ADVERTISEMENT

Our attendance is pathetic

HerdnMich: small sidebar ? - The softball field - was it built on newly purchased land or existing property?
Marshall bought that land and tore down the old field house. People thanks Marshall is Broke but Marshall has cash and they just tell us fans we don't have money to do this or buy this coach out. Example was at the end of last year's football season for a new Qb coach or offense coach. The fans came up with 250k for this shortage in cash but our president and Ad took that cash and used it for other stuff and in a way just gave the fans a big middle finger. And at the end of the day Marshall is a business and if that business isn't making cash how long do you think it will last? Marshall is much like the state of West Virginia at least 10-15 years behind the rest of the country. And to be honest both should be much much better but people that run both are stuck 10-15 years behind everyone eles or let's face it just to dam old to change or not welling to do so and that is much worse then a younger person doing the job but learning as he or she goes. Bottom line is Marshall will spend there cash on what they want and if the fans want change then they will have to pay for it.

But you haven't. You've said what you would tell him.
You have yet to show you even have the balls to speak to him.
Until you do, you have nothing to contribute.

I contribute SuperFan and will continue to do so. Get over yourself. Keep dreaming about glow sticks and keep celebrating this team’s coaching ineptness.

Marshall bought that land and tore down the old field house.

Actually, the old field house had become a burden on the Park Board, which GAVE the building to us at no charge. There was some athletic money in the soccer complex, but most of it came from state economic development because we characterized the place as an "economic development tourist attraction". BTW, much of the money for the IPF came from state academic money as it houses sports medicine and other academic functions.

People thanks Marshall is Broke but Marshall has cash and they just tell us fans we don't have money to do this or buy this coach out.
Example was at the end of last year's football season for a new Qb coach or offense coach. The fans came up with 250k for this shortage in cash but our president and Ad took that cash and used it for other stuff and in a way just gave the fans a big middle finger.

Link please.

And at the end of the day Marshall is a business and if that business isn't making cash how long do you think it will last?

As outlined by USA Today's FOIA reports, subsidy and athletic fees, same as 95% of programs.

Reactions: All4TheHerd
You guys defending Hammy and the status quo have to be the biggest suckers around. I have some beach front property in Welch that I will sell cheap. Great opportunity for a absentee owner.

Reactions: THUNDER8718
Marshall bought that land and tore down the old field house. People thanks Marshall is Broke but Marshall has cash and they just tell us fans we don't have money to do this or buy this coach out. Example was at the end of last year's football season for a new Qb coach or offense coach. The fans came up with 250k for this shortage in cash but our president and Ad took that cash and used it for other stuff and in a way just gave the fans a big middle finger. And at the end of the day Marshall is a business and if that business isn't making cash how long do you think it will last? Marshall is much like the state of West Virginia at least 10-15 years behind the rest of the country. And to be honest both should be much much better but people that run both are stuck 10-15 years behind everyone eles or let's face it just to dam old to change or not welling to do so and that is much worse then a younger person doing the job but learning as he or she goes. Bottom line is Marshall will spend there cash on what they want and if the fans want change then they will have to pay for it.

Marshall does not have the money you think they do.
The MU Rec was built with borrowed money as were the new dorms. Both of which Marshall leases and has to fill a quote of money paid each year for another 15 or so years.
Hence why a student is required to pay the maximim amount for meals, even if they don't eat them all per week.*

Also, MU was moving in a newer direction by itself, AKA Professional degrees like Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, etc. It ticked off the Liberal Arts people because Kopp said they weren't focusing on those as much.

Marshall does have money. But they are strapped to maintain what they have because they want to strengthen their programs and introduce others.

*not sure if this is still around. When I was there, they had just finished them and the Rec...and if you lived in those dorms, you paid for the max meal plan.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Wrong. I don’t complain. Just point out the flaws in superfans arguments on this forum. You have no idea what i do elsewhere. I like it that way.

You're not a real professional, but you play one in real life.

pattonr@marshall.edu

Put in the Subject line: Mike Hamrick

Now, don't be scared. I know these kinds of things can be a little scary for you. But if you do this correctly, I am sure Mike will extend you a meeting to discuss your ideas.
When that happens, I'll help you with speaking and dressing professionally.

You're not a real professional, but you play one in real life.

pattonr@marshall.edu

Put in the Subject line: Mike Hamrick

Now, don't be scared. I know these kinds of things can be a little scary for you. But if you do this correctly, I am sure Mike will extend you a meeting to discuss your ideas.
When that happens, I'll help you with speaking and dressing professionally.

You’re trying too hard to look important here. You can barely stay on topic and offer a coherent discussion.

Now you’re resorting to posting things I’ve already said to you as some type of original put down??? Keep embarrassing yourself. It’s funny!

You’re trying too hard to look important here. You can barely stay on topic and offer a coherent discussion.

Now you’re resorting to posting things I’ve already said to you as some type of original put down??? Keep embarrassing yourself. It’s funny!

Still waiting for you to grow a nutsack and talk to Hamrick directly.
But hey, continue to cower and pretend you're contributing.
Until you put your little amount of money where your big mouth is, I will simply respond with '...'
In the amount of time spent responding to this, you could have written Hamrick directly.

Still waiting for you to grow a nutsack and talk to Hamrick directly.

In the amount of time spent responding to this, you could have written Hamrick directly.

You been working on that reply all evening superfan?
(yet another poster thinking and talking about my nutsack in various threads)
You must swing from Hammy's .

Well, before raleigh completely went off the topic, its a combination of things.
Its not just Doc or Legg or even Hamrick.
Many issues that have been addressed are much larger than anyone on this board can really handle themselves.
The economy is bad. Hence the complaining in ticket prices.
Marshall's conference is not exciting.
Marshall isn't a perfect football team.
Its too sunny at games.

I could go on and on why MU isn't drawing more crowds.
I can say the younger generations see football entirely different from yours. They see it as a social event and a place to drink, see friends, and see the players and cheerleaders they follow in Instagram.

You guys see it as an opportunity to load yourselves with complaints for the next 7 days and how you can spin things to justify your beliefs you spew out on here.
Thing is, you can't accept that others simply don't see, agree, or care about what you're saying and complaining about. It drives you nuts that students aren't lined up outside of Legg's house with pitchforks wanting him to resign.
Yet, the biggest complainers are the most silent when suggested to talk directly to the source of their problems.
Fact is, the majority of students don't give a shit. They certainly don't care how many run/pass plays Marshall runs. They're happy when Marshall wins and "oh well, next week" when they lose.
To them, you look foolish getting all bent out of shape over a 30-23 win because Legg called a set of plays at 7:36 in the 2nd quarter.
To you, they sound foolish when they say, "Hey, we won, right? What are you so upset about?"

OK I'll buy that. Times are really changing. I'm glad I was a student when I was at Marshall...A lot less STRESS than today's youngsters....just my observations.

HerdZilla22

250K is chump change in college athletics these days. That doesn't pay to wash the teams' uniforms for a year. Marshall is broke playing in C-USA, taking more than $12 million per year from the school's general revenue fund to operate. That is not sustainable long term.

They'd be ahead to go independent, or drop back down a class.

Answer this? Marshall could jam fairfield stadium with what 15,000 fans. I have seen it packed and people standing. Back then there were more people and jobs. Now its less people and no jobs. My question,,Why do people think we go from 15,000 to 30,000 just because of a new stadium?I know we have packed the joan with over 30,000 but far from the norm. We added new seats not because we needed them but had to have that many seats to play in D 1. Isnt that why we added seats?

250K is chump change in college athletics these days. That doesn't pay to wash the teams' uniforms for a year. Marshall is broke playing in C-USA, taking more than $12 million per year from the school's general revenue fund to operate. That is not sustainable long term.

They'd be ahead to go independent, or drop back down a class.

Independent is weird...apparently they don't have to play one a other.
UMass is 1st in Independent with a whopping 1-0 conference record and 4-7 overall record.
Even ahead of Notre Dame, who is still listed as an Independent? Despite requiring what, 5 ACC opponents?

Marshall doesn't have the money for it nor could we attract opponents to come here for 1:1 that would "entertain" the fans.

I also think Independents are going to be forced to join a conference eventually.

Answer this? Marshall could jam fairfield stadium with what 15,000 fans. I have seen it packed and people standing. Back then there were more people and jobs. Now its less people and no jobs. My question,,Why do people think we go from 15,000 to 30,000 just because of a new stadium?I know we have packed the joan with over 30,000 but far from the norm. We added new seats not because we needed them but had to have that many seats to play in D 1. Isnt that why we added seats?

Because the product was good. Also, as you said, we had to meet D1 requirements. MU expanded when the WV economy began to really take some hits. Combine that with Snyser era football, its a mixture for smaller crowds.
UK hosting a top 25 team seemingly every week just a quick drive away, idiot HS post season football schedules, wvu pretending to be a big time school, and WVians as a whole, being fickle and fairweather beyond any other state?
None of that bodes well for MU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT