ADVERTISEMENT

Quit Blaming Litton

Actually it's not, we only have what 6 senior starters and more starters that are Freshman and Sophomores than Junior and Seniors so yes this is a young team. What we have 30 out of 65 players on the travel squad that didn't travel last year. That's alot

Being young has been an excuse thrown around here for years. Docs discipline policy has assured us of that

Getting back to Chad, I remember him literally crawling off the field against Western Michigan, then coming back in to win the game.

Seven games, of which we WILL lose at least four and might lose six. Or keep that RS and have 12 games as a 5th year senior in 2020?

Pretty easy decision. This season no longer has any meaning. Play out the string. Don't get hurt. Don't do stupid stuff at 2:30AM. Study. Stay elligable. And don't burn a RS.

In theory, that's what you would want to do, have a bunch of RS Seniors. But in our case, we only have 2 starting now - Van Horn and Selby? We've never had many to begin with.
We need positive change now. Keeping Litton in will only continue the slide. There are too many statements going around about he not being a good teammate or well liked. Where there is smoke, there's fire.

Dear continual visiting eerbilly thank you for visiting our board again, and sharing your thoughts again.

Please now let's play a home and home series in football and basketball since you appear to show true interest in the Marshall program.

Seven games, of which we WILL lose at least four and might lose six. Or keep that RS and have 12 games as a 5th year senior in 2020?

Pretty easy decision. This season no longer has any meaning. Play out the string. Don't get hurt. Don't do stupid stuff at 2:30AM. Study. Stay elligable. And don't burn a RS.
yes, cause our back up qbs all stay around to graduate. der

I don't see how anyone can say if Litton is good or bad considering how poor the O line has played this year. Litton has had defenses in his face all year long and he has needed to run for his life or throw balls in a hurry. The O line has also had trouble opening up running lanes for the RBs so Litton has had virtually no running game by the offense to help him out. With no running game and an O line letting guys hit and hurry the QB all game long how can anyone say for sure how good or bad Litton really is? Marshall's O line is bad, bad. Even good QBs can look bad with a poor O line.

Reactions: ilmherdfan
Late to this party but... Litton is not the reason we are struggling. The offensive line is one of the worst we've had in a long time. Our play calling is hopelessly generic. And we don't have wide receivers that can get open. We will be fine. This is a young team. You can say "that's been an excuse for 7 years" all you want, but the fact is we replaced a lot of starters from last year.

It's sad that we are so ready to give up on a true sophomore half way through the season because he has had 2 bad games.

Phantom, I agree with you. It's not fair to judge Litton considering the lack of any support including the play calling.

This team has plenty of areas to blame.

That Legg...he made Chase flip the ball when he could have run, then talk smack, AND then throw off his back foot for an interception killing a scoring chance.

Reactions: Marine03
Those back footed throws that fell short/were picked off and the overthrows can be blamed on him. Just sayin.

That Legg...he made Chase flip the ball when he could have run, then talk smack, AND then throw off his back foot for an interception killing a scoring chance.

That play illustrated to me that we have a "soft" QB. There is no doubt that the much more undersized RC would have picked up a first or more. If the QB is not going to ever run on the read option, they should take it out of an already limited playbook.

That play illustrated to me that we have a "soft" QB. There is no doubt that the much more undersized RC would have picked up a first or more. If the QB is not going to ever run on the read option, they should take it out of an already limited playbook.

Really? I remember on multiple occasions Cato sliding before he needed to, and people on this board absolutely laying into him for it. So now we're going to look back and try and say that he definitely would have gotten the first down?

Also the back foot throw was with a ton of pressure, not trying to take a sack. Was it a dumb decision? Yes. But there are probably only 2 QBs in the nation that complete a pass on that play.

Really? I remember on multiple occasions Cato sliding before he needed to, and people on this board absolutely laying into him for it. So now we're going to look back and try and say that he definitely would have gotten the first down?

Also the back foot throw was with a ton of pressure, not trying to take a sack. Was it a dumb decision? Yes. But there are probably only 2 QBs in the nation that complete a pass on that play.

I've seen him slide plenty of times after he's gained positive yardage.

I think the big difference between this year and last is the absence of any protection the O-line. Add into that the fact that Chase clearly gets rattled when he faces any adversity and we have no one helping him with technique, then you get what we are seeing this year. Happy feet, poor decision making, and bad throws.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Once again Litton had the defense in his face all game long including the one int he threw. Our running game managed to only average 2.5 yards a carry, yet Litton is still able to throw for 330 yards at a 69.3% completion rate with one TD as a true Sophomore and he is the problem?

2 things. that freshman center is getting killed.

litton has been a little gun shy - when that shows
up on film they get after him that much more.

im just a fan that hates when people blame it on one player when THEY WIN AS A TEAM AND LOSE AS A TEAM its a team effort
The QB is usually the fall guy! With that being said, I went to Pitt game and Litton stood off from the team for the whole first half! One man can't run a team, he should have been with coaches and players figuring out what to do!
There is no leadership what so ever on this team! Jmo

Reactions: HerdFan91
The oline is terrible. Not just bad. Terrible. The front 7 on the d is also terrible. We, myself included, have been giving the secondary sh*t all year. After watching closely tonight - its not all their fault. In fact, i think they would be ok if they had any help up front.

Also, our kicker is "pull his his scholarship" awful, too.

Legg still sucks, but at the end of the day, its more about the jimmys and joes than the xs and os, and the pantry is empty when it comes to both sides of the line.

One more thing, clint van horn is just bad. Being a 13th year senior, you would expect him to be decent. Hes not. He may be worse than some of the underclassmen were playing.

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
This season is, as predicted, over. Play out the string, don't get hurt, don't do stupid stuff at 2:30 am, study, stay eligible, lift weights.

And, with the way QBs work today, which means there are always 10 or so guys out there that the Big Boys have run off plus JUCOs and 5th year senior grad transfers (who have immediate eligibility) get one and tell CL he can take his talents elsewhere or play on the scout squad for the rest of his time. He just is not a I-A level QB.

Litton cussing out a female fan in chairbacks last night tells me all I need to know. Classless punk.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT