ADVERTISEMENT

Our visit with Sid Torlone

herdinatl

Bronze Buffalo
Jul 2, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Yesterday, Shanna (Jannson's mom) and I had the pleasure of meeting and visiting with Sid and his wife Robin at Shepherd Spinal Center. We had never met them before but knowing that they were here in Atlanta we wanted to reach out to them. They have had season tickets for 38 years and are big Jannson fans so we wanted to share some herd love Georgia style. What was supposed to be about a 30 minute visit turned into a 2-hour great time. We got to see some pics of what he looked like right after the incident and to say he is a walking miracle is an understatement. He still has a ways to go and more surgeries in his future, but he is doing great and is supposed to come back to Huntington in a couple of weeks. He is walking without aid and actually met us down at the door outside the lobby. Last year, Shanna had some shirts made with Marshall basketball on the front and a hand indicating a "made 3-pointer" along with Jannson's signature on the back. We took both them each a shirt and they loved them. We talked about everything from football, to basketball, to Jannson's journey to Marshall, to this seasons team. We all laughed at our experiences from the conference tournament and the NCAA tournament and even some funny moments with us and Coach Danny. We had a great time with them both and I shared with Sid that everyone from the forum sends their well wishes. We left with a promise to call them the next time we get to Huntington and they even offered us to sit with them at the basketball games,when seats are available, since the parent seats put us behind the basket. Can't complain when they are given to us though. Please continue to send prayers and positive thoughts Sid and Robin's way! Go Sid.....and GO HERD!!

I spoke with Sid last night and he spoke of your visit. You thrilled him with the visit.
As you said, he is coming along and expects to be back in The Promised Land in 2-3 weeks.
He asked me to thank all that have supported and prayed for him through this ordeal.
As I told him, it isn't the same eating at GD Ritzy's with him not there. I'm looking forward to his return. We miss him at basketball practice as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT