. Hope Doc doesn't run up the score on 0-6 team. They are horrible!

I don't think there is any concern with that as we are being ultra-conservative in the 2nd half again. To be honest, it is getting f'ing ridiculous !

if you are going to be this conservative with the starters, put in the 2nd line play the offense and let them learn the offense by playing in a game.

Reactions: jeremycriss
We have a very poor offense, with or without Birdsong. Litton is not exactly lighting up the scoreboard either. Our OL play may be the worse at MU in a long time and our WRs seem to have difficulty getting separation. Of course having DJ perpetually injured has hurt us offensively. Luckily, except for USM, every offense we've played is worse than ours. QB play of our opposition has been awful. One of those subpar teams, OU, managed to beat us at their place. Our defense has been good (not great). They give up a lot of yardage to weak offenses but are adept at causing turnovers and making stops when the game is on the line. I hope our offense comes around soon or we may have trouble competing with the better teams left on our schedule.

Reactions: HerdFan73
Litton needs a lot of work. Mechanics are not good. He has to work hard in the offseason of we are to be really good in 2016.

Reactions: coalguy
Litton's tool box is full but he has alot work to do in order to be a great QB.My guess would be that they are probably not using half the offense in their play book.If you watch him real close you'll see he misses defensive reads and at time loses his receivers.Even with all that for a true freshman he has done a great job.He's a winner and he will only get better.

Not using half the plays in the play book? We only have 12 plays to begin with! Unless this kids IQ is double digits it shouldn't be that fvcking hard to figure out.

The thing about the plays we do run is this.. they each have about 3 or 4 reads on them and he has to be able to make those 3 or 4 reads in just a couple of seconds.. No matter your IQ it isn't an easy tasks especially for a freshman.. He has looked no worse than Cato did his freshman season and give him time and allow him to grow.. We'll be fine under center.. However, I'm growing more concerned with our receiving core with each passing game.. This should have been one that Allen and the rest lit it up and made Chase's job easy.. But, the group just isn't getting open consistently

Even with our struggles on offense, a freshman quarterback, and a young team, we're still 7-1. In a down year. I would've loved to have had a year like this when I was still at Marshall.

That said, next year shoul be a lot of fun. A lot more experience on the team and two ACC teams on the docket? The cards are laid out to make a run for the access bowl and a high ranking, particularly if we pull off a third straight season with 10+ wins this year.

Even with our struggles on offense, a freshman quarterback, and a young team, we're still 7-1. In a down year. I would've loved to have had a year like this when I was still at Marshall.
That said, next year shoul be a lot of fun. A lot more experience on the team and two ACC teams on the docket? The cards are laid out to make a run for the access bowl and a high ranking, particularly if we pull off a third straight season with 10+ wins this year.

Hopefully, as Litton grows more comfortable and improves, Doc and Legg will diversify our passing schemes and routes more. I mean, right now, we throw about 70% plus on out routes. As Chase becomes more polished and works on his mechanics, hopefully we'll see a lot more crossing routes, seam routes, post patterns, etc. He missed a few out passes badly today, on plays where we have 2 receivers running out patterns at different depths. Couple of times he threw between the 2 receivers. Of course, that is not to say that one, or both, receivers ran correct routes. On the series where NTSU's punter pinned us at about the half yard line, we had a 3 and out. The third down play was a possession play where we needed to reach close to the 11 yard line for a first down. Well, we ran an out pattern and I'll be damn if the receiver didn't run a down and out to about the 9 yard line. Pass was incomplete, but even if complete, play was right at the side line and receiver would not have made the necessary yards. That's on the receiver and receivers coach: possession down and receiver doesn't even go to the sticks before making the out cut!!

Back to Chase, he barely missed on a couple long seam bombs. One he threw right on the nose from mid field and receiver (Allen?) made great catch but at back of end zone and out of bounds. Still a beautiful play! So, in long run as Chase, and receivers, improve with time and practice and get more familiar with each other, our offensive prospects are quite bright, passing wise!

Last edited:
I know that I'm really looking forward to future seasons with Litton at the helm! This is exactly the way I like to see a new freshman QB - 6-0, mistakes and all!

We have a very poor offense, with or without Birdsong. Litton is not exactly lighting up the scoreboard either. Our OL play may be the worse at MU in a long time and our WRs seem to have difficulty getting separation. Of course having DJ perpetually injured has hurt us offensively. Luckily, except for USM, every offense we've played is worse than ours. QB play of our opposition has been awful. One of those subpar teams, OU, managed to beat us at their place. Our defense has been good (not great). They give up a lot of yardage to weak offenses but are adept at causing turnovers and making stops when the game is on the line. I hope our offense comes around soon or we may have trouble competing with the better teams left on our schedule.
WE WONT BEAT MTSU OR WKU. they are better

Speaking of the QB position. Why the hell do we not have a QB Coach?

The QB position is arguably the most important position of the offense and we don't have a coach for it?

cato was far smater than litton.

Idk how anyone could say Cato was far smarter than Litton.. Don't compare him to senior Rakeem Cato compare him to Freshman Cato.. Litton has been smarter with the football than Cato was as a Freshman.. Cato threw 11 INTs as a freshman against only 15 TDs and completed 59% of his passes.. Litton to this point has completed 57% of his passes with 12 TDs and ONLY 4 ints.. He has been very good at protecting the football, something dumb QBs don't do.. And Litton also doesn't have WRs as good as Dobson or Antavious Wilson to throw to either.

Speaking of the QB position. Why the hell do we not have a QB Coach?

The QB position is arguably the most important position of the offense and we don't have a coach for it?
We do have a QB coach. His name is Bill Legg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT