ADVERTISEMENT

Obama to skip funeral of Scalia

Clinton didn't go to Marshalls funeral he sent al gore. Of the last 7 Supreme Court justice funerals the potus or vp have only attended 4 of them. However 6 of those funerals were judges that had already retired from the court. Rehnquist was the only sitting judge and gw bush attended his funeral

Last edited:
The president would like to express regret that he can't attend the funeral of Scalia, as that is the day he has long prepared to invade Texas.

Reactions: NKY_HerdFan
Clinton didn't go to Marshalls funeral he sent al gore. Of the last 7 Supreme Court justice funerals the potus or vp have only attended 4 of them. However 6 of those funerals were judges that had already retired from the court. Rehnquist was the only sitting judge and gw bush attended his funeral
Bush attended & also eulogized Rehnquist.

He's attending a ceremony for a guy that just got a promotion from the back of the garbage truck to driver

Look I get it. However you have to admit that he seems to have time to do a whole bunch of insignificant stuff(not talking about vacations), while skipping out on important stuff.

I did not bring that up. Since you did let's not forget 4 Americans died that day.

Let's not forget thousands of Americans died fighting an unnecessary war to rid Iraq of nonexistent wmds and non existent al queda in Iraq.

But.......B E N G H A Z I !!

Yeah, that was when there were no liberals posting and conservatives were swapping spit and calling it a discussion.

Reactions: Herd Fever
Look I get it. However you have to admit that he seems to have time to do a whole bunch of insignificant stuff(not talking about vacations), while skipping out on important stuff.
Let's not forget thousands of Americans died fighting an unnecessary war to rid Iraq of nonexistent wmds and non existent al queda in Iraq.

But.......B E N G H A Z I !!
Once again you change the subject. Maybe you could tell me why he has time to visit an activist from BLM in Baltimore on Friday than go to Scalais funeral

Once again you change the subject. Maybe you could tell me why he has time to visit an activist from BLM in Baltimore on Friday than go to Scalais funeral

In all the time that Obama and I spend discussing important matters, he has not confided in me as to why he will attend the viewing but not attend the funeral. In the mean time perhaps you could tell us why Scalia found time to go quail hunting but not attend State of the Union addresses.

Reactions: Herd Fever
In all the time that Obama and I spend discussing important matters, he has not confided in me as to why he will attend the viewing but not attend the funeral. In the mean time perhaps you could tell us why Scalia found time to go quail hunting but not attend State of the Union addresses.
because hunting duck is more important than listening to a blow hard talk about nothing

Scalia skipped like 20 state of the unions in a row. And those things aren't exactly exciting. Hell Ginsberg had to drink her way through it and passed out.

scalia was a very poor justice. he voted against
we the people and for large corps. on every occasion.
he does not deserve the presidents attendance.
anyway, the president said he does not want to
disrupt the ceremony with his large security detail
much the same as reagan did not attend church
because he did not want to disrupt the church service.
i am sure you all understand that.

scalia was a very poor justice. he voted against
we the people and for large corps. on every occasion.
he does not deserve the presidents attendance.
anyway, the president said he does not want to
disrupt the ceremony with his large security detail

much the same as reagan did not attend church
because he did not want to disrupt the church service.
i am sure you all understand that.
please that's a bullshit excuse and you know it

He doesn't have to please you or the other cons. He's faced nothing but obstruction from your kind since he was announced the winner of the election, and he wouldn't have your support for anything even if walked on water and gave sight to the blind.

Obama is the biggest obstructionist to ever hold that office. He's responsible for every bit of push back he receives.

you are delusional with a diluted mental capacity.

WASHINGTON -- As President Barack Obama was celebrating his inauguration at various balls, top Republican lawmakers and strategists were conjuring up ways to submarine his presidency at a private dinner in Washington.

the guest list that night (which was just over 15 people in total) included Republican Reps. Eric Cantor (Va.), Kevin McCarthy (Calif.), Paul Ryan (Wis.), Pete Sessions (Texas), Jeb Hensarling (Texas), Pete Hoekstra (Mich.) and Dan Lungren (Calif.), along with Republican Sens. Jim DeMint (S.C.), Jon Kyl (Ariz.), Tom Coburn (Okla.), John Ensign (Nev.) and Bob Corker (Tenn.). The non-lawmakers present included Newt Gingrich, several years removed from his presidential campaign, and Frank Luntz, the long-time Republican wordsmith. Notably absent were Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) -- who, Draper writes, had an acrimonious relationship with Luntz.

IN OTHER WORDS THE ENTIRE REPUBLICAN PARTY LEADERSHIP.
AND SCALLIA USED HIS SEAT TO CARRY WATER FOR THESE PEOPLE
AND TO COMPLETELY POLITICIZE THE SUPREME COURT IN EVERY
WAY POSSIBLE. HE SHOULD NOT EVEN BE ALLOWED TO LAY IN STATE
AT THE USSC.

THIS BIG CONSERVATIVE PROPAGANDA SHOW
IS COSTING TAXPAYERS MILLIONS OF $$$'s.

I DO NOT WANT MY MONEY GOING TO PAY FOR THIS SHOW.

Nothing but obstruction?

They pretty much rubber stamp everything he wants. That's why they're getting their asses kicked now. Liberals don't like them and never did. Conservatives don't like them now for cowering. They are on their own. Like John Boehner, they'll be crying their way to the parking lot.

Wasting money. They always cower on that one. Fall for the big threat of government shutdown and cower to the Democrat budget of mass money wasting. Yeah, I know a lot of these GOP'ers are bought and paid for by people who want the mass money wasting. That's another reason people are tired of them.

Letting in the Mexicans and refugees. A lot of Republicans want them here just as much as Obama does. They want them here for cheap labor. They are bought by people who depend on that, so they don't care if we end up having to give them a bunch of welfare. Sellouts, should be voted out.

If the Republicans vote in favor of something they approve of, then that's not rubber stamping. Isn't the deficit about 1/3rd of Bush's last deficit? I read where there are less Mexican refugees entering now than when Bush was in office. We've almost always allowed refugees into this country. And if you believe Republicans rubber stamp everything democrats want, why waste your time voting for them?

if you believe Republicans rubber stamp everything democrats want, why waste your time voting for them?

Symbolism.

No matter what, I will live my life the conservative way. I conserve my money, traditions and way of life. And if we ever lose the freedom to do that, then we're all screwed anyway.

I'll be all right no matter who wins. Just like when I go to a ballgame. But while I'm at the game, I'm rooting for the home team. Conservatism is my home, and a lot of us are sick and tired of the bullshitters in our party. That's why we're kicking their asses out.

You're not kicking any out. The king of malarkey is leading the republican polls.

At this point I just want real opposition to the Democrats. The rest of the GOP field will cower to Hillary on that stage. Trump at least would fight. He would probably get beat, but he's not going to cower up there like McCain and Romney.

That's the national situation with our party. Can't win, but we at least want to see a good effort. Really I'm surprised that anyone other than Trump or Cruz can even garner a single vote. Rubio, Bush, Kasich, etc. would just get up there and give Hillary a big hug.

Fine with me. I want to see Trump vs. Hillary. Not the election. The debates. The campaigns. He'll lose the election just due to the amount of can't doers in this country now, but the debates and the campaigns will entertain the hell out of me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT