ADVERTISEMENT

QBs

Marshall Jeff

Platinum Buffalo
Jan 10, 2006
Did Alex Thompson hurt his throwing shoulder or the other one? He seems a little injury-prone to me.

Do you think Green will get some decent playing time? I know a lot remains to be seen just curious as to what others think.

Did Alex Thompson hurt his throwing shoulder or the other one? He seems a little injury-prone to me.

Do you think Green will get some decent playing time? I know a lot remains to be seen just curious as to what others think.
Not sure which arm but he has missed all or part of 3 of the last 4 years. Yep,quite a bit injury proned.
Someone had posted "yes, but he had a FCS line protecting him, not a line as good as ours". True but he had a FCS defense chasing him too

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
All things I have considered, I am not sold on Thompson. I'd love to be wrong.

But I am sold on Green.

And I know my opinion doesn't matter to the coaches...

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Alex injured his throwing shoulder.

Where are y'all getting he missed time outside of last year? He played in 22/22 games at Wagner over the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

He missed his entire freshman season with a PCL injury. That is why he will most likely get a sixth year. Out of four seasons, he has basically missed two of them with two different injuries.

Before Michael Birdsong's two game stint in 2015, the last transfer to start a game at QB for Marshall was Eric Kresser in 1996.

Not sure which arm but he has missed all or part of 3 of the last 4 years. Yep,quite a bit injury proned.
Someone had posted "yes, but he had a FCS line protecting him, not a line as good as ours". True but he had a FCS defense chasing him too
Thomson's offensive line would have been bad for a D3 line to be honest. He was running for his life on almost every play that wasn't a hand-off to the RB.

He missed his entire freshman season with a PCL injury. That is why he will most likely get a sixth year. Out of four seasons, he has basically missed two of them with two different injuries.
True. The PCL injury happened his SR year of HS and lead to him having to sit out as a T-FR from what I understand. The good news is the injury didn't appear to hurt his mobility in the pocket, scrambling, or as a runner when he played in the 2015-2017 seasons for Wagner.

Thomson's offensive line would have been bad for a D3 line to be honest. He was running for his life on almost every play that wasn't a hand-off to the RB.

This comes from what - all of the game film you've been able to see online that doesn't exist? Your knowledge of the protection scheme Wagner was using which allowed you to know if the QB (or whomever was making protection calls/adjustments at the line) was making the wrong ID calls/protection adjustments at the line?

Alex injured his throwing shoulder.

Where are y'all getting he missed time outside of last year? He played in 22/22 games at Wagner over the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

.......since no one is refuting the above statement, it must be true! Looking forward to actually seeing @ in a live scrimmage.....

Yags - yes it was. It seems every topic on this board lately devolves from what the O.P. started into inane arguments over who’s more correct, or more wrong. Just ready to see the kid in action...

Yags - yes it was. It seems every topic on this board lately devolves from what the O.P. started into inane arguments over who’s more correct, or more wrong. Just ready to see the kid in action...

The original post questioned if he was injury prone or not. I don't understand how discussing his injury history to determine any link to being injury prone is devolving from what the original poster stated. It seems like it is entirely on topic.

The original post questioned if he was injury prone or not. I don't understand how discussing his injury history to determine any link to being injury prone is devolving from what the original poster stated. It seems like it is entirely on topic.
point taken.
So, what I was getting at is the 2015 & 2016 seasons. IF in fact Thomson played in every game (22/22) during that time period, I would contend that that speaks to his durability. Since you didn’t slice & dice that purported fact (22/22), then I am confident you already researched it and found it to be accurate......

point taken.
So, what I was getting at is the 2015 & 2016 seasons. IF in fact Thomson played in every game (22/22) during that time period, I would contend that that speaks to his durability. Since you didn’t slice & dice that purported fact (22/22), then I am confident you already researched it and found it to be accurate......

You're basing your decision on half of his resume? That doesn't lead to much of an accurate result. On top of that, which is already bad enough, think about what you're saying: if a guy plays in 22 of 22 games, that somehow excludes him from being injury prone? What if he played the first series in 22 of 22 games only to get hurt and miss the rest of those games?

He has basically missed half of the games he was eligible to play due to injury. That's definitely considered "injury prone," especially considering they are multiple injuries and not just one lingering issue. Besides missing his entire redshirt season due to injury and almost his entire junior season due to injury, he also left a 14-10 game at halftime in 2015 due to injury and didn't return.

Knowing all of that, calling him "injury prone" is not only entirely fair but also very accurate.

Last edited:
You're basing your decision on half of his resume? That doesn't lead to much of an accurate result. On top of that, which is already bad enough, think about what you're saying: if a guy plays in 22 of 22 games, that somehow excludes him from being injury prone? What is he played the first series in 22 of 22 games only to get hurt and miss the rest of those games?

He has basically missed half of the games he was eligible to play due to injury. That's definitely considered "injury prone," especially considering they are multiple injuries and not just one lingering issue. Besides missing his entire redshirt season due to injury and almost his entire junior season due to injury, he also left a 14-10 game at halftime in 2015 due to injury and didn't return.

Knowing all of that, calling him "injury prone" is not only entirely fair but also very accurate.

Time! Taking off the gloves and headgear. I would love to see a title fight between Josh & Ryan. Could YAGS ever get stowered? It would be epic!
Go Herd!!

Now, that's not very fun, is it?
Why are you here? All you do is attack everyone on here like your an internet tough guy and it is old and stale. I don't care if you were an MU athlete, you don't deserve to be on this site because of how you treat people, and one of these days you will get what you deserve for it.

Why are you here? All you do is attack everyone on here like your an internet tough guy and it is old and stale. I don't care if you were an MU athlete, you don't deserve to be on this site because of how you treat people, and one of these days you will get what you deserve for it.

* you're

My questions to you were very reasonable. You made a statement. I wondered how you could make such a specific statement, knowing that other than highlights of a handful of games online, there really isn't any way for you to watch Wagner game film from last year.

And that set you off for the reaction that you had?

It's no different from when Thomson first signed and so many of you suddenly became experts on what he was going to be able to do for Marshall's program. It's no different than how the board reacted when Birdsong was going to be the savior . . . or Willy Korn . . . or Cole Garvin because he "just gets it" after he took teammates to the cemetery . . . only to then tear those guys down when they didn't live up to the absurd hero status you prematurely bestowed upon them.

The board has done the same thing with Cramsey.

So, again, I will ask: what allows you to know that Wagner had what would have been a bad D3 offensive line? After sacks were taken out, they averaged over 5 yards per rush, which is pretty damn good. Hell, you're the one who claimed his first injury (the PCL) happened while he was in high school. I guess that was the fault of the Wagner offensive line, too, right?

pd - YAGS is an interesting piece of work. I have fought that battle already, so I will just say this:
I still don’t agree with his style and methods. BUT - and I say this like I am trying to extract the heart to win Operation .......he has gone away from the name-calling and gutter references of a couple of months ago. I can stand the heat; none of us deserve the disrespect and belittling.
So, karma sometimes works on different schedules.

There's a difference between being injury prone and being unlucky. For example, I wouldn't say Chad Pennington was injury prone. HS, college, and first several years in the NFL without anything bad. Then he got unlucky and fell on his shoulder wrong, then it happened again. To me that doesn't mean injury prone.

That's how I am looking at this new kid. He took some hits that led to injury. It's not like he has chronic bad knees or ankles that will almost guarantee that he will be losing starts. To me that's what injury prone means.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT