ADVERTISEMENT

Raoul...cars

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Was headed down I95 and was in the slow lane. Looked over and a new Vette passed me doing maybe 70 as were in a 65 zone.. Right behind it was a Lamborghini. Just following each other. White Vette and Lime Green Lambo. Never hauling ass or anything. Stayed with them for a bit. The Lamborghini would Rev it up every now and then but really.just cruising.

This was in Lumberton NC

Was headed down I95 and was in the slow lane. Looked over and a new Vette passed me doing maybe 70 as were in a 65 zone.. Right behind it was a Lamborghini. Just following each other. White Vette and Lime Green Lambo. Never hauling ass or anything. Stayed with them for a bit. The Lamborghini would Rev it up every now and then but really.just cruising.

This was in Lumberton NC
The real observation here is how do you get passed by a car going 70 in a 65. That’s some real grandpa driving there. What do you drive? A Buick LeSabre?

Hhaaa. My days of being a speed demon are over. Plus it is a known speed trap.

I‘m slowing down gradually. I’ve always struggled keeping it under the speed limit. But you can guarantee I’m set on 70 between Milton and Hurricane. The Milton police must be financing a new town hall as much as they patrol that stretch of I64.

The vette is a fine looking car. Looked up the specs and it will inky hit 194mph. The Lamborghini will hit 207 mph. Hahaa

Here are a couple of videos... Remember, this is a base Corvette, at least in the first video...

A lot of performance for the money.

The vette is a fine looking car. Looked up the specs and it will inky hit 194mph. The Lamborghini will hit 207 mph. Hahaa
This kind of reminds me of my younger brother. He bought a new Vette back in the ‘90s and was constantly reciting all the stats of what the car COULD do. Unfortunately, it never did anything because it rarely left the garage.
He was always afraid he would scratch it or get a paint chip.
For years, about all my brother did was wax the car until his wife put her foot down and made him sell it. She was tired of living in a very large house with no living room furniture.

Some of the majesty of the muscle car left after I test drove the Tesla. It went 0-60 pretty much the exact same time and a corvette as I recall.

Some of the majesty of the muscle car left after I test drove the Tesla. It went 0-60 pretty much the exact same time and a corvette as I recall.
Direct power. But from what a guy told me they don't handle real well on road courses. The weight is different is the way he explained it.

Direct power. But from what a guy told me they don't handle real well on road courses. The weight is different is the way he explained it.
I've driven both. A different sensation for sure with the linear acceleration of the Tesla. I've also got to take a few hot laps around the road course at Atlanta Motor Speedway in a C8. Amazing what that car can do with a professional driver behind the wheel (I was in the passenger seat for those laps).

It will be interesting to see how tire technology will look to shave even more time off 0-60. It is now traction as much as it is power and torque.

Yeah I have no clue about that. I literally drive a mini van and don’t care.

Like I feel like I use my iPhone to about 50% of its capabilities, the performance of a sports car would be wasted on me.

The Tesla felt like it handled to me similar to my old Mazda 3. But that on ramp on the interstate when I floored it felt like I just launched a rocket ship go cart.

Yeah I have no clue about that. I literally drive a mini van and don’t care.

Like I feel like I use my iPhone to about 50% of its capabilities, the performance of a sports car would be wasted on me.

The Tesla felt like it handled to me similar to my old Mazda 3. But that on ramp on the interstate when I floored it felt like I just launched a rocket ship go cart.
Battery powered so it doesn't have to shoot gas through the system to create combustion and turn RPMS'. When you hit the power it is there all at once. Just like a golf cart would be when you floor it(electric cart). But, then you don't have an engine in the front and from what I understand the drive train is different. So the car is balanced differently as compared to a gas engine car. He also stated you have to watch because when you come out of curve and you have that instance power you have to watch it. So it lt is likely a familiarity thing.

He saw a guy total a brand new Tesla on a road course. Whoops.

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
What do you drive? A Buick LeSabre?

If only they made a 2021 model.

I sure miss that couch. This Maxima is nice, but people think I'm some kind of sporty queer now. They talk about how nice it is and that it's not a grandpa car. I thought it was for fat women, honestly.

It's a good car, but the Buick LeSabre is more my personality. Dying old man wanting a nice cushion to lay on and peacefully drift into the cemetery.

If only they made a 2021 model.

I sure miss that couch. This Maxima is nice, but people think I'm some kind of sporty queer now. They talk about how nice it is and that it's not a grandpa car. I thought it was for fat women, honestly.

It's a good car, but the Buick LeSabre is more my personality. Dying old man wanting a nice cushion to lay on and peacefully drift into the cemetery.
I joke every time I go by a Buick LeSabre about what the demographics of the driver will be. I haven't missed yet…it’s an old person. If I saw you in a LeSabre you’d literally be the youngest driver I’ve seen driving one.

Come out here and every now and then you still see some of those with spinning sliver 20 some inch rims, gold portholes and extremely tinted windows. Thumping music that I can't even begin to recognize. It's not Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT