ADVERTISEMENT

Real Mean Don't Get Offended: The Death of Masculinity

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
That's offensive!" … said no great man, ever.

Ah, the year 2015. We find ourselves at the perfect intersect of political correctness, tolerance, and "white male privilege." Legend has it that at this crossroad you can sell your soul to a transgendered devil for reality TV fame and fortune. What an enlightening time to be alive.

All of these things are not only mildly annoying, but have actually led us to the precipice of man. Men no longer assume the responsibility of leading their family, because feminists have told them that male leadership is no longer intrinsically necessary. Men no longer teach their sons how to become a man, because maybe their son played with a Barbie once. Many men no longer challenge themselves, or live what Theodore Roosevelt called "the strenuous life," because they've been told that accepting themselves for who they are is more important than the growth that comes with discomfort.

Never is the fall of masculinity more clearly on display than when grown, adult men pull out the "offended" card. Any man who goes about with the word "offensive" on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding… or promptly have his man-card revoked, one of the two.

Why is it that we all inherently get that sense of disgust, that feeling of embarrassment for a man who whines about being "offended," but not many of us can articulate the reason why? Just why are we so repulsed by men (usually liberal) who fervently take "offense?"

It's simple. Both men and women respect men who take ownership, men who take action. Choosing to "be offended" is the epitome of inaction. Today's "offended" men are seen as wimpy simply because they are. Instead of harnessing whatever affront is facing them, instead of facing it head-on, dealing with the problem, and coming out the other side a stronger man, the "modern" male chooses to sulk, to whine, and inevitably call Gloria Steinem.

We don't need any more "offended" men; we need more leaders. We don't need any more professional protesters; we need more husbands. We don't need any more filthy, coffeehouse hipsters; we need more fathers.

So the next time you men think about choosing to "be offended" by something somebody else says or does, put down the chocolate and Midol and take control over your own life. Stop being "offended" and start taking action. You'll be glad you did.

Plus, chicks dig it.
Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/real-men-dont-get-offended/#zUBfQ5d0dRZiSLUX.99

safe_image.php

Originally posted by i am herdman:

Stop being "offended" and start taking action.
Some of today's school outcasts are stepping it up on this front by shooting up their classmates and even joining ISIS.

Lets be honest. Men of today are not near what men of years past were! As a species and gender we are becoming more and more wimpy. I often wonder what would happen if the entire electric grid went down, what percentage of men would survive. THey cant hunt, they cant grow a garden or farm. I bet the poplution would drop by 60% and most of that would be due to the heart attacks and shock that would occur when they cant recharge their I phones.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT