ADVERTISEMENT

Our attendance is pathetic

JOSH I SAID marshall has no cash to pay there coaches more or fix stuff up but you say I said they have a lot of cash.Maybe sir you need to learn how to read. And why we are at it josh because YOU KNOW different please tell EVERYONE on here just what Marshall has cash wize? I think your a total homer for your check from marshall and if they told you (josh we are broke as shit and cant pay you anymore) you sir would say ok ill work for free.So josh give me and the rest of this site the inside info you clame to know or have. you have shit for info that most people don't already know on here.

Marshall has cash but they want to hold onto it and that is why they say there broke because that allows them to not go out and spend some of that cash to get a better coach or coaches for said sport.

Am I reading this wrong?

“Marshall has cash but they want to hold on to it”

What does that mean other than you thinking that university has extra money floating around?

Reactions: The Real SamC
Your #1 is an absolute ridiculous comment. Doc has had more than 1 instance to take MU FB to the next level, create excitement, etc. It is not all about winning. As a fan, it is about believing you are going to win, create excitement and be part of something that is exciting.

We all got hyped about his hire. We all got excited about the improved amount of talent he has recruited. We were all, for the most part, excited about the direction our program was heading. We were getting ready to compete again with anyone, any where!!!! Insert here (Remember those days of traveling to Clemson, NC State, Mich St, etc. where we knew those big schools were scared to death of us.....IE, many more years than 1999) We felt like we had that excitement starting again.

Instead, it all started with BLOWING the WVU game. We had a 2 score lead late, went into prevent, fumbled the ball, etc............and LOST a game we never should have lost. Since then, it has only repeated itself and has become more preiminent in games against lesser talented teams. Albeit, we still get the best talent in CUSA, but we can not even compete for our conference title. Heck, even this year, we here the apathy of "well at least we are winning, I will take 9-3 vs 3-9". Okay, I get that point. But explain to me, why I as a Marshall fan should be so thrilled with this when a Lane Kiffin comes into CUSA, takes a 3-9 FAU team that is arguable much less talented and deep than we are and turns them around to 9-3 and we are sitting at home watching them play in the CUSA championship game. Tell me why I should be "excited" over this, and the fact when I come to a game, we are subject to lose in our own house as a 17 pt favorite? Tell me how or what Doc has done to prevent us from ever losing games like we lost to WVU or WKU (as an undefeated team) because his teams are prepared to capture those moments and play with no fear as so many great Herd teams has done in the past?

When you address these situations, then you will start to see fans in the seats again.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
I remember a very different 90s than many of you.

MU dominated I-AA in a way no else has, before or since. We really were simply at a higher level, not only in player quality, buy in everything else, such as facilities, TV, everything.

And I remember the only people that pissed and moaned that "well it is just I-AA" were the totally fixated, totally jealous, non-alumni Spamite losers.

Then MU dominated the MAC. A league so pathetic before we got there that most athletic departments were run out of a shoe box, many teams were ginning up their live gate numbers by having their handful of boosters buy tickets at $5/per and shred them, and which sent its champion to a made up bowl game (in an era where you needed 9 or 10 wins to go bowling) that was really just an extra home game for Fresno State, played weeks before the real bowls, with everybody else staying home. Even with our great boost to that league, the rest continued to operate as small timers, and the league still had only one bowl, in frozen Pontiac, before no one not wearing green.

And I remember the only people that pissed and moaned that "well it is just the MAC" were the totally fixated, totally jealous, non-alumni Spamite losers.

But NOW, all of a sudden it is the Herd fans, or at least self-proclaimed Herd fans, that are saying that CUSA is "nothing" and "high schools" and "cupcakes" and other stupidity.

Obviously the Herd is not your thing. Move on. Find something else to do. Why invest in August in something that, even if 14-0 in January, you consider "nothing" ?

NASCAR could use some fans. Or maybe golf. The Bengals? Miami seems trendy. And there is always Alabama.

I will be here. Celebrating every titanic victory for the Herd.

I remember when we did not have a team.

Yes Sam, many of us remember when we did not have a team. And who on here implies if we go 14-0 that would be nothing? Absolutely NO ONE. So quit taking this you are greater than thou attitude. Something that was common when we were winning and losing through the 80s, 90s and 00s ...........we strived to get better. We didn't accept "well this is the best we can do" mantra. We were hungry and our teams reflected that on the field. And your definition of a "titantic" victory is no where near the definition of decades past. Do you think Bobby Pruett, Stan Parrish, Donnan, etc would have started taking knees with 13:48 in the 4th Quarter? Do you think they would have defined Saturday night as a "titantic victory"? Do you think this Marshall team under the leadership of any of these past coaches would have lost to FIU at home, or won a "Titantic" Victory over Charlotte 14-3? I guess we can define these as "Titantic" victories because we start each game knowing we are giving up 10-21 points off the bat due to our coaching IQ. I guess any time we can overcome these types of disadvantages, a victory is considered Titantic. PITIFUL!

And who on here implies if we go 14-0 that would be nothing?

You.

However, when you are 9-3 and 9-0 vs HS Teams ....

The "HS teams" line is something often spewed by the petty jealous non-alumni Spamite losers. Leaving that out, well, I answered your question. MU does not play "HS teams". It plays at the highest level it ever has, as a mid-major in Division I-A. And, so (with the exception of a step up game against a currently ranked 7-3 Power 5 team) is EVERY TEAM WE PLAYED. No "HS teams". Mid-major teams with players who are among the top 2000 or so out of millions of little boys born in their birth year.

Mid Major Football. What Marshall is. I enjoy it, I understand it, I have realistic expectations about it, it is what it is. It isn't the SEC West. But if you consider it "High School" then nothing that happens in it really is anything to you, so move on to something you consider worthy of your attention.

Reactions: All4TheHerd
No different than,
'We should go back to the MAC'

'We need to drop down to FCS so we can win a lower tier National Title.'

'I don't care how we win...I just want to win.'

'I've been going to Marshall games for 30 years!'

I don’t want to go back to the MAC
I don’t want to drop to FCS
I care “How” we win, thus, we wouldn’t be having this discussion about the wins we’ve had.
When you are a fan for 30 years maybe you’ll be able to comprehend the conversation.

I care “How” we win, thus, we wouldn’t be having this discussion about the wins we’ve had.
When you are a fan for 30 years maybe you’ll be able to comprehend the conversation.

Ah, the ole "I'm older than you, thus your opinion doesn't matter."

And you wonder why the younger generation of fans aren't at games.

Reactions: joeyb184

Your opinion matters I just give voices of experience more credence. Most fans 50+ understand that the late 90's into the first part of the next decade was the exception not the rule. I have posted many times on this board and old forums alike that while exhilarating and great fun those years were the best thing and the worst thing for MU fans. Marshall had several Jaguar teams but still had a Chevy program and athletic dept. Nobody outcoached resources like BP of course we now know he had help.
Summed up Marshall hit the lottery; a good coach who loves his alma mater, Eric Kresser transferred, manna from heaven, DuPont, landed in our lap, and two pretty much overlooked high school kids blew up to high draft choices. Very compelling times and teams but the direct residue has made so many of us, me included, cast a jaded eye at the current situation.

Yes Sam, many of us remember when we did not have a team. And who on here implies if we go 14-0 that would be nothing? Absolutely NO ONE. So quit taking this you are greater than thou attitude. Something that was common when we were winning and losing through the 80s, 90s and 00s ...........we strived to get better. We didn't accept "well this is the best we can do" mantra. We were hungry and our teams reflected that on the field. And your definition of a "titantic" victory is no where near the definition of decades past. Do you think Bobby Pruett, Stan Parrish, Donnan, etc would have started taking knees with 13:48 in the 4th Quarter? Do you think they would have defined Saturday night as a "titantic victory"? Do you think this Marshall team under the leadership of any of these past coaches would have lost to FIU at home, or won a "Titantic" Victory over Charlotte 14-3? I guess we can define these as "Titantic" victories because we start each game knowing we are giving up 10-21 points off the bat due to our coaching IQ. I guess any time we can overcome these types of disadvantages, a victory is considered Titantic. PITIFUL!

Actually, you complain after we win. So 14-0 would be something you would complain about.

"We strived to get better..."

Soooo...going from 3-7 in 2016 to 7-3 in 2017 is what exactly??

"Taking knees with 13 minutes left in the 4th quarter..."
When did we ever take a knee?
If you're referring to is running the ball and not throwing, your post addressing this disqualifies you from it. Because you said you'd be fine with an INT being thrown and gaining no yards over running and losing 3 yards...forgetting our QB sorta has a problem with INT's.

While I wouldn't call the victory "Titanic" but it is substantial because we were 0-3 against wku.

Seriously man, some of your arguments are very...well...Bill Legg offense-like.

Truly can any one tell me you have really stayed excited most of the home games this year. Two games even though I stayed for the complete game was bored to death and we won these. I get really upset when not only myself but others around call the plays even before we run the play. When is the play calling ever changed. As for marketing the game, when have you ever seen any attention made to the fans that have paid year after year and pay the extra fees as everyone behind the team on the other side given recognized. A good example of our marketing techniques if you attended the basketball game Friday night. Everyone down stairs received tee shirts, but when they gave out additional tee shirts did they they go to the second lever and give those people shirts, no they gave them to the same people below. MU's Marketing department sucks as for getting people in the seats and this is shown year after year for they have no imagination. It time for a complete overhaul top to bottom.

dennie.heck.......I am sure they would welcome your resume.

HerdZilla22

Please try again. Maybe you need to read back through this thread. Actually you and others keep bringing up the age and years as a "fan" component ("1999", "30 years") into this conversation. I didn't introduce it. Now....suddenly you're bothered by me calling you on it, only to attempt to mock it again in a different way? Pfft. Hilarious.

Weird... I thought young "superfans" such as yourself couldn't be sidelined from the Herd or super-fandom status when celebrating all these wins?

Face it, younger fans are not at games because... the games are boring to most. Most younger generations would rather be scoping out social media sites, or spending mommy and daddy's money in a different way on Saturday night.

Further, blaming older fans who actually attend games and support the program as a reason for younger "fans" not attending games is mindless babble.

Actually, you complain after we win. So 14-0 would be something you would complain about.

"We strived to get better..."

Soooo...going from 3-7 in 2016 to 7-3 in 2017 is what exactly??

"Taking knees with 13 minutes left in the 4th quarter..."
When did we ever take a knee?
If you're referring to is running the ball and not throwing, your post addressing this disqualifies you from it. Because you said you'd be fine with an INT being thrown and gaining no yards over running and losing 3 yards...forgetting our QB sorta has a problem with INT's.

While I wouldn't call the victory "Titanic" but it is substantial because we were 0-3 against wku.

Seriously man, some of your arguments are very...well...Bill Legg offense-like.

WOW...........we stopped playing the type of ball we were playing the first 3 quarters. Hence, taking a knee is a metaphor. We stopped our tempo, our attacking and our agressiveness................to milk the f---ing play clock first and HOPE we get a first down. Look if you want to run in these situations, run the damn ball, don't dive into their strength. The only good call in that series was the 3rd down call. It was questionable because we went to the well several times on that play. It would have likely been a better play if A) we would have called it on 2nd down, or B) we would have faked it to the TE and hit a secondary route over the middle using their pursuit against itself.

As for the INT arguement...Please, don't compare something you know nothing about. Do you know what a sudden change situation is? Do you know "momentum'? Do you understand when you get the ball inside your opponents 35 yard line after a sudden change, the first play from scrimmage is the most opportune time to throw behind the defense? Do you even watch and understand Football............this is when GOOD teams take advantage of the opportunity at hand, instead of sticking their head in the sand. Yurachek got it. I even think Doc got it based on his bashing of Legg at the time.

As for going 3-7 to 7-3..............I am happy about the W's, I will gladly take them. However, how much improved are we.....especially in comparison to our opponents? FAU, had a 3-9 record last year. They have lesser rated recruits, lesser talent, less depth, and no way do they have the tradition we do at Marshall. So how come a team with less tradition, talent and depth turn it around in one year, beat us, and play for a conference Championship?

Your opinion matters I just give voices of experience more credence. Most fans 50+ understand that the late 90's into the first part of the next decade was the exception not the rule. I have posted many times on this board and old forums alike that while exhilarating and great fun those years were the best thing and the worst thing for MU fans. Marshall had several Jaguar teams but still had a Chevy program and athletic dept. Nobody outcoached resources like BP of course we now know he had help.
Summed up Marshall hit the lottery; a good coach who loves his alma mater, Eric Kresser transferred, manna from heaven, DuPont, landed in our lap, and two pretty much overlooked high school kids blew up to high draft choices. Very compelling times and teams but the direct residue has made so many of us, me included, cast a jaded eye at the current situation.

Damn GreenDuke...."Wake me up---I just fainted." I agree with you, Dude.
We are a spoiled lot......

It must be the time I spent on Duke's campus last week.. "I be a smarter kind of fellar!"

From Rags to Riches in Football grew a Basketball known school, prior to the 1990s.. Now, what Is Marshall going to to do to get more fans in the Joan and get the Cam some air conditioning?

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Reactions: GreenDuke
Please try again. Maybe you need to read back through this thread. Actually you and others keep bringing up the age and years as a "fan" component ("1999", "30 years") into this conversation. I didn't introduce it. Now....suddenly you're bothered by me calling you on it, only to attempt to mock it again in a different way? Pfft. Hilarious.

Weird... I thought young "superfans" such as yourself couldn't be sidelined from the Herd or super-fandom status when celebrating all these wins?

Face it, younger fans are not at games because... the games are boring to most. Most younger generations would rather be scoping out social media sites, or spending mommy and daddy's money in a different way on Saturday night.

Further, blaming older fans who actually attend games and support the program as a reason for younger "fans" not attending games is mindless babble.

I can't speak for the students now. Back in the day however, many of them were young snd enthusiastic for MU football...even when we were bad with Snyder.
I'm old enough to have a solid career and afford being part of the BG and Season Tickets. I am also not old enough to use my age when I am losing an argument.
Many of the fans I was around, are not here. Mainly because the exposure to higher education showed them that opportunity was not in WV.
However, since I have stuck around, some younger student fans had tried to motion for some up to date approaches, like the Black Out, which was an idea when I was in college.
People like you shut it down. Took 10 years too long for it to happen.
The glow stick idea, was great but constantly complained, by people like you.
People like you, complained when Hamrick hired coaches unrelated to Marshall despite hating the "good ole boy network."
Funny thing is, despite resistance from old folks like you, some of the student oriented things, have been put through...because students did the smart thing...they went directly to the AD to discuss things and not on message boards, hence the blackout and glowsticks.

WOW...........we stopped playing the type of ball we were playing the first 3 quarters. Hence, taking a knee is a metaphor. We stopped our tempo, our attacking and our agressiveness................to milk the f---ing play clock first and HOPE we get a first down. Look if you want to run in these situations, run the damn ball, don't dive into their strength. The only good call in that series was the 3rd down call. It was questionable because we went to the well several times on that play. It would have likely been a better play if A) we would have called it on 2nd down, or B) we would have faked it to the TE and hit a secondary route over the middle using their pursuit against itself.

As for the INT arguement...Please, don't compare something you know nothing about. Do you know what a sudden change situation is? Do you know "momentum'? Do you understand when you get the ball inside your opponents 35 yard line after a sudden change, the first play from scrimmage is the most opportune time to throw behind the defense? Do you even watch and understand Football............this is when GOOD teams take advantage of the opportunity at hand, instead of sticking their head in the sand. Yurachek got it. I even think Doc got it based on his bashing of Legg at the time.

As for going 3-7 to 7-3..............I am happy about the W's, I will gladly take them. However, how much improved are we.....especially in comparison to our opponents? FAU, had a 3-9 record last year. They have lesser rated recruits, lesser talent, less depth, and no way do they have the tradition we do at Marshall. So how come a team with less tradition, talent and depth turn it around in one year, beat us, and play for a conference Championship?

I dunno. Ask Nick Saban that when he went against Hugh Freeze those last 5 or so years.
Ask Jim Harbaugh in regards to MSU...who was also 3-9...how they lost this year to a team in comparison in the eyes of UM fans.
Ask Peterson at Washington how they could have lost to ASU.

Every week a team asks themselves the same questions...

I can't speak for the students now. Back in the day however, many of them were young snd enthusiastic for MU football...even when we were bad with Snyder.
I'm old enough to have a solid career and afford being part of the BG and Season Tickets. I am also not old enough to use my age when I am losing an argument.
Many of the fans I was around, are not here. Mainly because the exposure to higher education showed them that opportunity was not in WV.
However, since I have stuck around, some younger student fans had tried to motion for some up to date approaches, like the Black Out, which was an idea when I was in college.
People like you shut it down. Took 10 years too long for it to happen.
The glow stick idea, was great but constantly complained, by people like you.
People like you, complained when Hamrick hired coaches unrelated to Marshall despite hating the "good ole boy network."
Funny thing is, despite resistance from old folks like you, some of the student oriented things, have been put through...because students did the smart thing...they went directly to the AD to discuss things and not on message boards, hence the blackout and glowsticks.

What??? How do you equate fans wanting championships in a terrible league to children's glow stick night? Stop embarrassing yourself.

Good God man, if the lack of glow sticks and a black Tshirt night keeps young superfans from attending games, this younger generation is more fvcked that I thought.

If it takes a glow stick to entice someone to buy a ticket, what's that ultimately say about the state of the program?

As for the good ole boy network...........Hamrick and Doc are a product of it in many respects. The Good ole boy network finally got a WV boy, and career assistant, a "dream job".

What??? How do you equate fans wanting championships in a terrible league to children's glow stick night? Stop embarrassing yourself.

Good God man, if the lack of glow sticks and a black Tshirt night keeps young superfans from attending games, this younger generation is more fvcked that I thought.

If it takes a glow stick to entice someone to buy a ticket, what's that ultimately say about the state of the program?

As for the good ole boy network...........Hamrick and Doc are a product of it in many respects. The Good ole boy network finally got a WV boy, and career assistant, a "dream job".

dang raleighHERDfan.....I am beginning to assume you don't care for Doc & Mike H?

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

I remember a very different 90s than many of you.

MU dominated I-AA in a way no else has, before or since. We really were simply at a higher level, not only in player quality, buy in everything else, such as facilities, TV, everything.

And I remember the only people that pissed and moaned that "well it is just I-AA" were the totally fixated, totally jealous, non-alumni Spamite losers.

Then MU dominated the MAC. A league so pathetic before we got there that most athletic departments were run out of a shoe box, many teams were ginning up their live gate numbers by having their handful of boosters buy tickets at $5/per and shred them, and which sent its champion to a made up bowl game (in an era where you needed 9 or 10 wins to go bowling) that was really just an extra home game for Fresno State, played weeks before the real bowls, with everybody else staying home. Even with our great boost to that league, the rest continued to operate as small timers, and the league still had only one bowl, in frozen Pontiac, before no one not wearing green.

And I remember the only people that pissed and moaned that "well it is just the MAC" were the totally fixated, totally jealous, non-alumni Spamite losers.

But NOW, all of a sudden it is the Herd fans, or at least self-proclaimed Herd fans, that are saying that CUSA is "nothing" and "high schools" and "cupcakes" and other stupidity.

Obviously the Herd is not your thing. Move on. Find something else to do. Why invest in August in something that, even if 14-0 in January, you consider "nothing" ?

NASCAR could use some fans. Or maybe golf. The Bengals? Miami seems trendy. And there is always Alabama.

I will be here. Celebrating every titanic victory for the Herd.

I remember when we did not have a team.

I also remember the Marshall teams of the I-AA era and I think the folks at North Dakota State might have an argument with you regarding domination. You know, five straight National Championships.

Reactions: rocket766
Look at ole Sam C talking about Wvu again. Any post he makes has some sort of comment about the ole gold and blue. He just can't let it go. Be happy for what your team has done in the last 20 years. West Virginia is not and will never be your so called rival. Get over it and move on . Apples to Oranges
But you know it all Lol twin greenhouse

Its the attitude that holds them back.
But its tragic you can't see that pal. In fact, you're just bitter overall. Get some friends and not people you converse with on here. Real people.

Its the attitude that holds them back.
But its tragic you can't see that pal. In fact, you're just bitter overall. Get some friends and not people you converse with on here. Real people.

Ahhhhh yes. The classic end to a fizzling opinion.... "You're bitter" “get some friends”.

You “superfans” attempt to mock the older fan base, then don’t like it when your asinine comments get questioned and thrown back at you. Not a surprise.

“Attitudes” hold young fans back from coming into games??? Weird. When I come into a game all I think about is the importance and excitement of the Herd winning a conference titles again. Young fans bothered by championship attitudes and aspirations??? (Participation Trophy syndrome)

In the spirit of super fandom however, allow me to offer up a peace offering. May this gift heal the broken hearts of all young superfans who have chosen not to attend games due to having been denied their right to bring “excitement” into the stands....despite the overall lack of offensive excitement on the field.

F1839000F_full

Consolation prizes (because in today’s time it’s only fair if everyone gets one)

M6334_102_5.JPG

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
I also remember the Marshall teams of the I-AA era and I think the folks at North Dakota State might have an argument with you regarding domination. You know, five straight National Championships.

I love Marshall but this is what I was thinking. I don't think FCS is as good as it was in the 90s but still....North Dakota State has been dominate for a long long time.

Ahhhhh yes. The classic end to a fizzling opinion.... "You're bitter" “get some friends”.

You “superfans” attempt to mock the older fan base, then don’t like it when your asinine comments get questioned and thrown back at you. Not a surprise.

“Attitudes” hold young fans back from coming into games??? Weird. When I come into a game all I think about is the importance and excitement of the Herd winning a conference titles again. Young fans bothered by championship attitudes and aspirations??? (Participation Trophy syndrome)

In the spirit of super fandom however, allow me to offer up a peace offering. May this gift heal the broken hearts of all young superfans who have chosen not to attend games due to having been denied their right to bring “excitement” into the stands....despite the overall lack of offensive excitement on the field.

F1839000F_full

Consolation prizes (because in today’s time it’s only fair if everyone gets one)

M6334_102_5.JPG

I'm not gonna argue your conservative views on the current generation. It is what it is. Fortunately, I'm not part of it.
Most MU students don't want participation trophies. They want to be given the respect of adapting MU to the times.
Which is not what you're from...where your parentd and grandparents determined how you saw the world growing up.
Most of these students have seen more of it than your generation ever did.
Tradition is dead. It has been for a while now.
I think the older generations fear they'll be forgotten if things at MU change. Like their stories of their dedication to MU and how many games they went to, is going to be absorbed into time and become nothing more than mere jarbled memories amongst a few.
Well, yeah, thats probably gonna happen. Unless you're on a plaque somewhere or a big booster, nobodys gonna remember. Accept it.
Hell, 150 years from now, nobody will remember what the generations did for tradition save a few...because the times change and the world gives zero craps about tradition.

Finally, attempting to mock is an understatement. You're mocked on a daily basis, successfully, by the new fans which really must suck.

Reactions: JC102
Tradition is dead. It has been for a while now.

Really? Then why respect and remember the “75” every year? The fountain ceremony??

Why attempt to bring back former great MU teams and players?? (Every great program around the country does it).

Tell Michigan, Notre Dame, USC, OSU et al, that tradition is dead. You would be more than mocked for such pointless nonsense. Why does someone claiming to be so worldly not understand that basic truth??

The idea of a tradition of playing for championships is “dead” to you? (Loser). That’s what you do not seem to understand superfan. Those are the only plaques and banners that matter when it comes to building a long term sustainable fan base. It’s not about today’s donors (big or small). Its definitely not about glow stick night with black T-shirt handouts.

Keep trying superfan. You just might succeed in helping to drive the program into complete oblivion with some of your understanding of making something a success.

Reactions: THUNDERGround
I think MU has made the event entertainment factor much greater this year. The addition of the HerdZone shop and the beerzone are great. The addition of the hot food/grill area, its high-top tables and TVs, as well as TV's throughout the corridor are just fantastic. Honestly, I didn't even know most of it was there until I got off my duff at half time of the third game and went down to the corridor. Shame on me. I just stood there, smelling the Philly Cheese Stakes, drinking a $6.00 beer (was blown away as I thought they were going to be $8.00), and watching the half time on the tube.

Too me, this is big time improvement.

Now I think they could do more, of course. They could start by eliminating Jason Toy's role and all that crap; replacing it with something that included the fans; requiring some kind of participation, etc. (Not slamming Jason, just the crap they throw at us as if it were entertainment that is really advertisement.)

Lack of product ( CUSA a glorified 1-AA conf) will kill a program quicker than anything. The better teams of CUSA left a long time ago.

When the home OOC schedule consist of the MAC you are not going to fill the stadium

When you never know what team ( Marshall) will show up , you will not fill or come close to filling the stadium.

Pretty simple explanation. Want fannies in the seats then do everything possible to get to the AAC where you have the possibility of playing a ranked team from time to time ala UCF this season. CUSA is a poor excuse for a Div 1 Conference and should be relegated by the NCAA to the 1-AA level - poor attendance is the common problem for all schools in the conference , not like (after switching to 3 MAC games last night) that the MAC is any better , at least with the AAC people know the schools are D-1 schools vs many thinking a lot of CUSA members are 1-AA schools (obviously I am talking about college football fans outside of the state of WV or at least the tri-state area)

This topic comes up multiple times a year with the same solution - get out of CUSA....on another note the OOC hoops schedule is nothing to write home about as well.

Really? Then why respect and remember the “75” every year? The fountain ceremony??

Why attempt to bring back former great MU teams and players?? (Every great program around the country does it).

Tell Michigan, Notre Dame, USC, OSU et al, that tradition is dead. You would be more than mocked for such pointless nonsense. Why does someone claiming to be so worldly not understand that basic truth??

The idea of a tradition of playing for championships is “dead” to you? (Loser). That’s what you do not seem to understand superfan. Those are the only plaques and banners that matter when it comes to building a long term sustainable fan base. It’s not about today’s donors (big or small). Its definitely not about glow stick night with black T-shirt handouts.

Keep trying superfan. You just might succeed in helping to drive the program into complete oblivion with some of your understanding of making something a success.

Sorry, guess I gotta be specific for the Headline Only readers...since you quoted 1 line that I had written and ignored everything else.
I get that though, being senile and old is a problem, not to mention all the mind altering drugs you took in your younger days.
What I am referring to are the elements that get fans like you riled up out of nowhere. Things like adding names on jerseys (or in our case, taking them off) or adding a goddamn color to them. Re-naming a field for a corporate sponsor instead of a well known booster. That kind of stuff.
Its an inevitable change that ticks off your kind but its one that is happening all over the place.
I'd say the only place to really not have even touched any of their traditions is Notre Dame...but they have more money than God so it doesn't matter to them.

BTW, have you sent any of your ideas to Hamrick? I mean, rotting in Raleigh you surely have to have seen some amazing economic ideas...because with all these great things you're telling me I don't know, you stupidly are wasting time telling people on here. Express them to people who care or can actually make a difference.
Now, talking to someone like an AD can be a little scary for someone like you. But its alright, you won't get fired from your job, he won't yell at you so there's no need to be worried.
I'm sure you can do it! I believe in you!

Sorry, guess I gotta be specific for the Headline Only readers...since you quoted 1 line that I had written and ignored everything else

It wasn't a "headline" or a single sentence, liar. Here is another one:
Hell, 150 years from now, nobody will remember what the generations did for tradition save a few
It was the central theme to your entire post. Not to mention, my reply covered every single paragraph/component to your worthless rant. Try reading and comprehending your own words and the replies to them.

What I am referring to are the elements that get fans like you riled up out of nowhere. Things like adding names on jerseys (or in our case, taking them off) or adding a goddamn color to them. Re-naming a field for a corporate sponsor instead of a well known booster. That kind of stuff

These things are NOT a "tradition". Again, you are proving to be more and more ignorant with every post. A corporate sponsor isn't a tradition. Names on a jersey isn't a tradition. Considering Marshall has had multiple colored uniforms over the decades......jersey colors are NOT a tradition. Which is why none of these changes would bother me. You paint, in ignorant broad brushes Mr. Wordly Superfan.

Really I could give 2 shits about what the stadium is named or who the university sells itself out to. (By the way, how exactly will a new stadium name put more fans in the stadium?) I'm all for making a few bucks. I am a capitalist (a successful one), so change isn't a problem for me. But change must be of real value and not some feel good "gimmick" that quickly fades (like glow sticks).

Lets remember what I've actually advocated since the beginning of this thread (because you cant seem to focus)..........coaching staff changes....in order to improve the likelihood that Championships are once again a reality at MU.

any of your ideas to Hamrick? I mean, in Raleigh you surely have to have seen some amazing economic ideas
(and participated in quite a few).
talking to someone like an AD can be a little scary for someone like you
(clueless)
you won't get fired from your job
(I don't have a job....I've been a business owner for 13 years)

What exactly would an AD do with "economic ideas"? Seriously, what are you even arguing at this point? Superfans in the stands or a community's economic growth outlook/situation?

In your words....Glowsticks, black Tshirts, names and colors on jerseys, gives the students respect, eliminates "tradition" and bolster the economy too????????? Is this what you are telling Hammy?? No wonder none of your ideas have gotten off the ground.

Try focusing a little harder and comeback with some coherent thoughts to present. Addressing your (throw shit at the wall to see what sticks) replies is giving you some good practice when you visit Hammy's office, Superfan. I am more than willing to guide you and your ideas to what is really important to building fan's unyielding support....Championships (the ultimate Tradition).

Thats right. I am a fan for 44 yrs. Fans today wont hang long. As far as wv they played us and beat our asses every single game so badmouthing them is being a sore loser.

Superfans mocking older fans are not fans at all. They are snotty little asswipes who never will stick with the herd LIKE OLDER FANS DID. Any fan under 30 SHUT THE HELL UP.

Reactions: GreenDuke

It was the central theme to your entire post. Not to mention, my reply covered every single paragraph/component to your worthless rant. Try reading and comprehending your own words and the replies to them.

These things are NOT a "tradition". Again, you are proving to be more and more ignorant with every post. A corporate sponsor isn't a tradition. Names on a jersey isn't a tradition. Considering Marshall has had multiple colored uniforms over the decades......jersey colors are NOT a tradition. Which is why none of these changes would bother me. You paint, in ignorant broad brushes Mr. Wordly Superfan.

Really I could give 2 shits about what the stadium is named or who the university sells itself out to. (By the way, how exactly will a new stadium name put more fans in the stadium?) I'm all for making a few bucks. I am a capitalist (a successful one), so change isn't a problem for me. But change must be of real value and not some feel good "gimmick" that quickly fades (like glow sticks).

Lets remember what I've actually advocated since the beginning of this thread (because you cant seem to focus)..........coaching staff changes....in order to improve the likelihood that Championships are once again a reality at MU.

(clueless)

What exactly would an AD do with "economic ideas"? Seriously, what are you even arguing at this point? Superfans in the stands or a community's economic growth outlook/situation?

In your words....Glowsticks, black Tshirts, names and colors on jerseys, gives the students respect, eliminates "tradition" and bolster the economy too????????? Is this what you are telling Hammy?? No wonder none of your ideas have gotten off the ground.

Try focusing a little harder and comeback with some coherent thoughts to present. Addressing your (throw shit at the wall to see what sticks) replies is giving you some good practice when you visit Hammy's office, Superfan. I am more than willing to guide you and your ideas to what is really important to building fan's unyielding support....Championships (the ultimate Tradition).

I love how you think younger generations can't think of anything productive.
Sucks you'll be dead soon and they'll be taking over.

(clueless)

In response to your post, like 90% of it is wrong.

(clueless)

Finally, have you talked to Hamrick with your ideas? I mean, seriously, have you?

All4TheHerd.....
I place myself in the Senior group of HERD Fans. However, I do not think Old. PLEASE explain "why the younger generation of fans are NOT attending football or basketball games at Marshall?" I am sure it has nothing to do with sitting in a stadium with old shits...like most of the parents!

HerdZilla22 (Gary Sweeney) in Charlotte

I love how you think younger generations can't think of anything productive.
Sucks you'll be dead soon and they'll be taking over.

I've probably got 30+ solid good years left. So...I'm good for a long while. Sucks for you loser types I know.

Where exactly did I suggest/think younger generations "cant" think of anything productive? You either cant read and/or comprehend a written word, so you lie by making additional shit up with every post attempt. Take your emotion (love) out of the discussion and use your brain, in order to have a real discussion.

In response to your post, like 90% of it is wrong.

Really Superfan? How is it wrong? I simply addressed all of your claims and assertions. Did you not write what was written to me? Unfortunately, your attempts at clarifying your comments were simply making new stupid assumptions and mocking of another's age, occupation, and fvcking up the meaning/description of what a real tradition is. Its why I further explained the necessity for you to focus, in order to develop a coherent thought to share.

I think its pretty clear after looking back through this thread, "old" (whatever that means) fans are not really the problem with MU athletics. My simple advice to Hammy: Put a coaching staff in place (regardless of your friendship status) that demonstrates the ability to win titles (we don't have that). That is the only way in this low level league can we hope to put MU back into some type of national conversation for higher rankings/bowls and higher numbers of butts in the stands.

I've probably got 30+ solid good years left. So...I'm good for a long while. Sucks for you loser types I know.

Where exactly did I suggest/think younger generations "cant" think of anything productive? You either cant read and/or comprehend a written word, so you lie by making additional shit up with every post attempt. Take your emotion (love) out of the discussion and use your brain, in order to have a real discussion.

Really Superfan? How is it wrong? I simply addressed all of your claims and assertions. Did you not write what was written to me? Unfortunately, your attempts at clarifying your comments were simply making new stupid assumptions and mocking of another's age, occupation, and fvcking up the meaning/description of what a real tradition is. Its why I further explained the necessity for you to focus, in order to develop a coherent thought to share.

I think its pretty clear after looking back through this thread, "old" (whatever that means) fans are not really the problem with MU athletics. My simple advice to Hammy: Put a coaching staff in place (regardless of your friendship status) that demonstrates the ability to win titles (we don't have that). That is the only way in this low level league can we hope to put MU back into some type of national conversation for higher rankings/bowls and higher numbers of butts in the stands.

Still waiting for your bright ideas to be submitted to Hamrick.

All4TheHerd.....I place myself in the Senior group of HERD Fans. However, I do not think Old. PLEASE explain "why the younger generation of fans are NOT attending football or basketball games at Marshall?" I am sure it has nothing to do with sitting in a stadium with old shits...like most of the parents!

HerdZilla22 (Gary Sweeney) in Charlotte

Well, before raleigh completely went off the topic, its a combination of things.
Its not just Doc or Legg or even Hamrick.
Many issues that have been addressed are much larger than anyone on this board can really handle themselves.
The economy is bad. Hence the complaining in ticket prices.
Marshall's conference is not exciting.
Marshall isn't a perfect football team.
Its too sunny at games.

I could go on and on why MU isn't drawing more crowds.
I can say the younger generations see football entirely different from yours. They see it as a social event and a place to drink, see friends, and see the players and cheerleaders they follow in Instagram.

You guys see it as an opportunity to load yourselves with complaints for the next 7 days and how you can spin things to justify your beliefs you spew out on here.
Thing is, you can't accept that others simply don't see, agree, or care about what you're saying and complaining about. It drives you nuts that students aren't lined up outside of Legg's house with pitchforks wanting him to resign.
Yet, the biggest complainers are the most silent when suggested to talk directly to the source of their problems.
Fact is, the majority of students don't give a shit. They certainly don't care how many run/pass plays Marshall runs. They're happy when Marshall wins and "oh well, next week" when they lose.
To them, you look foolish getting all bent out of shape over a 30-23 win because Legg called a set of plays at 7:36 in the 2nd quarter.
To you, they sound foolish when they say, "Hey, we won, right? What are you so upset about?"

ADVERTISEMENT