ADVERTISEMENT

Pittsburgh Friends of Marshall

Mar 13, 2007
For those of you that don't go on Herdfans, I wanted to reach out to everyone on here as well on an important project I am working on. I am in the process of putting some feelers out there to identify Marshall alumni, and fans in the Pittsburgh area. I moved up here three years ago, and have wanted to get an alumni/ Big Green donor chapter started here in Pittsburgh since moving here. With the upcoming game against Pitt I believe now is the perfect time to start trying to put something together. I've had some conversations with John Sutherland with the Big Green this past football season, and we believe there's a great opportunity up here to build a support base. I plan on trying to continue those conversations with John now that the football season is over. However, it would make things a whole lot easier on me to support this effort if I have proof that we have a growing fan base up here that is ready to put Marshall's stamp on this area. I see more and more cars with Marshall stickers on them up here every day. So I know the fan base exists.

What I am asking right now is that if you live in the Pittsburgh area, or surrounding areas (ie. Morgantown, Wheeling, etc) then please go on facebook and join the group "Pittsburgh Friends of Marshall". If you don't have facebook then just drop a reply to this post, or private message me that you live in the area and would like to support a Big Green chapter in Pittsburgh if we can get it started. The thought of having a group of Pittsburgh based Marshall supporters representing the university at this years game is something I think we would all be proud to see much like the Cincinnati chapter has done out there. If you know of someone that lives in Pittsburgh, but isn't on herdnation please pass this along to them. Please help spread the word, and let's turn the Steel City Kelly Green this fall! Go Herd

@herdfan_07 my suggestion to you guys would be to create a Facebook fan page instead of a group. It's easier for people to like the page, you have more options with posting and creating events. Just a better platform than a group. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the support, and the feedback regarding facebook. I probably will create a page once we get going. I wanted to get a feel for what support we would have first before I got too carried away. Getting a pretty good response so far though.

Reactions: Mike Gwinn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT