ADVERTISEMENT

Power House FAU loses again

not true at all. Since 1997 we have 6 conference championships, 4 Top 25 rankings and 2 Heisman trophy finalists.We also have 8 10 win or better seasons Sorry negative nellie not even close. Not even close. Please quit trying to say cause they had one good year they are the better program.

I was talking CUSA.

I always appreciate the Herd, win or lose. I appreciate our efforts even more when the teams we play have a winning record instead of a losing record. Therefore, I always...ALWAYS pull for teams we have played or will play in any given season to win every game they play except the game they play against us! Therefore, I receive no gratification from seeing our opposition lose unless they are losing to THE HERD or when a loss by them would benefit Marshall. BTW, I also recall when everyone thought UCF was the laughing stock of our conference! IMHO, the future of FAU and WKU are positive.

If they lost half the players that were hurt during their visit to Huntington, I don’t know how they fielded a team this week. They had players down almost every play. They were being carried off and carted off left and right. Several times they had two players down on a single play.

I always appreciate the Herd, win or lose. I appreciate our efforts even more when the teams we play have a winning record instead of a losing record. Therefore, I always...ALWAYS pull for teams we have played or will play in any given season to win every game they play except the game they play against us! Therefore, I receive no gratification from seeing our opposition lose unless they are losing to THE HERD or when a loss by them would benefit Marshall. BTW, I also recall when everyone thought UCF was the laughing stock of our conference! IMHO, the future of FAU and WKU are positive.
Agreed. I want all of our conference mates to win EVERY OOC game.

If they lost half the players that were hurt during their visit to Huntington, I don’t know how they fielded a team this week. They had players down almost every play. They were being carried off and carted off left and right. Several times they had two players down on a single play.

Agreed. We watched them carry one player off the field and immediately put his lower leg in an air cast. While that was going on, one of the Marshall trainers ran to get the John Deere Gator to take him to the Shewey Building.

not true at all. Since 1997 we have 6 conference championships, 4 Top 25 rankings and 2 Heisman trophy finalists.We also have 8 10 win or better seasons Sorry negative nellie not even close. Not even close. Please quit trying to say cause they had one good year they are the better program.

Well, we still have one CUSA championship. Just like FAU.

Well, we still have one CUSA championship. Just like FAU.
Okay, but I don't agree with your winner takes all assessment herdman. I agree we should have at least one more title under Doc , maybe 2 more by now. However, to suggest that we suck and haven't accomplished anything of note because of how many titles seems silly. To suggest that FAU is on the same level as a program as we are because they have the same number of titles in recent memory makes me laugh my butt off. Even the best teams don't win the conference every year. Look at this example. I am not comparing the two conferences so don't say that I am. Since 1997 when we moved to D-1 football we have won 6 conference titles. Now look at the SEC.During that same time period Georgia has 3, LSU 4, Auburn 3 and mighty Alabama 6. Does Georgia suck? Does LSU? When FAU can put together more than one good season I will change my tune. Until then not going to happen.

Okay, but I don't agree with your winner takes all assessment herdman. I agree we should have at least one more title under Doc , maybe 2 more by now. However, to suggest that we suck and haven't accomplished anything of note because of how many titles seems silly. To suggest that FAU is on the same level as a program as we are because they have the same number of titles in recent memory makes me laugh my butt off. Even the best teams don't win the conference every year. Look at this example. I am not comparing the two conferences so don't say that I am. Since 1997 when we moved to D-1 football we have won 6 conference titles. Now look at the SEC.During that same time period Georgia has 3, LSU 4, Auburn 3 and mighty Alabama 6. Does Georgia suck? Does LSU? When FAU can put together more than one good season I will change my tune. Until then not going to happen.
I didn't say we sucked. I think Marshall is a better program than FAU. Matter of fact is or should be the best program in CUSA. The base foundation of the program at Marshall is better than any other team in CUSA.

What I will say is that the program has underachieved for some time now.

We all should root for The Owls to put it all together this Saturday and knock off FIU.

Reactions: pdbailey
I didn't say we sucked. I think Marshall is a better program than FAU. Matter of fact is or should be the best program in CUSA. The base foundation of the program at Marshall is better than any other team in CUSA.

What I will say is that the program has underachieved for some time now.
Agreed. That is the disappointing thing. We should be dominating this league and we aren't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT