ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Hires Brohm

I dunno, I think he could steer Purdue back to the Drew Brees type offense and at least make them competent again. BUT he didn't start with a bare cupboard at WKU, so its an unknown how well he will do with that at Purdue.

Think about it. If he ever gets them to 6 wins, he'll be there for life if he wants. I did think he would go to a more established program though.

Well WKU has lost Brohm and prolly many of it's coaches. They lose about 11-12 starters. Let's see if Doc can finally beat them next fall.

Reactions: The Real SamC
TwolHerdfan Doc won't beat anyone on next years schedule if he is retaining Legg, Mirabel, and Heater! Just saying.

Think about it. If he ever gets them to 6 wins, he'll be there for life if he wants. I did think he would go to a more established program though.

Well WKU has lost Brohm and prolly many of it's coaches. They lose about 11-12 starters. Let's see if Doc can finally beat them next fall.

Nope. WKU may still whip our ass.

Brohm moves 304 miles from Bowling Green Kentucky and goes from CUSA to the Big 10 and sets himself up financially for life , regardless of the outcome.

Not hard to comprehend.
He should have waited to see if Doc was let go. He could be making, what, $600,000 here????

The Tops last 3 coaches were Taggert, Petrino and Brohm. They will find someone to keep the trains moving and Doc will lose down there next year.

Purdue is not the easiest job. Clearly the #2 (public) school in the state, and clearly the #2 sport on campus. Hardcore ag/tech school with high academic standards and no cupcake majors to hide kids in. Less than 1200 black non-athlete students in a school of 40K. 60% male. Grim kind of science geek place.

But, one, the guy gets enough money to set himself up for life. And, two, the expectations are low. 8 wins and you are a genius. 6 gets you a 10 year renewal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT