ADVERTISEMENT

Private email for government official government business...

HerdBuckeye

Gold Buffalo
Feb 23, 2009
Seems at least 6 of Trump officials including Prebius, kushner, Cohen, Bannon and Ivanka are all being probed for using private emails for official business. I would love to know if the trump supporters on this board think they should all be locked up if the probe shows they did.....

its absolutely wrong for anyone to do govt business over private email but did they handle classified info over email because you know that was the issue you're just trying to score cheap political points

tenor.gif

As far as I know it is still not illegal to use private emails for official business.

Official business and classified can be two separate issues. Classified yes there is legal implications.

Official business? Not supposed to happen but perhaps no jail time or even dismissal.

Example: hey herdman send me a quote for 25 widgets over their gmail. Not going to get you much trouble. Or meet me at 2pm for a late lunch meeting.

Example 2: hey herdman the embassy is under attack. Or, the attack is a prew dawn raid. Then, well Houston, we have a problem.

Official business? Not supposed to happen but perhaps no jail time or even dismissal.

You can't be sent to jail unless you've committed a crime. Something committed against policy is not a criminal offense and therefore there can be no jail time. WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS BEFORE.

Example 2: hey herdman the embassy is under attack. Or, the attack is a prew dawn raid. Then, well Houston, we have a problem.

That's precisely an example of when using private email was perfectly acceptable.

Seems at least 6 of Trump officials including Prebius, kushner, Cohen, Bannon and Ivanka are all being probed for using private emails for official business. I would love to know if the trump supporters on this board think they should all be locked up if the probe shows they did.....

SEAN & RUSH AND THE GANG AT FOX AND HERDMAN AND HIS GANG ARE REALLY GOING TO BE PISSED OFF
WHEN THEY HEAR ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never said Hillary should be locked up - mainly because that would never happen. And hell, I thought that before we found out Comey was corrupt & had zero intention of doing a Mueller level investigation. However, I do agree that just like Hillary, Prebius, Kushner, Cohen, Bannon and Ivanka should also not be President.

You can't be sent to jail unless you've committed a crime. Something committed against policy is not a criminal offense and therefore there can be no jail time. WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS BEFORE.

That's precisely an example of when using private email was perfectly acceptable.
Ok, so if a guy I know at Ft Stewart sends me an email on his yahoo account that says hey herdman we are going to attack Estonia in a pre-dawn raid then you are saying that is acceptable?

Ok, so if a guy I know at Ft Stewart sends me an email on his yahoo account that says hey herdman we are going to attack Estonia in a pre-dawn raid then you are saying that is acceptable?

That's NOT what you stated in the earlier post and it's not even vaguely similar. I shouldn't have to remind you of YOUR post but here it is........

"Example 2: hey herdman the embassy is under attack. Or, the attack is a prew dawn raid."

That's NOT what you stated in the earlier post and it's not even vaguely similar. I shouldn't have to remind you of YOUR post but here it is........

"Example 2: hey herdman the embassy is under attack. Or, the attack is a prew dawn raid."
are you smoking crack? The attack is a pre-dawn raid and I just listed an example of a pre-dawn raid and you say they are different?

Really? OK, smoking some good shit out there or what?

are you smoking crack? The attack is a pre-dawn raid and I just listed an example of a pre-dawn raid and you say they are different?

Really? OK, smoking some good shit out there or what?

Ok, so you're going to just fabricate stuff. Your earlier post was in regard to something you think hillary posted after the fact when emailing about benghazi. I know that, you know that. In the later post, you've changed from that to a person in the military emailing you and talking about something planned for today.

So I'll repeat....."That's NOT what you stated in the earlier post and it's not even vaguely similar."

Ok, so you're going to just fabricate stuff. Your earlier post was in regard to something you think hillary posted after the fact when emailing about benghazi. I know that, you know that. In the later post, you've changed from that to a person in the military emailing you and talking about something planned for today.

So I'll repeat....."That's NOT what you stated in the earlier post and it's not even vaguely similar."
No my post was saying a military operation Example 2 had two examples in one. Good Lord. Example 1 also had two.

Get a grip.

No my post was saying a military operation Example 2 had two examples in one. Good Lord. Example 1 also had two.

Get a grip.

I have a better grip than you. I don't need to fabricate things. No wonder you support cheetos.

Example 2: hey herdman the embassy is under attack.

That^^^is not a problem.

Or, the attack is a prew dawn raid.

If we pretend by the above statement that someone is foretelling an upcoming mission, yeah, problem.

Just like Hillary, if they sent classified government emails through private accounts, there should be repercussions. Whether it is imprisonment, fined, fired, or whatever. At the very least, they should lose their security clearance.

I have a better grip than you. I don't need to fabricate things. No wonder you support cheetos.

That^^^is not a problem.

If we pretend by the above statement that someone is foretelling an upcoming mission, yeah, problem.
US Embassy is under attack is not a problem? OK...ughhh yehhhh it is.. When the public doesn't know yet...ughghhh yehh big issue there for most people who would do that.

Reactions: HerdFan76
US Embassy is under attack is not a problem? OK...ughhh yehhhh it is.. When the public doesn't know yet...ughghhh yehh big issue there for most people who would do that.

No. Not a problem. You really think emailing someone that the embassy is being attacked is classified information ?

Just like Hillary, if they sent classified government emails through private accounts, there should be repercussions. Whether it is imprisonment, fined, fired, or whatever. At the very least, they should lose their security clearance.

There were a total of 2 (two) emails marked as classified regarding Hillary. They did not contain material putting national security at risk.

No. Not a problem. You really think emailing someone that the embassy is being attacked is classified information ?

There can be a hundred reasons why. You asking this question shows you'll never understand. It's not even your fault for thinking this way, it's the age of instant information that's to blame.

There can be a hundred reasons why. You asking this question shows you'll never understand. It's not even your fault for thinking this way, it's the age of instant information that's to blame.

Like every other conservative, you live scared. It it's quick it's scary, if it's big it's scary, if it's new it's scary. It's why conservatives can never get enough military, enough police, enough walls.

Like every other conservative, you live scared. It it's quick it's scary, if it's big it's scary, if it's new it's scary. It's why conservatives can never get enough military, enough police, enough walls.

Like every liberal, you only think of yourself.

Take one minute and think why it might be a bad idea to announce an attack on us in a semi-permissive environment.

Like every liberal, you only think of yourself.

Take one minute and think why it might be a bad idea to announce an attack on us in a semi-permissive environment.

Conjure up some ways that would be detrimental if an embassy attack is emailed.

Conjure up some ways that would be detrimental if an embassy attack is emailed.

If a small element is under attack in a semi or non-permissive area you don't announce it on open source. It can lead to further attacks.

If an embassy has been attacked and has a weakened defense, unsourced emails can lead to further exposure.

If a loved one was killed during an attack the family should be officially notified instead of hearing from an unofficial source, which could be leaked by that type of email. It's SOP to shut down all communications after an attack that caused causalities until immediate family members can be notified in an official and respectful way.

Want me to conjure anything else up, cocxuker?

Last edited:
Before it is public knowledge. Yes. Before it announced that a US Ambassador is dead, yes. While there is a possible rescue operation going on yes.

I have actually been to the a state department briefing/presentation where they walked around the building with all of us in attendance and they even watched us take a piss. They tend to take that stuff seriously. So yes, there is an issue with it.

Sending that out over email when there might be other attacks and your perimeter and escape routes might be compromised it might be an issue.

Think, before you talk.

"Conjure up some ways that would be detrimental if an embassy attack is emailed."

So, how does the enemy discover this email in time to aid the attackers of the enemy.

You having trouble answering my question? Here it is again.

"So, how does the enemy discover this email in time to aid the attackers of the embassy?"

You having trouble answering my question? Here it is again.

"So, how does the enemy discover this email in time to aid the attackers of the embassy?"
Why do soldiers use Red Lenses on Flashlights?

Why doesn't a general lay out a battle plan or troop movements on gmail? No need to worry right? Nobody would find out.

Nobody will find out in time, right? Why are all these uncessary rules in place.

No big deal the Chinese might be hacking email right? They won't tell anybody or use it???

You are laughable sometimes.

Last edited:
Why do soldiers use Red Lenses on Flashlights?

Why doesn't a general lay out a battle plan or troop movements on gmail? No need to worry right?

Why does the DOD have regulations for this? No need to worry because an idiot in Wayne says nobody can hack it or aide? Do what you want ,right?

Why does the DOD have regulations for this? No need to worry because an idiot in Wayne says nobody can hack it or aide? Do what you want ,right?

What does greed know about security? Wait, nothing.

Why does the DOD have those rules in place if there is nothing to worry about?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT