ADVERTISEMENT

Over/Under 15,000 next week for UNCC

BleedsGreen33

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2010
I say they'll announce 19-21k, but there will be about 13,000 butts in the seats.

If we WON this game, the next 2 home games were going to be the lowest attended since we moved up. Now, even less.

Frankly, I doubt I watch another game. When you have kids, your time is limited as far your entertainment options. I'll watch the low tier bowl game we likely play in, but that'll be it. I'm way more invested in the basketball team at this point.

Last edited:
Minus 2 from my side, for both of the remaining home games.

I had been contemplating going to the bowl game, if we make it to 6 wins, but after the Southern Miss game I'm not sure about that now. The only way to get the point across to the athletic department is to hurt the already ailing bank account.

Win or loose I support the team and university. Do I enjoy watching our team play the way we just did?
Absolutely not. We’ve been through much darker days than this and survived to become a good program. We have to hang in despite fans individual frustrations. JMO

Win or loose I support the team and university. Do I enjoy watching our team play the way we just did?
Absolutely not. We’ve been through much darker days than this and survived to become a good program. We have to hang in despite fans individual frustrations. JMO

Despite my disgust at how this season has played out, I will still watch every game and root for the Herd. If I lived in WV I would be at every home game doing the same.

I just need to stop getting my hopes up. It seems Hamrick is ok with the status quo.

Will be among the 13,000, 15,000, whatever number ?, on Saturday. Making it a Herd weekend with the basketball home opener on Sunday afternoon! Hoping for a Herd "double header" sweep next weekend!!

Reactions: jbherd and whf2
Us too, we'll be there waiting for kick-off, just like we would if we would 8 and 0.

I say coming to the games is the right thing to do; send mail, email, texts, letters, whatever you'd like to the Administration, but don't mess with the teams' emotion and get talk going about the fans not supporting them. That is the last thing we need.

Once upon a time I would get very upset at a game or season like this. Now I don't get upset at all.

Me as well. We’ll be out of the country next week. No game for us. Not sure if we will make it up from NC for the last game either.

19 K announced, 12 K actually there, if game goes as I expect, 5 K remaining at 7:00 mark of 3rd quarter.

43 and partly cloudy.

Instead of watching Doc get out-coached again, I may go catch some WV High School Football playoff action Saturday afternoon. Point Pleasant is hosting Mingo Central and Poca is hosting Weir. Both, at least on paper, should be good games.

Reactions: herdinmichigan
Looking at Saturday's forecast today and the NWS is calling for a high temperature of 40 degrees, mostly sunny but with a 10 mph NW wind with gusts around 20 mph.

Ditto. I've come to the point where I set my expectations low so I don't get so disappointed.
same here.
It used to be that after a loss, you had better not speak to me. Expect me to go home and hibernate. Last week, while in Hattiesburg after the game, we went to a restaurant for dinner. The server made mention of the game and asked the score. Heck, I had totally forgotten it or even the margin of loss.
Nope, it no longer ruins my week or even day.

I will be there just like always. I may not like certain things with the program but I support Marshall Athletics and will support those players on the field and those watching from above. It could be worse. Way worse.

same here.
It used to be that after a loss, you had better not speak to me. Expect me to go home and hibernate. Last week, while in Hattiesburg after the game, we went to a restaurant for dinner. The server made mention of the game and asked the score. Heck, I had totally forgotten it or even the margin of loss.

Glad to hear you have adjusted perspective. If your not a player, coach, administrator, or a family member of the aforementioned it shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to return to normal lol.
That’s why I prefer games to start at one, that gives you plenty of time to mix a pitcher of shorties, have a nice steak and relax before bed.

same here.
Apathy seems to be spreading like the plague.

Reactions: Herdmeister
Let's not act like this doesn't happen every year regardless of outcome; our crowds decrease as the season goes on, regardless of how the team is doing. The attendance figures barely show it because we overstate actual attendance by about 43%, but anybody who goes to games late in the season knows you have plenty of room to stretch out after the middle of October, no matter where you're sitting.

That’s why I prefer games to start at one, that gives you plenty of time to mix a pitcher of shorties, have a nice steak and relax before bed.
Although I seldom drink anything stronger than water and I prefer a nicely cooked salmon or bowl of pasta, I know what you're saying. lol

Reactions: GreenDuke
[QUOTE=". The only way to get the point across to the athletic department is to hurt the already ailing bank account.[/QUOTE]

What point needs to be made? Change of coaching? Better schedule? Different uniforms?

Why do people get upset about the attendance and what is announced versus actual butts in seats. Every team in the country does it. It’s not MU has some damn conspiracy going on. Go if you can, if you can’t, enjoy the weekend.
We hope to come up for UTSA.

Let's not act like this doesn't happen every year regardless of outcome; our crowds decrease as the season goes on, regardless of how the team is doing. The attendance figures barely show it because we overstate actual attendance by about 43%, but anybody who goes to games late in the season knows you have plenty of room to stretch out after the middle of October, no matter where you're sitting.
Yep, we could be undefeated and ranked in the top-4 of the CFP rankings and we would have 20K this time of year.

same here.

I hear you. I know you call yourself primarily a BB fan although you are a great supporter of both. I'd say I love both our primary men's sports the same.....but the last couple of years a BB loss bothers me way more than a FB loss even though each regular season FB games means much more to the seasons success.

Reactions: Sean Hammond
Yep, we could be undefeated and ranked in the top-4 of the CFP rankings and we would have 20K this time of year.

I agree and I actually think there would be more Herd fans in seats if they were playing a 5-5 Ohio state team while the Herd was 5-5 than there would be if the Herd was 10-0 playing for a conference championship. That's something that drives me nuts.

Why do people get upset about the attendance and what is announced versus actual butts in seats. Every team in the country does it. It’s not MU has some damn conspiracy going on. Go if you can, if you can’t, enjoy the weekend.
We hope to come up for UTSA.

I wonder why people get so upset. Who cares. Do what you want to do and not worry about what you can’t control. When I gave up worrying about attendance and wanting to hit a wall on losses my enjoyment went up considerably. It is a game...at the end of the day I am healthy and my family is so I just move on. It isn’t apathy. It is priorities. I have enough stress to deal with and some stupid play call isn’t going to control me.

Go and have fun or stay home and watch on TV.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT