ADVERTISEMENT

Nov. 12 will make 1 year since Doc beat a team with a pulse

Stats and records like that are why I have completely lost faith in Holliday. They also bring to light why no big school bothered to pick up the phone and call Huntington when Holliday was the head of 10 win seasons. Those ADs and big wigs knew that it was all smoke and mirrors.

I think he interviewed for Pitt, but they knew better than to buy into the hype of Cato's last year and what will be our best season ever under Doc.

He and Legg will retire together and spend the rest of their days fvcking up whatever else in life they get their hands on.

Reactions: goherdorgohome2
I think he interviewed for Pitt, but they knew better than to buy into the hype of Cato's last year and what will be our best season ever under Doc.

He and Legg will retire together and spend the rest of their days fvcking up whatever else in life they get their hands on.

Where is Jim Donnan hiding out? Please come to Huntington and save the future.

When Doc was at WVU, he built his value on recruiting, especially in Florida. He couldn't coach a lick, but wanted to be respected as a coach and wanted to be promoted. Dandy Don responded with more cash and titles, but wouldn't give him a coordinator job. He left for NC State and had the same result. Florida, same deal. When he came back to WVU, he was made assistant head coach, but was only given charge of tight ends......in a spread offense. Marshall was the only shot he ever had at a head coaching job. I actually thought that he could be good if, his experience would allow him to recognize and recruit good assistant coaches and if his recruiting prowess could get enough talent to overwhelm CUSA teams. The 10 win season, I thought he had it going. But then last year.......I just dont know.

Honestly and this is the truth! Cato and Schuler with the help of Devon Johnson and a couple others made Doc and Legg look like geniuses! Oh and the bright spot IMO is coach Heater. Just think about how much offensive power we had, Cato was a damn WINNER and knew how to make things happen. I'm afraid if things don't change we won't see that for a while unless we find some kids that can flat out make things happen. Those players are special and only come around once in a while

Honestly and this is the truth! Cato and Schuler with the help of Devon Johnson and a couple others made Doc and Legg look like geniuses! Oh and the bright spot IMO is coach Heater. Just think about how much offensive power we had, Cato was a damn WINNER and knew how to make things happen. I'm afraid if things don't change we won't see that for a while unless we find some kids that can flat out make things happen. Those players are special and only come around once in a while

Doc would have had another stellar season had he kicked Rippon's but to the curb sooner. The defense lost quite a few games that year.

But to Eerfool's point, Doc was able to out gun the other teams with talented athletes. It's just that C-USA quickly started catching up and now it comes back down to coaching.

Honestly, Doc should go out on top. Not that he's on top, but I don't see his record getting any better. He should quit sooner than later to leave a record to be proud of.

Doc would have had another stellar season had he kicked Rippon's but to the curb sooner. The defense lost quite a few games that year.

But to Eerfool's point, Doc was able to out gun the other teams with talented athletes. It's just that C-USA quickly started catching up and now it comes back down to coaching.

Honestly, Doc should go out on top. Not that he's on top, but I don't see his record getting any better. He should quit sooner than later to leave a record to be proud of.

Crazy thing, Rippon was suggested to Doc by Chad Pennington.

A reason for Doc not getting many calls is because of his age. At this point he either quits or gets fired. He's a bit of a younger person when compared to Saban who is 66 or Solich who is over 70 but he ain't gettin younger and its the young coaches willing to move around.

Man...thinking about it, if Doc had Heater on the defense when he got hired, that damn wvu series would have been different in the end.

Crazy thing, Rippon was suggested to Doc by Chad Pennington.

A reason for Doc not getting many calls is because of his age. At this point he either quits or gets fired. He's a bit of a younger person when compared to Saban who is 66 or Solich who is over 70 but he ain't gettin younger and its the young coaches willing to move around.

Man...thinking about it, if Doc had Heater on the defense when he got hired, that damn wvu series would have been different in the end.
I dont know about Chad, but I am pretty sure it was Steve Dunlap that recommended Rippon to Doc.

Reactions: pdbailey
I dont know about Chad, but I am pretty sure it was Steve Dunlap that recommended Rippon to Doc.

I've read Chad did too. He was quoted talking about Rippon when Doc first got his staff together. I dunno, my memory is crap from lack of sleep...I'll try to confirm it though.

I've read Chad did too. He was quoted talking about Rippon when Doc first got his staff together. I dunno, my memory is crap from lack of sleep...I'll try to confirm it though.
as mentioned I dont know about Chad. I do know Rippon and Dunlap coached together at Syracuse, and of course Doc and Dunlap coached together. Thats all.

Let's be honest, we only won that game last year because Stockstill went down the week before. Hell, I'm not sure we'd have won this year if he wasn't injured.

Where is Jim Donnan hiding out? Please come to Huntington and save the future.

I was only playing an April Fools joke.

I like Doc...I support he likes Marshall....my humble opinion.

* we need a creative new Offensive Plan

* we need to replace the hand-held sideline Poster Board showing Mickey Mouse, Stewards Hotdogs, John Marshall & Jennifer Lopez {no--lets keep her} and other photos in the large squares that we use to signal our players and confuse the opposing defense. (1) Run left for 1 yard.....(2) run left again to gain another yard....(3) 3rd & 8 yards to go....QB (looking to the sideline Poster Board focusing on Jennifer Lopez.... or the player in the Pink hat..... (almost running out the play clock)... heaves a long pass to a blanketed receiver for no gain......(4) PUNT.........(5) Bring on the Defense to "hold that line."

Marshall Offense 101.....stolen or sold from the Kappa Alpha Order Intramural Football Playbook (1969).

HE HE HE...See ya at the next game.......

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Im amazed .. that so many people can finally see just how bad our offense is..! Bill legg needs to just quit..! Bill I’ll be there Saturday with my Marshall shirt on find me and I’ll call all the plays for you... it isn’t hard but I’ll have your guys doing walk throughs in between possession..!!

And a heads up when it’s 3rd and 1 I will put 6’6 230lb chase litton under center and let him stretch for it or might fake the sneak don’t know yet I’ll decide went I need to.....

Bill legg quit so doc don’t have to fire you..!

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
As painful as it is to say, I would almost rather lose out the rest of the games so a change might actually take place for the greater good of the team.. rather than win a few more and re-live this same episode again next year.

As painful as it is to say, I would almost rather lose out the rest of the games so a change might actually take place for the greater good of the team.. rather than win a few more and re-live this same episode again next year.
Did you see what happened last year? There were no changes. Bill Legg and Doc are a package deal along with the Athletid Director. The school President, whoever that is, apparnetly has no nads either. In his defense he is somewhat new on the job, but he should look around the stadium.

They are setting up their retirement accounts.

Reactions: marshallisqbu
Dunlap was the Rippon connection. Chad recommended Tony Peterson. Doc spoke openly about his discussions with Chad.

Did you see what happened last year? There were no changes. Bill Legg and Doc are a package deal along with the Athletid Director. The school President, whoever that is, apparnetly has no nads either. In his defense he is somewhat new on the job, but he should look around the stadium.

They are setting up their retirement accounts.

I'm afraid this is the reality, especially after Doc was given an extension that wasn't needed. With that extension I don't think the school can afford to make a change for a couple more seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT