ADVERTISEMENT

Peneva Rumor

I thought one of factors in this whole scenario was the desire of his parents that he come back near home in Europe. Believe the initial idea was that if he didn't land with a NBA deal this year he would return and play pro ball in Europe. Then we heard that he was going to the west coast and work on his game, strength and conditioning, etc. Not sure if we'll know all the factors at play. As said above, time for all parties to "move on".
we kept hearing his family was loaded and "had a plan" for the future and the kid did what was best for the famly.

we kept hearing his family was loaded and "had a plan" for the future and the kid did what was best for the famly.
If you mean his mom is a doctor and makes less that 25k per year and his dad works in the post office, then yes, you got it.
When Ajdin first came here he was planing on being a doctor. I asked him if he would then return to Bosnia. He made it very clear that doctors made very little money over there

If you mean his mom is a doctor and makes less that 25k per year and his dad works in the post office, then yes, you got it.
When Ajdin first came here he was planing on being a doctor. I asked him if he would then return to Bosnia. He made it very clear that doctors made very little money over there
then again why did he leave early?

He makes Darius Marshall look like he made a good decision.
Yep, Darius should have stayed for his SR year in 2010 as he would likely have been a late round pick after another good year. At least he was able to come back to school on scholarship to finish his degree.

I believe the agent got in AP’s ear and gave him some really bad advice. It’s not an exact science and I think everyone was riding the high from the NCAA tourney.

Reactions: AllEers6
Yep, Darius should have stayed for his SR year in 2010 as he would likely have been a late round pick after another good year. At least he was able to come back to school on scholarship to finish his degree.

Honestly I don’t think DM would have lasted long under Doc. I think that may have factored into his decision

Reactions: kdbherdon

What makes you say that?

Star players tend to stick around quite a while regardless of their actions. Must we again mention the player named in the FBI indictment for being a part in a drug ring, having a gun(s), admitting to selling the drugs, yet stuck around on the team for almost a year in order to get two TDs and/or INTs to beat Purdue?

Must we bring to light just how much Cato got away with while at Marshall which was, at most, met with a slap on the wrist?

Lets be realistic here. If the kid was a stud and actually producing instead of just having potential, he would have been retained.

Lets be realistic here. If the kid was a stud and actually producing instead of just having potential, he would have been retained.

There are a number of players, who have been productive, that Doc has washed his hands of. Using one player as an example is somewhat skewed IMO, regardless the nature of his actions.

Reactions: 19MU88
Honestly I don’t think DM would have lasted long under Doc. I think that may have factored into his decision
Maybe not, but Minter suspended him immediately after taking over as interim HC, and he really never got a chance to work within Doc's rules as he quickly decided to declare for the draft afterwords. The problem was that Snyder let his star players do whatever they wanted to do so DM cut corners and was doing his best Josh Gordon imitation. If DM could have conformed to Doc's new rules he would have prospered his SR year in Legg's offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT