ADVERTISEMENT

ODU

Just because you throw around accusations from your pious perch overlooking the unclean, does not make your opinion any more correct or valid then others.

Never said to ignore religion/politics...said keep religion and politics out of sports.

Just because you throw around accusations from your pious perch overlooking the unclean, does not make your opinion any more correct or valid then others.

But if I know how to use "than" instead of "then" correctly, it does make my opinion more correct coming from my pious perch.

Never said to ignore religion/politics...said keep religion and politics out of sports.

By keeping religion and politics out of sports, you'd be ignoring it related to sports. In other words, to allow Liberty in the same conference athletically, you'd have to ignore their religious/political views.

Rifle, are you advocating that we immediately leave CUSA since Rice is a member?

Rifle, are you advocating that we immediately leave CUSA since Rice is a member?

No, I'm advocating that we don't allow an institution that pro-actively works against equality for all into our conference.

When Rice and/or its "owner" starts fighting for anti-equality measures, then you may have a leg to stand on. But Rice is a really, really bad example for you to try and use. They are the most liberal school in Texas (and hand-in-hand, also the best academically). A year or two ago, their band actually mocked Baylor at halftime of a game after Rice's band was made aware of Baylor's anti-gay stance and rules.

But if I know how to use "than" instead of "then" correctly, it does make my opinion more correct coming from my pious perch.

By keeping religion and politics out of sports, you'd be ignoring it related to sports. In other words, to allow Liberty in the same conference athletically, you'd have to ignore their religious/political views.
I do ignore Liberty’s religious/political views...let’s schedule them for a football game...we both are open on Nov. 7.

I do ignore Liberty’s religious/political views...let’s schedule them for a football game...we both are open on Nov. 7.

And that's exactly my point; doing that makes you a deplorable. Luckily, most colleges are led by people who aren't deplorable and don't want to be affiliated as peers with your kind which includes Liberty.

And that's exactly my point; doing that makes you a deplorable. Luckily, most colleges are led by people who aren't deplorable and don't want to be affiliated as peers with your kind which includes Liberty.

& the likes of Notre Dame, BYU, BC, Ol’ Miss, and others...Gotcha. Many walk in the darkness and only a few walk in the righteousness of The Rifleman.

Your name calling reminds me of a 3rd grade classmate I had, Tiffany Roberts, Who always threw temper tantrums and resorted to name calling every time she
couldn’t get her way.

But, we need games and have an open date on Nov. 7, as does Liberty. Let’s Play Ball and leave religion/politics out of sports
By keeping religion and politics out of lsports, you'd be ignoring it related to sports. In other words, to allow Liberty in the same conference athletically, you'd have to ignore their religious/political views.

No, I'm advocating that we don't allow an institution that pro-actively works against equality for all into our conference.

When Rice and/or its "owner" starts fighting for anti-equality measures, then you may have a leg to stand on. But Rice is a really, really bad example for you to try and use. They are the most liberal school in Texas (and hand-in-hand, also the best academically). A year or two ago, their band actually mocked Baylor at halftime of a game after Rice's band was made aware of Baylor's anti-gay stance and rules.

you do know that Rice was founded with a charter that specifically barred the admittance of blacks, don’t you? And you do know that those policies were left in place for decades after many universities were fully integrated, right?

If you are going to hold up Liberty’s past transgressions shouldn’t Rice be held to the same standards?

Reactions: 31Herd55
Leaving former racial transgressions of the past to the annals of history...works for Rice, but not for Liberty.

Typical elite.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
you do know that Rice was founded with a charter that specifically barred the admittance of blacks, don’t you? And you do know that those policies were left in place for decades after many universities were fully integrated, right?

If you are going to hold up Liberty’s past transgressions shouldn’t Rice be held to the same standards?

Leaving former racial transgressions of the past to the annals of history...works for Rice, but not for Liberty.

The key word is “past.” Rice’s transgressions were nearly 60 years ago. They don’t honor those transgressions. Liberty still practices their transgressions and continues to fight for them.

If either of you can’t understand the difference, ask the other for help. Between the both of you, I have faith you can learn the difference between “past” and “present.”

Typical elite.
Sorry, but intelligent people are given more credit and legitimacy for things.

Last edited:

Then by your own criteria, why jerk down statues of those whose transgressions were well in the past, perhaps way in the past? Why strip the name of a baseball Commissioner off an award because of something he believed, or maybe a transgression he did, back in the 1920s or 30s? Judging past beliefs, actions or inactions, by today's standards or popular opinions in 2020 although at that time they may have been the norms, abhorrent as they are especially in today's climate. When you start scrubbing and rewriting history, better be careful else the scrubbers end up eventually being the "scrubbed".

Currently, with the MAC now planning on resuming football this fall, that leaves exactly three D1 FBS schools NOT playing this season: Connecticut, UMass, and CUSA's own Old Dominion. Uh, there could be a fourth: Rice, if all those self absorbed, ultra left wing "intellects" down in Houston can get their act together, stop dwelling on all their past racist and other transgressions, and some how get their football team in shape and prepared to play some football! Who knows? Perhaps by some "miracle" they may even end up in a not too distant Saturday gracing us with their sanctimonious presence at the JOAN!!

The key word is “past.” Rice’s transgressions were nearly 60 years ago. They don’t honor those transgressions. Liberty still practices their transgressions and continues to fight for them.

If either of you can’t understand the difference, ask the other for help. Between the both of you, I have faith you can learn the difference between “past” and “present.”

Sorry, but intelligent people are given more credit and legitimacy for things.
Seems like rifleman is the only one on here that needs help in understanding the difference in past and present as I had told him of the black athletes on Liberty’s football and basketball squads...living in the past and not knowing the difference between past and present.

At least he’s not pulling a Tiffany Roberts on anyone...yet.

Seems like rifleman is the only one on here that needs help in understanding the difference in past and present as I had told him of the black athletes on Liberty’s football and basketball squads...living in the past and not knowing the difference between past and present.

At least he’s not pulling a Tiffany Roberts on anyone...yet.

Huh? You think the reluctance of college presidents to welcome Liberty is about racism? That’s not the reason. In other words, your comment about Liberty having black athletes is irrelevant.

You’re completely out of touch with what Liberty’s leaders have and continue to support. Didn’t I tell you to consult with the other clueless poster to try and cumulatively have intelligence worthy of discussing this?

well well What are your initials? I was in the pledge class with shep and ray. Former SMC in 1983
JLG. Was there with Chico, sluggo, Bob Martin, George fuller Among others. Dickie was my big brother.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT