ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL PICK THE SCORE THREAD ODU

I would assume we'd blow them out any other year save for 2016, but MTSU was a horrible team and ODU can score. Some laughed at me for saying MTSU wouldn't be an easy win.

It's going to come down to where our head's are at. This roster has a propensity to fold when facing adversity.

I don't think we have a single player that knows how to win a game when you're not out front.

If we change literally nothing except remove the unforced turnovers, we are 5-0. I really think the turnovers will not continue. 38-17, Herd.

Eventually things have to bounce our way... At least for a week... And we are at home.

Marshall - 44
ODU - 24

Reactions: ilmherdfan
I seem to chuckle every time I read a quote on here stating that a team that just waxed our a$$ is a horrible team. I guess until we can beat a "horrible" team, I'm not going to expect much out of our team.
MU-45
ODU-44

I seem to chuckle every time I read a quote on here stating that a team that just waxed our a$$ is a horrible team. I guess until we can beat a "horrible" team, I'm not going to expect much out of our team.
MU-45
ODU-44
MTSU was bad and we lost to them badly. Says a lot about where we are right now.

ok, i dont disagree with that. But you said we lost to them badly.

Fact remains we were a half yard away from having a chance to win the game. So they didnt beat us "badly"
He’s on an emotional roller coaster right now from going all in on Huff to out in a short time. He will be ok, just be patient and understanding.

ok, i dont disagree with that. But you said we lost to them badly.

Fact remains we were a half yard away from having a chance to win the game. So they didnt beat us "badly"
We did lost badly. At no point in that game did we have control. We bounced between getting blown out to trying to get back in it.

Also we need to stop acting like we were 1/2 a yard away from winning. That is not true. Recovering that onside kick did not equal points. The way the night had been going there are no guarantees we would have went down and scored. Momentum was on our side, but 4th quarter execution has not been our strong point all season.

We made a game of it, but we were being whipped all night long. A lot was self imposed, but MTSU made us pay for every single mistake we made.

I dont recall saying we were 1/2 from winning.

And that was hardly a "whipping"

One could say our offense Whipped them up and down the field and the second half our defense whipped them up pretty good.

I dont recall saying we were 1/2 from winning.

And that was hardly a "whipping"

One could say our offense Whipped them up and down the field and the second half our defense whipped them up pretty good.
We never at one point controlled that game. From start to finish MTSU was our ahead and at one point it was by 20 some points. They forced 6 turnovers and blocked a punt. Yea. They whipped us. We made a game of it late, but how much of that was MTSU relaxing because they had a huge lead? It's odd to me that ECU didn't mount a comeback we collapsed and let them back in the game, but here MTSU didn't have a let down we mounted a comeback.

Just like I know your counter argument will be that MTSU didn't force all those turnovers either that we did that to ourselves, but every turnover that our defense gains will always be us forcing them.

It's kind of like the people that blame Doc for Tron's fumble yet don't blame Huff for any of this year's turnovers. It's the players just not doing their part.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I blame Doc for putting in a true freshman, cold.
Had no choice. Ward was cramping and the only other option was Andre Booker who wasn't really suited to play RB at this level. Tron was trying to do too much and get that "extra" yard. It's hard to tell players to stop competing in certain situations. It sucks and wish it wouldn't have happened because neither Doc nor Tron will ever shake that moment from their legacies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT